Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 (39361 Views)

Cape Verde, DR Congo, Tunisia, Zambia - AFCON 2015 Group B / Ghana Vs Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 - (2 - 0) On 2nd February 2013 / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by FBS: 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
Will like to get a glimpse of the first 11!

We are watching!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by stacomaster(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
9ja Go Win Jor

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nigeria will win by 3-1. You heard it here first.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Awofy: 10:46am On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=::Andrew::]Luck to the super vultures.

U have a problem when u are calling then black Vultures......
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Awofy: 10:49am On Jan 09, 2013
Eze Promoe:
You don start again smiley

yes he done start,if at the level of your live u are still primitive and a tribalis. well i fear for you generation.*****Today is tomorrow yesterday*******
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by klax(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
Well I wish them goodluck but they should be very careful not to sustain injury that cause havoc for Nigeria chance.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by honeric01(m): 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Keshi is likely to use mostly the 23 players today, we should keep tab on the first 11 on the pitch tonight, they're likely going to be our starting 11.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by olapluto(m): 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
honeric01: Keshi is likely to use mostly the 23 players today, we should keep tab on the first 11 on the pitch tonight, they're likely going to be our starting 11.
I disagree. I think Keshi has chosen a team fit for purpose. Our starting 11 will not be rigid, even in the group phase. I think today's match will be mainly about convincing himself about the dropped players and maybe test defense partnerships.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by warrior101: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
Can anybody please update me with the outcome of the match plz?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by honeric01(m): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
ola_pluto:
I disagree. I think Keshi has chosen a team fit for purpose. Our starting 11 will not be rigid, even in the group phase. I think today's match will be mainly about convincing himself about the dropped players and maybe test defense partnerships.

He's likely going to be using this match to perfect his playing style because we have no other game to test-ride and i also heard that the 23 man list must be submitted to CAF before midnight today, if he's to wait to send in the list after the match, he's likely not going to meet up with time.

Heard from one of the officials that the list's going to be sent before the game ends. so watch out during the game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Arsenate(m): 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
honeric01:

He's likely going to be using this match to perfect his playing style because we have no other game to test-ride and i also heard that the 23 man list must be submitted to CAF before midnight today, if he's to wait to send in the list after the match, he's likely not going to meet up with time.

Heard from one of the officials that the list's going to be sent before the game ends. so watch out during the game.
why did Keshi have to leave it this late. Just doesn't make sense
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Arsenate(m): 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
2013 looks like our best chance of winning the AFCON in a long while.
Winning it only twice is not befitting of the giant of the continent.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by seunajia: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
honeric01:

Any coach that's worth the name would already have his team's backbone. He may use the match to test-run combinations in his game plan.

I keep swearing after every competition not to watch the Super Eagles again. Now i cant wait for the match and AFCON to start.

Patriotism? Nah, yet to figure tongue

I wish them luck.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by honeric01(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
Arsenate: why did Keshi have to leave it this late. Just doesn't make sense

How do you mean? you think it's easy picking 23 players in Nigeria without sweating?

seunajia:

Any coach that's worth the name would already have his team's backbone. He may use the match to test-run combinations in his game plan.

I keep swearing after every competition not to watch the Super Eagles again. Now i cant wait for the match and AFCON to start.

Patriotism? Nah, yet to figure tongue

I wish them luck.

Well remember that he used alot of players during the qualifiers, so i believe he needs time to pick his players. whether we like it or not, whoever he picks would be his tools.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by ortopazz(m): 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
warrior101: Can anybody please update me with the outcome of the match plz?

just join us by 9pm
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by ortopazz(m): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
Keshi will field a team that will consist of certain people that he his still 5o/5o abou, he has his team, to me playing Enyeama might nt be a big deal, Ejide or Agbim might be tried, now the defense will be his focal point next to the midfield where lots of collabos, wnt be shocked ie the team that played in the first half is overhauled, though nt too convinced abou this, buh I see a Super Eagles wanting to Make a STATEMENT HERE TONITE, besides the normal hullabaloooos of whether Dike is gud or nt, i see him xperimenting, his starting 11 today, then as for the players still nt settled, they want to make a change, dnt be surprised if the strikaz score more than even xpected! Just xpect a nice game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
please beat the crap out of them angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by olapluto(m): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
Guesses over. Starting Line-up:
Nigeria XI v Cape Verde: GK Ejide, Ambrose, Oboabona, Yobo, Echejile, Fegor, Mikel, Onazi, Emenike, Moses, Ahmed Musa
Source: Shina Okeleji of BBC
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by olapluto(m): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: please beat the crap out of them angry angry angry angry
You're invited to adopt Nigeria as a country for next 4 weeks.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
ola_pluto:
You're invited to adopt Nigeria as a country for next 4 weeks.
lol thanks, i thanks my coaches, my teammates ,every nlder ..this trophy belong to you not to me , without you i would have never received this honor.. grin grin grin cool.being a member/citizen of the giant of africa is not easy i will do my best to make you proud and always fly the Naijan flag .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by bamasite(m): 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nigeria has won already
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by vanstanzy(m): 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
What i watched y'day was an absolute disgrace. shocked shocked shocked No play-maker at all. Mikel Obi couldn't hold the midfield for up to 3 mins., running around like a chicken with its head cut-off. Damn it! The cape verdians had a field day at the midfield. angry angry angry
The midfield is the sole of every game and so sorry we did a very poor job there. If only the cape verdians had a solid attack, we would have had a basket of goals against us. Just imagine it, since Jay Jay left, noone has been found worthy enough to mashall our midfield. That goes to show u that our Coaches are short-sighted to say the least. If this is the kind of team Keshi hopes to field in the Nations Cup, then the future is bleak. angry angry angry

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by fingard02k(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: please beat the crap out of them angry angry angry angry

We Will...

That will teach them for disrespecting almighty Indomitable Lions..

I,ll miss Eto..wld,ve been nice to see him play his last AFCON.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by seunajia: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
I hope he'd play Mikel in the role he plays at Chelsea angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by RedLight1: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: lol thanks, i thanks my coaches, my teammates ,every nlder ..this trophy belong to you not to me , without you i would have never received this honor.. grin grin grin cool.being a member/citizen of the giant of africa is not easy i will do my best to make you proud and always fly the Naijan flag .
grin grin kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by RedLight1: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
vanstanzy: I bet ya'll 1000 dollars, Nigeria will win this match.
i think its gonna be a draw ... cos our players will be extra careful not to get injured
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by ojoko1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
PLS WHICH STATION(s) WILL BE SHOWING THE MATCH? PLssssss
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by SuyaEater(m): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
nigeria will destory the blue whales 6-0
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by kupsonrex: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
ojoko1: PLS WHICH STATION(s) WILL BE SHOWING THE MATCH? PLssssss

DSTV of cause
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
gbosaa:

We Will...

That will teach them for disrespecting almighty Indomitable Lions..

I,ll miss Eto..wld,ve been nice to see him play his last AFCON.
i hope he will play the next one he can't leave this way that's if we even qualify. i weep for my team cry
and you have to ooo do not disappoint me in this game

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Napoli Fine Osimhen As Birthday Video Shows His ‘Recklessness’ / Athletes Representing Nigeria At Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022 (Full List) / Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.