Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (39593 Views)

University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / One Good Achievement As A Nigerian Don Discovers Cure For Diabetes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by bigpastor(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
I thought Dr Agbalaka has achieved this feat earlier
What became of His cure?
Hope this won't take a similar trend.
I only know of HAART
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by plendil: 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
This man is supposed to be a renowned prof of an institution with a pedigree as imposing as Uniben's; but his utterances, I must confess, have left me disappointed.

Where do I even start?

'Faintly positive'?? What the F^^k does that mean? Its either positive or negative, simple!

In which journal was the results published, if it has been at all?

Or it just a case of Vanguard playing on our gullibility and collective morbid interest in sensationalist bullshit??

I do not doubt that the man may come out with something, but the method he has gone about it is what you expect from those roadside tradohealers, not someone of his standing.

2 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
According to the body of the news story it seems the press is with the error of calling it a cure. I never saw where the doctor said it is a cure in the writing.

The research most continue for goodness sake.Where is the government to assist with the funding,please?! If you ask me what I think I will say - it looks promising!
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Arosa(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
purplekayc: meaning?

Meaning Edo state strong for medicine. no be today.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by plendil: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Furthermore, all those singing the conspiracy theory should kindly, and most respectfully, PUT A F^^KING SOCK IN IT!!

For a start, the West actually has more to gain from a cure than its continuous sponsorship of care and treatment programs in Africa and much of the developing world.

Secondly most of the medicines no longer come from them (the WEST), they come from INDIA.

Thirdly, patents that guarantee sole manufacture and sale of novel medications are no longer as lucrative as it used to be. Within a few months, its generic brands will be the markets.

..and so on.

Even if we accept that some kind of conspiracy went into the of the making of the virus, the claim that a cure has been found but hidden from public is, to those of us that are at least a bit informed, ludicrous.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Burger01(m): 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
plendil: This man is supposed to be a renowned prof of an institution with a pedigree as imposing as Uniben's; but his utterances, I must confess, have left me disappointed.

Where do I even start?

'Faintly positive'?? What the F^^k does that mean? Its either positive or negative, simple!

In which journal was the results published, if it has been at all?

Or it just a case of Vanguard playing on our gullibility and collective morbid interest in sensationalist bullshit??

I do not doubt that the man may come out with something, but the method he has gone about it is what you expect from those roadside tradohealers, not someone of his standing.

Faintly positive... Probably the diagnosis is giving false positive to HIV...
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Edomo(f): 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
israel007: He should cure someone first or inject the virus and cure himself before he sings

Don't be stupid please. If you read the post well, you'll be able to understand. He said they had undergone several tests. Must he tell you that he injected himself first? Silly ass.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by adim2(m): 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
We should not rejoice yet and count our eggs before they are hatched. The whites and UNO will want to die down this claim and they can back it up with variable claims. I had the opportunity of researching on chinwezuie and in his work he commented on noam chomsky's work of the white actually inventing and encouraging the virus when they know they have the cure already. If a black man claims to have the cure then, it means the whites and the developed nations are not doing there works. Which these countries will not want to subscribe to. So for those hailing UNIBEN as the greatest, please reserve it. There are people in other universities that might have seen the cure and also might have seen the forces they will be fighting against and they decides to mellow down. I am so sure nigerian government will not even want to suppose him, rather they will even condemn him.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
sarutobie: Like someone said earlier and from what a good friend of mine who graduated from unilag(a pharmacist) told me,drug business is a tough business..from what I gathered,the west milk a lot of money from our continent under the guise of 'researches'..phizer,glaxosmithkline and co have invested billions for retroviral drugs..there is NO way they will allow their billions go down the drain and accept someone's 'cure'..its just business..to them,money outweighs human life..
GBAM!!!!!!!!! i said it, i have always had this deep feeling within me that a panacea to HIV might probably have been found! Thank God am not the only one reasoning like this, the west have all along been economical with the truth.anyway i dont blame them, maybe they are trying to prevent indiscriminate bleeping
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by lekkie073(m): 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
boron10:
Oga nor disgrace us. It's Alumnus embarassed
grin d guy alone na alumni. no confuse am, na so dem teach am for uniben

2 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
drlizzy: The people who created the virus have the cure all along.The politics and business involved in the cure is just too massive to be imagined.
thank you ma sister, God bless you, the money they are making is so enormous, that giving up on their propaganda can only be better imagined plus the fact that this virus was politically designed like you rightly pointed out to checkmate the African population by the control of excessive bleeping and overpopulation. cheesy cheesy
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
Make una take time to click on the link and read the whole story
If this is true then this man and his team may have made history..

[size=18pt]
“But preliminary results showed that of the five latest patients orally administered with the drugs, our findings is that up to seven months , three of them were siro negative while two were sill faintly positive.’’

Ibeh appealed for support from the Federal Government and relevant bodies to assist the university with relevant equipment to sustain the research.(NAN)[/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Abeg make dem decrease the diet at Aso rock and give him money quick quick to conclude this research
Fire every member of NASS and add more to this research

Siro negative grin
naija journalists sef , like say dey are writing Igbo

1 Like

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by aribisala0(m): 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
When doctors make discoveries they take them to other doctors who ask a lotta questions just to be sure.They do not take their discoveries to Vanguard or ThisDay. That is the scientific way. Somehow I doubt that it would be a secret when a cure for HIV-AIDS is found

1 Like

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by cahnellven: 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
Prof ibeh was appointed the dean of Bamssa(school of basic medical sciences) after his numerous exploits as a medical microbilogist .i am proud to be a basic medical science student of d great university of benin. Once again,uniben smokes all other schools . . . .
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by eklassical(m): 11:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
De-eldorado:
The news is credible and from NAN. Am not surprised at all. The Professors at UBTH know their onions. UNIBEN Is really UNIBEST.
oh yes.... dats my ALMA MATER
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
aribisala0: When doctors make discoveries they take them to other doctors who ask a lotta questions just to be sure.They do not take their discoveries to Vanguard or ThisDay. That is the scientific way. Somehow I doubt that it would be a secret when a cure for HIV-AIDS is found

Click on the link and read the story
Sheesh

1 Like

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
Benin – Prof. Isaiah Ibeh of the University of Benin, on Tuesday announced the development of a new drug that can possibly cure HIV and AIDS.

Ibeh, who is the Dean of the School of Basic Medical Sciences of the university, told reporters in Benin that the herbal drug had undergone “series of successful tests”.

He said “We are at the threshold of making history, in the sense that we seem to have with us something that will permanently take care of what over time seems to have defied all solutions. “We are talking about the latest discovery of an oral drug made from plants extraction in Nigeria for the possible cure of the pandemic, HIV and AIDS virus.’’

According to him, research on the project was started in 2010 and culminated in the development of “Deconcotion X (DX)–Liquid or Bioclean 11 for the cure of HIV and AIDS”. “The existing retroviral drugs are intervention drugs for the management of AIDS but our new discovery is a possible cure.

File photo: A rally to mark HIV/Aids Day.
“We have tried to look at the product first; its toxicological analysis and discovered that it has a large safety margin. This means that if animals or human beings are exposed to it, they will not suffer any serious harm at all from the exposure.

“It also helped us to know the quantity we can conveniently give to animals and will feel secure that nothing untoward will happen. We have also done the bacteriological analysis on it, after which we looked at its effect on the virus and the result was quite revealing and refreshing.”

Ibeh also said that the drug had been exposed to series of medical examination both in Nigeria and in the USA. He added that the drug had performed well on patients with the HIV virus and had shown evidence of total restoration of damaged tissues.

“The result showed an increase in the body weight of the individual administered with DX. “The body weight was statistically significant when compared with the control group.”

He said that further tests were being conducted to determine “at what point will a patient become negative after being administered the drug?”.

“This verification is necessary because it is what is used to measure whether infection is still there or not. So we need to know the siro-convention time.

“But preliminary results showed that of the five latest patients orally administered with the drugs, our findings is that up to seven months , three of them were siro negative while two were sill faintly positive.’’

Ibeh appealed for support from the Federal Government and relevant bodies to assist the university with relevant equipment to sustain the research.(NAN)

2 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dondav: oh! Ok... Thanks for the news. Now I can screw the professor's wife too... I'll f*ck until I'm unable to f*ck anymore. grin
who opened the ZOO?! angry and where the hell is the Zoo keeper? angry angry somebody will pay for this!!!
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by plendil: 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
Burger01:
Faintly positive... Probably the diagnosis is giving false positive to HIV...

We regard such a case as negative.

What I guess they're referring to was the subject having a very low viral load, almost undetectable. In such a case it is still positive. there is no such thing as faintly positive when it comes to HIV.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
babyosisi: Make una take time to click on the link and read the whole story
If this is true then this man and his team may have made history..

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Abeg make dem decrease the diet at Aso rock and give him money quick quick to conclude this research
Fire every member of NASS and add more to this research

Siro negative grin
naija journalists sef , like say dey are writing Igbo
sironegative or seronegative? am confused!
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by MAXBERT(m): 12:03am On Jan 09, 2013
WELL.......D ILLUMINATI WILL NEVER LRT THAT NEWS GO PUBLIK....DEY WILL EITHER "BUY" IT OR KILL HIM.AND TRUST ME ALL SIGNS WILL B OBLITERATED......DAT NIGGA MUST MAKE A DECISION....THAT IS TO BRAVELY ANNOUNCE AND B READY TO DIE........WHITE DONT WANT BLACKS MAKIN "BIG NAMES" WITH SUCH HITECH RESEARCH.......
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by eklassical(m): 12:04am On Jan 09, 2013
PROF. IBEH!!!, GET READY,, THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by simdam500(m): 12:12am On Jan 09, 2013
Is it real?
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 09, 2013
simdam500: Is it real?

Only God knows
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by powerblaze(m): 12:33am On Jan 09, 2013
If this is tru, and really works... And the news filters to the west....hmm.. The first long range missile to nigeria wil land on his head!
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Bongoman1: 2:02am On Jan 09, 2013
Arosa: If Nigeria can find a cure for AIDS/HIV, it must come from Edo state. No surprise there. cool

Lips sealed. grin grin grin

Thanks to our girls,sister,aunties, mothers and 'grandmas' in Italy, they are doing us proud.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by plaetton: 3:35am On Jan 09, 2013
Here we go again.
Its deja vu all over again. Nigerians doing what they best: Trying a quick load of bucks on the suffering and anxieties of suffering people.

First, to claim that you have a cure for HIV/AIDS he must perform at least a minimum of three phases of clinical trials first in the lab, with animals and then a sampling of at least 1000 people, half male, half female and divided into different age groups.

Second, After even after the success of the administered doses in halting the spread of the disease, the patients would have to be sequestered and monitored for at least 2 yrs , in order to monitor the white blood cell counts. It is only after the success of this last stage that any one can claim to have discovered the cure for HIV/AIDS.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by quicksylva(m): 3:43am On Jan 09, 2013
MAXBERT: WELL.......D ILLUMINATI WILL NEVER LRT THAT NEWS GO PUBLIK....DEY WILL EITHER "BUY" IT OR KILL HIM.AND TRUST ME ALL SIGNS WILL B OBLITERATED......DAT NIGGA MUST MAKE A DECISION....THAT IS TO BRAVELY ANNOUNCE AND B READY TO DIE........WHITE DONT WANT BLACKS MAKIN "BIG NAMES" WITH SUCH HITECH RESEARCH.......
Bros No Vex O, I no mean to offend u O but why you dey expose ur illiteracy here now. I tink say u don leave dis ur yamayama talk for 2012, U still carry am enta 2013. I hail O.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by passion007: 3:45am On Jan 09, 2013
1stCitizen: This Professor just made a big blunder. Now the big corporations and the powers behind them will put pressure on the Nigerian government to discredit him and all his research.

He should have made the drug readily available without going to the press about it.

A disease like Aids remaining incurable and devastating the African continent serves their interest very well.
You think the Prof doesn't wanna turn his fortunes as well? If the Nigerian government fails to assist him in realizing that end, then it would be no surprise if he runs to the open arms of US and Swiss Multinational pharmaceutical companies.The result is that the drug becomes too f.ucking expensive for the people it was intended, and then we have to wait for the Indians to mediate and make the drug available for third world nations. My point is that Government assistance is critical here. But because our country never thinks beyond oil blocs, its hard for them to see how this discovery (if true, or if it has potential) could even turn around the country`s wealth.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 09, 2013
Note: laser fever drug was discovered in edo state, ekpoma τ̲̅ȍ be precise.

Sunny_bobo:

Never knew there are Igbo men from Edo. So, Prof. Isaiah Nnanna Ibeh is now an Edo man, blimey!!!
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Burger01(m): 5:58am On Jan 09, 2013
plendil:

We regard such a case as negative.

What I guess they're referring to was the subject having a very low viral load, almost undetectable. In such a case it is still positive. there is no such thing as faintly positive when it comes to HIV.
OK. You are right. Probably there is still some traces of very low VL.. In this case I believe the remaining two subjects need more time or months for total cure to take place. The drug is still in the testing stage. I wish him well.. if true, this is gonna be a big image lift for Nigeria..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yabatech Student Commits Suicide After Her Boyfriend Broke Up With Her(Video) / Why Does My Hand Shake Tremendously (propanol) / Coronavirus: WHO Lists Nigeria, 12 Others As Top-risk African Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.