Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! (5594 Views)

I Do Not Work In A Cybercafe, Naijainfogalery Lied Against Me / Stay In This Bathroom For A Day And Get 75 Million Dollars us. Yay Or Nah? / Its My Birthday. Yay!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by gbadex1(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2006
my cybercafe just got an Inverter and i just ove the way the device works!!no noise unlike the generator! also saves a lot of expenses e.g. petrol (can you imagine, petrol is now N78/N81 per litre shocked!!). the Inverter's connceted in a way that, when there's light, it starts charging automatically, and when our favourite uncles (PHCN) decide to "hold power", it takes over from them automatically, so no one knows when there's light and when there isn't!
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Seun(m): 8:17pm On Apr 27, 2006
Congrats. I use one too, but mine is sadly not automatic.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Immortalme(m): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2006
@gbade. How do i get an inverter that works automatically like yours 4 my home use.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by O4real(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2006
We have the automatic ones in all our branches and HQ. Kool device but can go crazy if not tendered. U still need power to charge so dont joke with either PHCN or Generator. Though ours can hold for 48hrs. We bought each close 2 a million bucks. There are other cheaper ones so dont get scared. If u need one i can link u with the supplier. 08052098532. All in all good and handy in need.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by kajad(m): 8:19am On Apr 28, 2006
How big is a 'small' one that can power household items.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by avalon: 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2006
hi kajad,nice topic.glad u brot it up, but u didnt quite specify how many computers ur unverter can carry and for how long it lasts,d price range.cos i ve got a cybercafe myself and i know wot it feels like gettin diesel every 3 days just to run it!.its wow!.so i wuld really a ppreciate it if u tell me how much it costs and where i can get it.expectin ur reply.ty.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by LoverBwoy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2006
information information

do u guys need to be paid to give out informations?

where can we get one?

what are the sizes available?

how much do they cost

giving the sellers website or phone wont hurt either!!

full link on what the thing can carry too
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by gbadex1(m): 9:51am On May 01, 2006
@everyone asking for specs concerning the inverter:

lol, i'll try my very best answering all questions. if the inverter (i.e the batteries) are fully charged, it can take my cybercafe on for about 2 and the half days non stop it's also a stabilizer. how you get one for domestic use, i don't know, but i'll ask around sha. or probably ask my boss. like O4real said, don't joke with Uncle PHCN, cos you'll need those dumb bleeps to help charge the Inverter. you also will need a generator, in case PHCN decides to be a real bitch in the making.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by O4real(m): 5:17pm On May 01, 2006
Someone called me after going thru this thread about the inverter. Like i told the person, i am not an inverter distributor but i know the main distributor we deal with who can help with any form of inverter installations be it 4 home or industrial use. This guy has done it 4 the company i work 4, Swipha and Mobil. At least these ones i know of. They are automatic inverters. The last time i spoke with the supplier about a home solution (which was last month) he said it goes 4 around 90k and can backup 4 seven hours!
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by avalon: 5:13pm On May 02, 2006
lol GBADE.so how many pcs has ur cafe?mine has 12 and was wondering if ur inverter has d same capacity 2 supply my 12 pcs with power.awaitin ur reply.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Seun(m): 7:14pm On May 02, 2006
How many batteries are required for the home solution?
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by gbadex1(m): 5:06pm On May 05, 2006
@avalon: we have about the same pcs (or should i call it macs since we use macs over here cheesy). or even more sef (i mean number of comps. the inverter itself is 5kv. has about 15 batteries. that's all for now. oh, oh, it also carries printers, photocopying machine, (but it consumes a lot of electricity, so you gotta know how you gonna do it wink cheesy )
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by avalon: 10:26pm On May 07, 2006
lol gbade.ur specificatios are totally, funny.wot do u mean 5kv,15 batteries+lots of electricity?is dat an ibo made inverter or wot? shocked .i wuld appreciate it if u give me a loaddwon of a good inverterwith specs that cater for my 12 pcs.and most importantly d cost.Avy.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by O4real(m): 4:16pm On May 09, 2006
Se ABA don enter inverter market 2?
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by buddie(m): 8:22pm On May 23, 2006
I know a guy who does this inverter in Oregun,lagos give him your specs and considered it done, 08023020858
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Afam(m): 12:04am On May 24, 2006
Hello All,

You can get an inverter to power anything and you can have a system designed to last for as long as you want.

The inverter simply converts the dc from the battery bank to ac (usable electricity) to the mains or your appliances.

We build our inverters locally (that means support is reliable) and they are reliable.

We have installed 1.5kva inverter with just 1 battery (12vdc 200AH), some 2.5kva inverters with either 2 or 4 batteries, 5kva inverter with 8 batteries.

Our inverters come with integrated battery chargers unless the units are higher than 3kva in which case we elect to get external chargers because the energy losses will be great if you make use of the same transformer to server both the inverter and the battery charger.

Before you start talking about getting an inverter/battery bank solution, its best you try to reduce the load in your house or office as the cost of even replacing some appliances will surely be lower than the cost of getting inverters to handle your current appliances.

For example, one might assume that a big TV is a huge load when compared to just regular bulbs but the fact is that just 3 bulbs will draw more power from your system than the TV.

I have changed bulbs to energy efficient bulbs rated 30W (will even get 15w soon). Just replaced a standing fan rated 100W with a new one rated 45W.

So, it's not just a question of getting an inverter from a seller or distributor, you need a good energy design to help you reduce your power requirements then get a solution that makes economic sense.

Modified sine wave inverters will run over 95% of regular appliances and they are cheaper when compared to pure sine wave inverters that will run anything but are just expensive.

I know the post is long but I felt many may need the information presented.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Seun(m): 12:07am On May 24, 2006
What's the price? I won't mind entering the business. Please, price, brothers.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Afam(m): 2:00am On May 24, 2006
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by buddie(m): 7:37pm On May 24, 2006
Try www.swillas.com they are local producers of inverters as well,met them at the last International trade fair in Lagos,they are doing pretty fine wink
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Seun(m): 9:15pm On May 24, 2006
Thanks, Afam. WHat about reseller prices?
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by tochi(f): 3:24am On May 25, 2006
I kept wondering what inverters were but not wanting to say anything! Thanks afam for clearing that up!
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by gbadex1(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2006
since y'all want the 411 on Inverters and stuff like that , i'll give y'all the phone numbers of the dudes/company that installed ours. that would be tomorrow.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by avalon: 1:09pm On May 29, 2006
@ gbade, i guess tomorow never dies rite? smiley
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Afam(m): 2:44pm On May 29, 2006
Hi Seun,

Still trying to reduce the prices of all the inverters as our main objective is to make it possible for every home to at least afford one instead of getting generators.

I will let you know when reseller prices are available but for now, we are hell bent on crashing the prices while maintaining the quality and fanatical after sales support.

Hi Tochi,

You are welcome. I think the problem most service providers have is that they assume everyone knows the details of services they provide forgetting that the average user won't buy what he/she does not understand and the onus lies on the service provider to get the information out in a manner that is devoid of unnecessary technical jargons.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by LoverBwoy(m): 2:50pm On May 29, 2006
i think u should loook at the site again n make some corrections

its says u save 10% N40,000- N43,000 and da rest wink
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Afam(m): 10:38am On Jun 01, 2006
Hi LoverBwoy,

Thanks for pointing that out but they are not mistakes.

The prices

save 10% N48,000.00 - N43,000.00

save 10% N58,000.00 - N52,200.00

save 10% N40,000.00 - N36,000.00 etc

The site is not a static website, all the calculations are done automatically.

Thanks once again for your time.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by otokx(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2006
I know of a cybercafe here in Port Harcourt that bought one of dem inverters from one local chap. It was 5 kVA with two batteries for N150k to carry about 40 flat screen PCs. The stuff is supposed to act as a back up till they switch over to their generator but its not behaving as they thought it. The worse part is that this same local chap supplied a similar stuff that seems to be doing fine to their other branch somewhere else.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Seun(m): 1:37am On Jun 13, 2006
That is why you need a warranty when buying electronic products. I want to sell this stuff to people.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by gbadex1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2006
aight guys, sorry i couldn't get the people's number but i'll get it tomorrow. please call them and when you do, be sure to mention debo (me) gave y'all their numbers to contact them.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by zPixel(m): 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2006
Please i need an inverter that can last for 6hrs or more, i have a pc that consumes like 500watts. Please if you have one for sale or you know where i can get, send me a mail at bolarinbabalola@yahoo.co.uk. Thanx
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by doksng(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2006
The number of hours your inverter/battery bank lasts depends on the size of your battery bank

The batteries act as a storage and the bigger it is the longer it would last.

If you want to use it for home use, it would be better for you to have a separate wiring with low power equipments connected to it.

There are quite a lot of things to consider before investing in such so that you wouldnt be complaining later that the equipment does not work.How good is your PHCN supply for charging the batteries, the kind of load you are going to put on it and number of hours
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by danielorde(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2006
Hello all,

I would like to know how often these batteries will need to be replaced. Please Afam or anybody else let me know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hi! Facial Features And Heritage? (pic) / Pastor W.f. Kumuyi To Preach At R.c.c.g / Photo: World Most Expensive Toilet Sit Made Of Gold Worth $10 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.