Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan (15667 Views)

Armed Robbers Killed By Police In Rivers After Heavy Shootout (Graphic Pics) / Fetish 419 Syndicate In Ibadan Arrested By Police (Photos) / Photos: Two Robbers Shot In Okokomaiko, Lagos By Police In The Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by kolibdrus: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
The families and friends of Shola Adeghegha are imploring all Nigerians, Nairalanders home and abroad to please wade into the issue of gruesome murder of Shola Adeghegha that was murdered by a Nigeria Police at Mokola Police Station in Ibadan.

Early yesterday morning, 08/01/13, the deceased brother was called by the police to come to Mokola Police Station to bail Shola who has a case in their station. On getting there, they could not him and they asked his whereabout.

It was then the D.P.O. attached to the station started calming the deceased brothers down telling them Shola has been killed by one of his boys. His explnation: Shola was arrested with his car and he was asked to drive to Mokola police Station from Ago tapa where they arrested him, he took them to the station and while a policeman was trying to open the gate, Shola reversed the vehicle to run away and so he was shot dead by the police.

The family have asked for them to produce the police but they have not done so. People living around Mokola station did not hear any gunshot yesterday morning as the police claimed it happened then. Even Mokola Police station entrance is so narrow that a vehicle will have to turn and turn to make a reverse for escape, and at the same time how can Shola take them to the station before deciding to run away.

Please all this questions are begging for answers from Nigerian Police.

Please Nigerians, wade into this matter and bring the killer cop to book for this murder. Lets stop this murderous killings by Nigerian Police.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by kolibdrus: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
That is the picture of Shola's corpse.

Picture of the corpse has been removed for some reasons. Thanks
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
Get a good lawyer and sue the police.

1 Like

Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Deivid10(m): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
Most of these police re the true criminals... I just hope no 1 start suspecting d reason why ve been makin it to d top 3 to comment on this forum lately... We re our problem(the change starts wit u)
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by seuncyber(m): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
no law in this country (FAKE POLICE)
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by hbrednic: 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
so sad,you need an attorney immediately.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Gentlepapi(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
May his humble soul rest in peace Amen
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Taiyebabatunde: 1:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
What a wicked world God will punish the killer. They shall know no peace
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Burger01(m): 1:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
So so saad.. Just like that. I tire for naija police. Always with ready excuse for their barbaric actions. RIP bro..
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Chineke oooooooooooooo. When is our police academy going to start teaching police to shoot to disarm a suspect if the need arises instead of shooting to kill? I can only imagine the pain the victim's people will be going through right now.May God Himself reform the Nigeria Police!
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by jeddyMay(f): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO KEEP N GUARD US FROM THIS MEN IN BLACK.

RIP!!!!

1 Like

Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hmmm! Police wahala dis kind early year. These days, the police are in the habit of arresting innocent nigerians unlawfully and demanding outrageous amount as bail. Na God go save pesin sha. RIP to the dead.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by stacomaster(m): 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
kolibdrus: That is the picture of Shola, i will post his corpse later
ah de wait 4 d pix
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by texazzpete(m): 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
kolibdrus: The families and friends of Shola Adeghegha are imploring all Nigerians, Nairalanders home and abroad to please wade into the issue of gruesome murder of Shola Adeghegha that was murdered by a Nigeria Police at Mokola Police Station in Ibadan.

Early yesterday morning, 08/01/13, the deceased brother was called by the police to come to Mokola Police Station to bail Shola who has a case in their station. On getting there, they could not him and they asked his whereabout.

It was then the D.P.O. attached to the station started calming the deceased brothers down telling them Shola has been killed by one of his boys. His explnation: Shola was arrested with his car and he was asked to drive to Mokola police Station from Ago tapa where they arrested him, he took them to the station and while a policeman was trying to open the gate, Shola reversed the vehicle to run away and so he was shot dead by the police.

The family have asked for them to produce the police but they have not done so. People living around Mokola station did not hear any gunshot yesterday morning as the police claimed it happened then. Even Mokola Police station entrance is so narrow that a vehicle will have to turn and turn to make a reverse for escape, and at the same time how can Shola take them to the station before deciding to run away.

Please all this questions are begging for answers from Nigerian Police.

Please Nigerians, wade into this matter and bring the killer cop to book for this murder. Lets stop this murderous killings by Nigerian Police.

Thanks

The explanation from the DPO makes no sense. You cannot shoot and kill an unarmed man just for trying to reverse and escape.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nigeria police are the most useless and lawless in the world.I have always advise people who always have contact with them on daily basis to try and avoid them totally even if it means bribing your way out of their miseries.so next time a policemen wave you down,just be polite and give him what he wants instead of speaking too much grammars since they won't listen to you and will eventually cause more trouble for you.

Rip in peace to the deceased and may God punish the Nigeria police for the unwarranted and extra-judicial killings of innocent lives.
cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by hok4u(f): 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
The worst set of human beings on earth(THE NIGERIA POLICE)
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by cytellProperty: 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ballant lies, must you shoot someone to death to disarm him, even if he were an armed robber?
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by mrkels(m): 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
Run away?? When you all know they can fire at anybody anywhere at any given time and go scot free with it? Wrong move bro...sorry for your loss. Make sure you deal with these suckers.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by PosCaricature: 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
While I condole with you, I advice you to petition the Inspector General of Police, the state Commissioner of Police & the DPO of that same Division (even though he is already aware of the case). Reach out to one or two of the human right organisation & also present them copies of the petition. I am sure IG Abubakar will not like to handle a case like this with levity.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Guapo(m): 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
kolibdrus: That is the picture of Shola's corpse.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by DJDOLA(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
Haha!!!police I fear does guys in black uniform..I don't argue wit them when they stop me..they will just waste someone life and lie 2 ur familly that u are a criminal
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
RIP, @Op plz kindly remove the corpse pics. show some respect to the dead.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
I feel so uneasy whenever those gun wielding beats are around me mehn!
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by enyieuna: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
it's getting out of hand the way our police treat its citizens ,what is the IG doing to sanity the force ?
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by chimex38: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
kolibdrus: That is the picture of Shola's corpse.

Is dis necessary?

1 Like

Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Donsammi(m): 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
rip .... thats the men.in black for you ... a black man in black will shot at any black thinq that comes to his black mind .... *mouth shut*
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by coogar: 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
lawless country
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by Kinikini: 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
GO to one of these human right lawyers like Femi Falana. You need them right now.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by kolibdrus: 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
991: RIP, @Op plz kindly remove the corpse pics. show some respect to the dead.

i will do so. u r right
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by faporori24: 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
Govt must do something about those police at mokola nah so dem dey do i remember when they arrest me with 250k God save me i might be kill as well they want to do something bad if not that i called my lawyer and i told him where i was God save me.
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by SisiKill1: 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
We get the point. ...HE IS DEAD!!

Must you include the picture of his NAKID CORPSE??!!!!

What is wrong with people??!! It's bad enough the guy was treated unjustly when he was alive. ...you can't even allow him a little dignity in death.

How are you different from the police who killed him because they want to show the little power they have. They used their guns, you use the www. undecided
Re: Murder Of Shola Adeghegha By Police In Ibadan by enyieuna: 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
This is painful what beats me is that at the end of the day the punishment meted out to the culprit will not be commensurate to the crime he committed that's why others are willing to bear the consequences knowing fully well that the result will be minimal may his soul rest in peace my heart is really troubled by the events taking place in our country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ex Lied That I Raped Her / Man Brutalized By Police In Lagos Lands In Hospital (Photos) / Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.