Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1263457 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Lol, na so you dey take conclude?

Haba! I submitted my version but D'banj never release result yet. I just brought mine out so y'all can listen.

lol...as an engineer i rely heavily on my analytical and deductive skills.
No qualms then.....
All the best
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
do not let NL battle rap enter ur head to much Bros..falz is a comic rapper not ur dope rapper u want...he was paid millions to do dat funny yoruba accent for jus 10mins for a one rich man so...people wanna make money nd ts not all about the dopeness everytime ,even biggie had to mix his album with some conmercial stuffs to sell more copies..

Jus enjoy falz is a comic rapper he's not boogey *wink*
i do not detest him or his music. His style is just not my taste.
Same goes for the majority of the rappers holding it down here in naija.
They just pack their verses with fillers, then blend it with a danceable beat. Singing rappers!

The problem is that, most people in this country don't listen to lyrics.
All they care about is a nice beat to dance to. This is why these artistes are not improving on their lyricism.

I'm already very familiar with what seems very funny to you guys. The accent thingy is not new to me. I once lived in an environment where i got to hear people speak that way everyday, every minute, every second.

When i listened to his(falz) song all i heard was the accent.

Rappers are not meant to be lazy. One has to be creative enough as a rap artist.
When one has no voice like that of beyonce for instance, one can still decide to do music via rap. one just has to be creative with words.
I don't expect to see any rapper singing!

The Nigerian rappers of this era are lazy - this is why they resort to singing.( and dem no get voice)

Being creative with words is not specifically meant for rapbattles.

Shady is also a comical rapper, and his lyrics are still creative enough.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reyginus:
Who is payback? Any mixtape? Even I know more.
yes he's as dope as boogey...he has up to 3mixtapes follow him on twitter @talktopaybac.
His latest work is "the other side of the radio"
I can only remembers two of his mixtapes which are..

"The other side of the radio"
"the iboro tape"

Google them they both have more than 10tracks each . Thank me later .
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by airmark(m): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
is because we the hipop fan are to lazy to search for d good rappers .u only watch d one's ur cable network show u...later u will say no hiphop in Nigeria but u dnt take out time to search for d real one's.so d real hiphop are tired nd now dy are singing to make money..watch boogey go commercial soon.

If u want dope artiste see dem here..

Payback
Boogey
Ainomore
AQ(the last time I asked u of AQ u dnt even know him ,when I'm go go wack now to make money u go say I'm know sabi rap)

Buy there albums n download there mixtapes,support them so dy wunt go wack to make money

You nailed it. I bought olamide's first album online because of the quality of rap in it. I was amazed when he later said he fell with the album, because it did nt sell and nearly sent him to the farm. Now olamide is singing up and down because he needed to make money and live a better life. Look at blaqbonez , still underground like glo telephone cable because he is not that commercial rapper. Why wont they be going wack to make ends meet? The market is not that favourable to rappers.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
yes he's as dope as boogey...he has up to 3mixtapes follow him on twitter @talktopaybac.

"the iboro tape"

Okay. Let me see. But what type of rap does he do? I mean his topics.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

i do not detest him or his music. His style is just not my taste.
Same goes for the majority of the rappers holding it down here in naija.
They just pack their verses with fillers, then blend it with a danceable beat. Singing rappers!

The problem is that, most people in this country don't listen to lyrics.
All they care about is a nice beat to dance to. This is why these artistes are not improving on their lyricism.

I'm already very familiar with what seems very funny to you guys. The accent thingy is not new to me. I once lived in an environment where i got to hear people speak that way everyday, every minute, every second.

When i listened to his(falz) song all i heard was the accent.

Rappers are not meant to be lazy. One has to be creative enough as a rap artist.
When one has no voice like that of beyonce for instance, one can still decide to do music via rap. one just has to be creative with words.
I don't expect to see any rapper singing!

The Nigerian rappers of this era are lazy - this is why they resort to singing.( and dem no get voice)

Being creative with words is not specifically meant for rapbattles.

Shady is also a comical rapper, and his lyrics are still creative enough.
that is what I'm saying vector is dope but since u hihop fan don't give him d much support he needed he's now going commercial nd singing also...Niaja rapper go lazy cus me nd u dnt support there hustle.the hiphop fan cnt buy albums rather dy download the songs they can't even go out to pay to watch dem,why wunt dy go lazy? Even boogey is considering going commercial soon cus the hiphop fan aint supporting..hw many eminem album do u have? The afropop fan are more real they buy there artiste album always ,pay to watch them...but the hipop fan aint do so,that's why u see dem singing.no be there fault.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reyginus:
Okay. Let me see. But what type of rap does he do? I mean his topics.
he's a consious rapper.hour ,lost his dad nd sister btw few years interval so does much of emotional stuffs..but very poetic ..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
airmark:

You nailed it. I bought olamide's first album online because of the quality of rap in it. I was amazed when he later said he fell with the album, because it did nt sell and nearly sent him to the farm. Now olamide is singing up and down because he needed to make money and live a better life. Look at blaqbonez , still underground like glo telephone cable because he is not that commercial rapper. Why wont they be going wack to make ends meet? The market is not that favourable to rappers.
thank God someone finally understand my point. Blaqbonez will blow if I'm calm down,he has d commercial sense,I heard one of his track "follow follow" he was a bit commercial..iceprincezamani is currently the biggest hipop act outta Africa..but does he rap? No he sings n raps trash..(he use to rap well b4) bigger promotion is helping him .MI is d only rapper who understand the market.hour goes commercial a lil bit on album den go dope on mixtape..Vector his understanding the business graduatly that's why he's making some cash right now....shout to jesse jagz for for staying in btw commerciality nd dopeness
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
coogar:

you would be making the biggest mistake of your life if you attempt it....
be warned....this isn't your tourney of rookies where your below average bars sunk battle-worn foes that came your way. this is the arena of death where your head would be taken off and sent to your siblings without remorse.

ludicrously narcissistic? you ought to be warned so you know what you are up against.
go home....go and enjoy your last victory. you're not yet ready to face a carnivore like me. you would be eaten up within seconds.
i was already having a nice rest with the gods when liricyst called saying, you wanted to rumble.

This is how you always yap your mouth at first. Then when you sense the impending danger you become petrified, looking for ways to cleverly elude what is to come.

You scared of being usurped? grin
it's quite perceptible, how you keep hiding that fear by professing what you're not.
Talk is cheap, once-in-a-blue moon rapper. Brawl often nd let your bars talk.

You call those guys rookies, but they are far more consistent than you.
If everyone were to script one verse per year like you do, everyone would be doper than than everyone.

Get your balls together!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by iceyslim(m): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reyginus:
Why are you here?

Am here too learn nd also brawl nd meet new niggas

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
that is what I'm saying vector is dope but since u hihop fan don't give him d much support he needed he's now going commercial nd singing also...Niaja rapper go lazy cus me nd u dnt support there hustle.the hiphop fan cnt buy albums rather dy download the songs they can't even go out to pay to watch dem,why wunt dy go lazy? Even boogey is considering going commercial soon cus the hiphop fan aint supporting..hw many eminem album do u have? The afropop fan are more real they buy there artiste album always ,pay to watch them...but the hipop fan aint do so,that's why u see dem singing.no be there fault.
Real rapheads don't do hiphop for money.

And this is where the problem lies; money! Nigerian rappers don't like the hiphop culture; what they like is the money.

American gangsters kept on doing rap until it was accepted generally. They didn't have to start distorting rapmusic just to make it suiting to the majority. They didn't do it for money.
with time, hiphop became recognised and on the same level with the other genres.
Now hiphop is the no1 genre of music over there.

We should always be real to whatever we believe in!

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

Real rapheads don't do hiphop for money.

And this is where the problem lies; money! Nigerian rappers don't like the hiphop culture; what they like is the money.

American gangsters kept on doing rap until it was accepted generally. They didn't have to start distorting rapmusic just to make it suiting to the majority. They didn't do it for money.
with time, hiphop became recognised and on the same level with the other genres.
Now hiphop is the no1 genre of music over there.

We should always be real to whatever we believe in!
and who ever say dy dnt do it for money...go read "15things about B.I.G" or tell darkenedrebel to share the link for you .B.I.G said and I quote "I wanted making the album real hardcore but I hard to go a little bit commercial so I could sell more copies"

Is B.I.G not a real rap head?

Do you think eminem will be happy if drake do win much award than him if they were been nominated in d same category best rap song .. Don't be decieved bro,blood also flows in the body of the rapheads... Them sef dem human being oh
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
he's a consious rapper.hour ,lost his dad nd sister btw few years interval so does much of emotional stuffs..but very poetic ..
Okay. Let me check him.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
airmark:

I don't think being dope is the issue. M.I's Talk About It was dope and sold well. Their is something we often overlook and that's your voice. A good voice sells. Like music to your soul. Even in the real world we tend to listen more to the motivational speaker with the better voice. Barrack Obama comes to mind.

Take a look at Iceprince, Sarkodie, Vector, M.I, Yung6ix. These guys have good rapping voice. So dopeness is not the issue here. M.I, Sarkodie and all these guys I mentioned can still be dope and sell. M.I One is an example.

I think when these guys talk about the market they are only hiding their laziness or inconsistency. Whatever Olamide or Phyno raps about the fans will always enjoy it. Most fans don't enjoy either Dope or Wack rap songs. Its the voice and beat they listen to. Like my barber telling me that Meek Mill and Ace Hood have better lyrics(I know he doesn't understand what it even means) compared to the Immortal Technique's I made him play from my phone.

That's the same reason I think boogey will never be popular. He must work on his voice if he will be.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
is because we the hipop fan are to lazy to search for d good rappers .u only watch d one's ur cable network show u...later u will say no hiphop in Nigeria but u dnt take out time to search for d real one's.so d real hiphop are tired nd now dy are singing to make money..watch boogey go commercial soon.

If u want dope artiste see dem here..

Payback
Boogey
Ainomore
AQ(the last time I asked u of AQ u dnt even know him ,when I'm go go wack now to make money u go say I'm know sabi rap)

Buy there albums n download there mixtapes,support them so dy wunt go wack to make money

Charles III
Mojeed
Navas (Yeah, Jreyez)
Ayo Bawss
Naz Badass
Ghost
Poe (former Nairalander)
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
and who ever say dy dnt do it for money...go read "15things about B.I.G" or tell darkenedrebel to share the link for you .B.I.G said and I quote "I wanted making the album real hardcore but I hard to go a little bit commercial so I could sell more copies"

Is B.I.G not a real rap head?

Do you think eminem will be happy if drake do win much award than him if they were been nominated in d same category best rap song .. Don't be decieved bro,blood also flows in the body of the rapheads... Them sef dem human being oh
what is this guy talking? You're comparing their mainstream rap to ours?
Forget the money making palaver.
Everyone needs money, so sometimes it's acceptable to bend the rules a bit.
B.i.g, shady nd co took hiphop to mainstream and still kept it real.

B.I.G, said "HARDCORE rap", in other words - battlerap. He couldn't go mainstream with that even if he wanted to.
Battle rappers are still trying to hit the mainstream till today.

What B.I.G meant was that he had to reduce the aggresiveness and all that to make a normal rapsong.
And that didn't stop him from being creative.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:

"the iboro tape"

Are you on whatsapp? Send your digits to me here: Giyazmusic@yahoo.com

I like ya style wink
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dan, I found only one, the other side of the radio with Charlie X. Any link to the other two?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

what is this guy talking? You're comparing their mainstream rap to ours?
Forget the money making palaver.
Everyone needs money, so sometimes it's acceptable to bend the rules a bit.
B.i.g, shady nd co took hiphop to mainstream and still kept it real.

B.I.G, said "HARDCORE rap", in other words - battlerap. He couldn't go mainstream with that even if he wanted to.
Battle rappers are still trying to hit the mainstream till today.

What B.I.G meant was that he had to reduce the aggresiveness and all that to make a normal rapsong.
And that didn't stop him from being creative.
is nt all about dropping agrressivness alone,also to dump down a little to sell more copies n make more money...u Deviated from my point .hw would u say rap head don't do it for money....Talib kwali complains everyday on twitter about getting little from much is putting out....bro ur earlier statement is kinda wrong...slim shaddy 1st body of work didn't sell much copies not because it was not dope o. He came with,New body of work which was more acceptable....did u ever think d rap head don't need money? Nas decided to make rap a carrer when it started paying of B.I.G or so(actually forgot the person's name)...most times why did most of dis rap head do rate there Most successful album there best album.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reyginus:
Dan, I found only one, the other side of the radio with Charlie X. Any link to the other two?
yeah Charlie X is the producer..follow him on twitter @talktopaybac he will give u all the link u need
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Are you on whatsapp? Send your digits to me here: Giyazmusic@yahoo.com

I like ya style wink
thanks man

Add me up 08171681139
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
yeah Charlie X is the producer..follow him on twitter @talktopaybac he will give u all the link u need
Lol. Okay. But I don't really follow people that way.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Charles III Mojeed Navas (Yeah, Jreyez) Ayo Bawss Naz Badass Ghost Poe (former Nairalander)
give me link to some jreyez tracks. Poe a former nairalander? Which of d poe? The one falz ft on marry me?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reyginus:
Lol. Okay. But I don't really follow people that way.
lols..no big ish abt it na..jus follow him...I will follow anybody jus to get good music..trust me

Download kidmarley "I AM MUSIC" Ft Boogey and Paybac.

Boogey 1st verse, paybac 2nd, Kidmarley3rd.
Lord vino is another dope guy o.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
lols..no big ish abt it na..jus follow him...I will follow anybody jus to get good music..trust me

Download kidmarley "I AM MUSIC" Ft Boogey and Paybac.

Boogey 1st verse, paybac 2nd, Kidmarley3rd.
Lord vino is another dope guy o.
Lol. I don't download singles too. Lol. But let me see.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reyginus:
Lol. I don't download singles too. Lol. But let me see.
give a try..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

i was already having a nice rest with the gods when liricyst called saying, you wanted to rumble.

This is how you always yap your mouth at first. Then when you sense the impending danger you become petrified, looking for ways to cleverly elude what is to come.

You scared of being usurped? grin
it's quite perceptible, how you keep hiding that fear by professing what you're not.
Talk is cheap, once-in-a-blue moon rapper. Brawl often nd let your bars talk.

You call those guys rookies, but they are far more consistent than you.
If everyone were to script one verse per year like you do, everyone would be doper than than everyone.

Get your balls together!

it's not my fault i script one verse per decade, its just that i have run out of netcees to kill.
the coog won't waste his time scripting for infants like yourself. it does nothing for my glory. if i kill you, i get no credits. everyone generally expects such outcome. you have not earned the stripes yet to clash swords with a monster like me.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
give a try..
Just did. As usual, boogie wins.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
coogar:

it's not my fault i script one verse per decade, its just that i have run out of netcees to kill.
the coog won't waste his time scripting for infants like yourself. it does nothing for my glory. if i kill you, i get no credits. everyone generally expects such outcome. you have not earned the stripes yet to clash swords with a monster like me.

Smh!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reyginus:
Just did. As usual, boogie wins.
boogey got the lyrics but paybac followed d story...so I go for paybac
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
liricyst:

Smh!

don't shake your head!
do you really think elymax is good enough to box with god?

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by airmark(m): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reyginus:
I don't think being dope is the issue. M.I's Talk About It was dope and sold well. Their is something we often overlook and that's your voice. A good voice sells. Like music to your soul. Even in the real world we tend to listen more to the motivational speaker with the better voice. Barrack Obama comes to mind.

Take a look at Iceprince, Sarkodie, Vector, M.I, Yung6ix. These guys have good rapping voice. So dopeness is not the issue here. M.I, Sarkodie and all these guys I mentioned can still be dope and sell. M.I One is an example.

I think when these guys talk about the market they are only hiding their laziness or inconsistency. Whatever Olamide or Phyno raps about the fans will always enjoy it. Most fans don't enjoy either Dope or Wack rap songs. Its the voice and beat they listen to. Like my barber telling me that Meek Mill and Ace Hood have better lyrics(I know he doesn't understand what it even means) compared to the Immortal Technique's I made him play from my phone.

That's the same reason I think boogey will never be popular. He must work on his voice if he will be.

You are right about the voice, but my brother it's not a major. Before I came back I was thinking our rappers were just being lazy when they complained about not making it big like the commercial singers. I confirmed it. If you have the voice and dope, that's good but it wont take you far in Nigeria of today. Vector has the voice but he was making peanuts when he did nt work on his choruses. Mode 9 is being hailed as the best but that's where it stops, he caint afford buying a villa at parkview. Yung6 has a good voice, his lyrics are not bad as per 9ja standard, but you and I know he is still struggling and as it stands olamide can afford to sign him. Reminisce has been underground with same voice until he had to switch his style to suit the populace yearnings so as to be able to roof his building at ikorodu. Imagine! MI's one would nt have attained the height if waje did n't kill the chorus of that love song. Everyone loved it. But did it do better than shoki in acceptability?. Olamide's 'voice of the street' would never push him to the peak at which 'shakiti bobo' got him. It's unfortunate but the truth is, there is more to it than good rap voice. What I realize is make sure your rap song is groovy, the chorus must be something catchy, well knitted. Something audience can easily relate with and sing along. Majority of those who will buy your materials are lazy listeners who are all out to groove to beat and chorus. Then, Multinationals look at your fanbase before giving you those endorsements as an artiste to boost their own image more. No one wants to lag behind.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.