Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? (5992 Views)

Software Companies Websites Developed By Another Web Development Company / Software Companies In Nigeria (internship) / Software Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by talk2D: 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
What of prototypes?
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by spikesC(m): 1:32am On Jan 15, 2013
What is wrong with you people self undecided

Even in US, minors DO NOT PARTAKE IN CONTRACTS, all you have to do is provide a suggestion.

It's better to allow minors partake in the competition but come with their parents/guidance during legal stuffs. SIMPLE
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by NET1(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2013
I like this. This is a noble development.

.NET
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
After carefully consideration and research, i'll go with "Repair and maintenance" for oil and gas
anyone here taking part in this initiative? LordZouga, Javanian, DC, Yawatide, Afam, DHTML, Seun and other great coders
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by lordZOUGA(m): 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
webdezzi: After carefully consideration and research, i'll go with "Repair and maintenance" for oil and gas
anyone here taking part in this initiative? LordZouga, Javanian, DC, Yawatide, Afam, DHTML, Seun and other great coders
I should. I have an idea I think they might like. grin
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by csharpjava(m): 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
bunmiokunowo:
About Techlaunchpad
[b]Who Can Apply

o Participants must be available in Nigeria throughout the duration of the programme

Those overseas should be exempted from being in Nigeria throughout the duration of the programme.
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by freeman201: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
I am a Dot Net Programmer and a web application developer, I have developed so many website in Dot Net including web app and have developed so many software's too in Dot Net, I writ and sell Template I have no Idea on how the above categories works but i Know i can develop those software's if Briefs is given to me both on Net and Stand Alone....Am I free to Apply....

thanks

for more information about my works.... visit http://www.difameg.com
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by xtraodinaire: 11:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
I would have called this a laudable initiative but I have a problem with the sectors you can actually develop for. I don't want to play the devil's advocate but I think the whole initiative hasn't been well thought out.
Financial sector and oil and gas sector are the biggest in every economy and trust me if this project is going to work those two sectors shouldn't be the primary focus for now.
The healthcare sector for example is HUGE and we have very little software that can compete to actually help the sector to be better (nothing wrong in having a centralized record system for all state hospitals for example).

The maritime sector, I'm not talking about developing for shipping companies cos that's a two way link which won't be all that easy but look at the ports for example, its a very HUGE sector and trust me they still need more sophisticated solutions..

Case management for law firms and even d ministries of justice across the country... the list is endless..

So I think if they really want this initiative to make a difference and actually help developers they shouldn't limit development to those tso sectors..
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
bunmiokunowo: About Techlaunchpad

The Nigerian Ministry of Communication Technology has launched a Technology Innovation Program called Techlaunchpad to accelerate the access to market for the local software developers in Nigeria. With venture capital fund of US$15m (from both government and private investors) to support this program and the other Incubation programs in Nigeria, the Ministry is poised to work with the private sector to accelerate the development of the local software industry.

The Honourable Minister of Communication Technology spoke about this initiative on YouTube at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV4oF37mrog

Techlaunchpad – as an IT Accelerator - is a collaboration between the Ministry of Communication Technology and industry partners to nurture and develop software entrepreneurs/developers who have a vision to build successful software companies that support the Nigerian sectors such as financial services and oil and gas industry. The program partners include Chevron, ExxonMobil, Total, Shell, First Bank, Access Bank, Accenture, Digital Jewel and others.
This first phase of this program seeks existing, new and aspiring software developers (company or individuals) who have beta or almost complete software solution for the Banks, Oil and Gas industry in the areas listed below.
 For the Financial Industry:
o Analytics (i.e. Business Intelligence)
o Mobility (Payment/Collection)
o CRM (Social Media Aggregator)
o Digital Media (Marketing, Webcast, Subscription)
o Fraud Management

 For the Oil & Gas Industry:
o Real Time Monitoring
i. Repair and Maintenance
ii. Decision Assistance
o Mobility (Payment/Collection)

Eligibility of the Solutio[/b]n

 The beta solution must meet the requirements below:
o Must be innovative and not infringe on any known copyright
o Application and solution documentation must be in English Language
o Solution should not yet have been introduced into the market; but should require short lead time to commercialization (18 months or below)
o Application must be within the stated areas of scope under the following industries:
i. Financial Services
ii. Oil & Gas Industry

[b]Benefits to Developers

Successful applicants/developers will be admitted into Incubation Centres in Lagos to develop the full solutions within 6 months. During this stage, the successful applicants will be provided office space, high speed internet access and other office logistics within the 6 months duration of the program. The software developers will be mentored by Chief Information Officers of the partners and other identified Executives to fine tune the quality and industry relevance of their solution to ensure that the solutions comply with international quality and standards, as well as accelerate the launch of the product.

Other benefits to the developers during this program will include:
o Training: covering areas such as software standards, quality, testing methodology and so on
o Access to development tools and testing environment
o Business advisory services: business registration, intellectual property protection, contact agreement
o Funding: operational expenses, providing investor access to start-up capital or venture capital
o Links to industry and strategic partners: Access to functional experts/industry, mentoring & networking
o Technology commercialization assistance: Providing access to the market to enhance fit and patronage

Who Can Apply

 Existing, new and aspiring software developers (company or individuals)
 Nationality
o Participants must be Nigerian citizens
o Participants must be of a minimum of 18 years
o Participants must be available in Nigeria throughout the duration of the programme
o Participants with business entities must be registered in Nigeria with a minimum of 51% local equity (i.e.. At least 51% of the company should be owned by Nigerians)

How to Apply
Eligible individuals and companies are encouraged to apply by submitting an application online at www.techlaunchpad.com.ng/application

Deadline for submission[b][/b]

11:59pm on February 24th 2013

I have gone through the process of applying for the program. It is little confusing and really beg a lot of questions.
1. Is the program meant for only corporate bodies?
2. If that is so it should not be seeing as an empowerment program rather it should be called a collaborative venture between the organiser and the corporate body that is interested in a partnership program
3. However if it is meant for individuals to participate, it further raises a number of issues:
a) is the organiser assuming that the software to be offered is already developed or why the requirement to give a video demonstration of the end products. If a software application is already developed to that stage, why is the organiser asking the developer to come and participate again? is it to demonstrate the application for them to sell it off for him/her or to assist him/her in further development of the package?
b) the site also asked for the development team cvs etc; now, if it is a team does that mean there cannot be one man team
4. Is this program only for those who can write program or those that aspire to become software developers?
Pls can anybody provide some answers to these questions and enlighten us further
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 25, 2013
the application process has no place to upload the software. just some code sent to my email.
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by 8ightball: 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
webdezzi: the application process has no place to upload the software. just some code sent to my email.
What code was sent to your email?
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 11, 2013
called application reference code.
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by 8ightball: 11:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
webdezzi: called application reference code.
I did not receive any such thing oh
Re: Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
check ur spam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aspiring Data Scientist. / Please Which Programming Language Does Nigerian Institutions Use ? / Design A Module Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.