Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain (2178 Views)

African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / Syrian Refugees Resort To Hunger Strikes for family reunification In Denmark / Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by toskybrown(f): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hello NL, I am married to a finnish who has been residing in spain for a very long time.We got married last june, 2012.we went to the spanish embassy to. Know if I could leave with him and what documents we had to present to the spanish embassy in lagos.
Unfortunately we could not gather enough information from the lady we met at the reception and we asked if the embassy had a website were we could gather the information we needed but it turned out that they didn't have one.we were able to get more information from the security at the gate for some cash.
We were told to get all our documents certified at the ministry of foreign affairs in abuja and translate all the documents to spanish which should be done by a cerified translator in spain.
TO cut the story short the spanish embassy has been so unreliable,I have been sent back several times when ever I go there to submit my documents for legalization just because I have one document missing or the other.
This has been their fault right from day one because they have been unable to provide the neccessary information I needed.I was finally able to submit my documents on the 5th of october, 2012 and I was told to come back on the 5th of december,2012 I was there and I was told to come back again on the 20th of december that my documents were not ready.I was there again and they said I still need to give them a document then after that my papers wld be legalized.
I have given them the document they need and they said i would be called.This has been rather fustrating for my husband and I.He had written to the spanish embassy several times and even got a lawyer who said we shouldn't be going through this stress and that since am married to an EU citizen my visa should be granted to be me immediately so I can come to spain to process my resident permit.
NL I would want to know if this is actually true because we have been apart for a long time.I would want to hear from those would have gone through this experience and also appeciate opinions and suggestions too.Thank you all.
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by Naijalastborn(m): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
toskybrown: Hello NL, I am married to a finnish who has been residing in spain for a very long time.We got married last june, 2012.we went to the spanish embassy to. Know if I could leave with him and what documents we had to present to the spanish embassy in lagos.
Unfortunately we could not gather enough information from the lady we met at the reception and we asked if the embassy had a website were we could gather the information we needed but it turned out that they didn't have one.we were able to get more information from the security at the gate for some cash.
We were told to get all our documents certified at the ministry of foreign affairs in abuja and translate all the documents to spanish which should be done by a cerified translator in spain.
TO cut the story short the spanish embassy has been so unreliable,I have been sent back several times when ever I go there to submit my documents for legalization just because I have one document missing or the other.
This has been their fault right from day one because they have been unable to provide the neccessary information I needed.I was finally able to submit my documents on the 5th of october, 2012 and I was told to come back on the 5th of december,2012 I was there and I was told to come back again on the 20th of december that my documents were not ready.I was there again and they said I still need to give them a document then after that my papers wld be legalized.
I have given them the document they need and they said i would be called.This has been rather fustrating for my husband and I.He had written to the spanish embassy several times and even got a lawyer who said we shouldn't be going through this stress and that since am married to an EU citizen my visa should be granted to be me immediately so I can come to spain to process my resident permit.
NL I would want to know if this is actually true because we have been apart for a long time.I would want to hear from those would have gone through this experience and also appeciate opinions and suggestions too.Thank you all.

well you almost get to your Peak, Well my own advise is that since Spain Embassy is not reliable why can't you take your documents from them (if possible) then let your husband Take it to Spain for Legization.
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by toskybrown(f): 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ Naija lastborn I don't think its possible because all documents have to be legalized first by the embassy in the the home country of the applicant who is willing to join his or her spouse@
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by Naijalastborn(m): 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
Your own now, if you get the Documents legallised then you are good to go, for my own I've to Take Exam oo @ the embassy in which it will be conduct in Foreign Language and its almost for someone to pass it orelse no show for that person
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by toskybrown(f): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
@naija last born What kind of visa are you applying for?
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by Naijalastborn(m): 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
grin Same as yours
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by Dara216(f): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
I don't think the spanish embassy does language test for family reunion applicant....
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by Naijalastborn(m): 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
Dara216: I don't think the spanish embassy does language test for family reunion applicant....
well if spanish doenst dutch does
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by toskybrown(f): 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2013
Thanks a lot dara,nothing of such was mentioned to me.
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by Naijalastborn(m): 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
toskybrown: Thanks a lot dara,nothing of such was mentioned to me.
it might not be mention but I am sure Dutch will asked you to Take Exam @ their Embassy
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by kennybuda: 10:06am On Jan 11, 2013
Try finish embassy your husband your husband is finish citzen by birth he is just a spanish resident you have more privillage and rights in finish embassy than spanish. Finland is in shengen you can jion your husband from finland the paper work for your spanish resident permit will not be that much, as for spanish embassy in nigeria they got the highest level of burocracy you cant handle it cheers
toskybrown: Hello NL, I am married to a finnish who has been residing in spain for a very long time.We got married last june, 2012.we went to the spanish embassy to. Know if I could leave with him and what documents we had to present to the spanish embassy in lagos.

Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by Naijalastborn(m): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
kennybuda: Try finish embassy your husband your husband is finish citzen by birth he is just a spanish resident you have more privillage and rights in finish embassy than spanish. Finland is in shengen you can jion your husband from finland the paper work for your spanish resident permit will not be that much, as for spanish embassy in nigeria they got the highest level of burocracy you cant handle it cheers
thanks fro that pieces of Information, anything you can say about Netherlands Family reunion
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by toskybrown(f): 3:15am On Jan 12, 2013
Try finish embassy your husband your husband is finish citzen by birth he is just a spanish resident you have more privillage and rights in finish embassy than spanish. Finland is in shengen you can jion your husband from finland the paper work for your spanish resident permit will not be that much, as for spanish embassy in nigeria they got the highest level of burocracy you cant handle it cheers[/quote]
@kennybuda. I can't apply from finland because my husband resides in spain.ONe can only apply from the member state where the spouse u are planning to join resides.THe only thing I could do was legalize my marriage first with the finnish embassy in abuja which was one of the periqusite of the spanish embassy.
Re: Help On Family Reunification Visa For Spain by folarin7050: 8:43am On Jan 19, 2016
Hello NL,please I need someone to help out,have been married for over a year now and my husband is residencing in Spain. He has summitted the document for family reunification there and we are waiting for respond,pls I need to know what and what I need to start doing to make the process fast and favorable,because I once did the police character and now it as expiry while waiting.please what and what do I need and how do I go about it?have been to the spanish embassy before,i was not allow to go in because some guys stopped me outside and gave me some information,i dont want same thing to happen again,i want to go there prepared (go with the right document )have certify marriage certificate,done affidavit and birth certificate.pls and else do I need to go with,so as to get visa .

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of How Bad GRA Road In Bida Niger State Almost Destroy A Car / A Nigerian Actually Went To Complete The Visa Form To Eritrea?? (photos) / Top Ten Hardest Contries To Get Visa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.