Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating (10269 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Ghana Vs Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 - (2 - 0) On 2nd February 2013 / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by semid4lyfe(m): 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
honeric01:

It's very easy to know people who do not have any idea on what they're talking about from their comments, that's why i don't bother replying their post.

I also think we need to do something about our LB and RB, I believe Kenneth can really play that role (RB), as for LB, having just Taiwo as a replacement means we're in deep shit. Taiwo of today is no longer the Taiwo of 2005, hence the reason clubs are passing him around.

Does it mean that we don't have any good HB LB in our league? Echiejile is not that bad but very inconsistent.

Yeah, I agree Kenneth Omeruo will do well at right back and really stabilize that position. He's done well @ that position in his two games for the Eagles.

At the 2010 AFCON, Echiejile was a better defender than T.Taiwo and even benched him after our opening match against Egypt but since then he's been poo in the Green-White-Green. Always clueless, indecisive & hesitant, poor tackling techniques, easily dribbled, lack of pace. . .defensively & offensively he's also zero. At least T.T had pace, was a goal threat with his explosive shot, was an option for free kick & sure bet for PK angry

Me thinks something drastic needs to be done to fill some positions in the Eagles like the left-back after the AFCON. . . .maybe a special open screening exercise to find a good & reliable fit. We've been through so many players from Mutiu Adegoke, Valentine Nwabili, Juwon Oshaniwon and they all do not inspire confidence.

Also, keep it in mind that most teams have natural right-footed players and will most likely attack through that wing. Na only God go help us for SA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by elampiro(m): 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
vanstanzy: For me, Mikel Obis' performance was the most dismal of the night. Couldn't hold the midfield and so couldn't inspire confidence in our players. Forget the team captain, No 10 is the soul of every team.

Mikel didn't for once do anything spectacular. He took corner kicks and the kicks didn't have power in them, like the ball suspending in the air temporary. He slowed the game on a number of occasion and as usual passed the ball backwards even when he could advance with it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
Nigeria is a team of average ,ordinary and over rated players.
We can not continue to live on past glory.
The days of glory are over.The sooner we realise this the better for us.
Amodu Shaibu,Berti Vogts,Karls Lagerback, and Samson Siasia amongst others have all failed with these crop of average players. they can not all be bad coaches. A coach can only work with what hes got. i am sorry but I expect Keshi to fail too.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by semid4lyfe(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
Jarus: Still on Dike, I honestly don't know what Ejike is doing on that list. Na by force to include a home based if we don't have quality ones. Dike is better than Ejike and Keshi included Ejike ahead of Dike only to be seen as developing home-based. To me, Gabriel Reuben, Agbim and Oboabona are the only homebased that have business in that team.

The selection of some of the home-based players in the final list bordered on sentiment & blackmail. . .plain and simple!

Keshi was on record to have said that all teams that have won the World Cup had done so with predominantly home-based players and he had promised that a couple of them will make the final team and he couldn't go back on his words.

By the way, I disagree with you. If there's any home-based player that is most undeserving of a place in the final list, it has to be Henry Uche.

Ejike Uzoenyi played well during the qualifiers and it was only in our last two games that he's hasn't measured up. He's a good player, he's just lost a little form. Form is temporary, class is permanent
!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by elampiro(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2013
semid4lyfe:

He's already moved from Celtic and signed for another Scottish Premier league side, Kilmarnock FC and he's been promised regular playing time there.

I also have had high hopes for him but if he's that good, then why hasn't he been able to break into the fist team of all the clubs he's signed for?

Away from Rabiu, I really wish Bright Dike had made the final 23-man list. HE DESERVED TO BE ON THE LIST.

Dike didn't do well against Catalonia. The only highlight was the goal. May be he will come into Eagles in the future.

The guys that played midfield against Catalonia should be considered for first 11. They held the ball really well that day.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by honeric01(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Yeah, I agree Kenneth Omeruo will do well at right back and really stabilize that position. He's done well @ that position in his two games for the Eagles.

At the 2010 AFCON, Echiejile was a better defender than T.Taiwo and even benched him after our opening match against Egypt but since then he's been poo in the Green-White-Green. Always clueless, indecisive & hesitant, poor tackling techniques, easily dribbled, lack of pace. . .defensively & offensively he's also zero. At least T.T had pace, was a goal threat with his explosive shot, was an option for free kick & sure bet for PK angry

Me thinks something drastic needs to be done to fill some positions in the Eagles like the left-back after the AFCON. . . .maybe a special open screening exercise to find a good & reliable fit. We've been through so many players from Mutiu Adegoke, Valentine Nwabili, Juwon Oshaniwon and they all do not inspire confidence.

Also, keep it in mind that most teams have natural right-footed players and will most likely attack through that wing. Na only God go help us for SA.

you mean opposing 7 attacking our 3 right?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by vanstanzy(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2013
elampiro:

Mikel didn't for once do anything spectacular. He took corner kicks and the kicks didn't have power in them, like the ball suspending in the air temporary. He slowed the game on a number of occasion and as usual passed the ball backwards even when he could advance with it.

Right! We miss Jay Jay Okocha seriously. But wait o, does it mean combing the entire streets of Lagos alone a Jay Jay or even better cannot be found? Combing the entire Nigeria should be able to produce more than 100 Jay Jay's. Na wa o, these our coaches sef lazy. I know i can't do it, but they are supposed to be professionals in this area, this is what they are paid to do.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by elampiro(m): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
The overall team cohesion and play can be highly improved upon. Some of the players just arrived camp and it is not unlikely that fatigue affected them. Moses played for Chelsea few days back. We should not look at Cape Verde as such a minor, they eliminated Cameroun. They are also very physical and athletic like the Senegalese team of 2002.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by quicksylva(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
Worse performer, Efe Ambruse: 1.0. Shaky in defense and almost cause us a goal.

We don't have a team, No tactics, We can't even complete 5 successful pass.

If the Super Chicken survive group stage, The NFF should go for thanks giving.

A BIG If..... Zambia and Burkina Faso go show una pepper.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by semid4lyfe(m): 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
elampiro:

Dike didn't do well against Catalonia. The only highlight was the goal. May be he will come into Eagles in the future.

The guys that played midfield against Catalonia should be considered for first 11. They held the ball really well that day.

Bros, how you dey watch your own ball sef? Bright Dike did not do well against Catalonia? shocked Are you ph.uckin' kidding me. . . .

Bright Dike was one of the best players in the 2 games he featured for the Eagles

You rate a player for his qualities and what he does with and off the ball in matches.

He's a power forward & has pace. He packs a powerful shot in both legs and is an aerial threat. Positional play, off the ball movement etc were quite good too.

Against Catalonia, he ran and closed down the spaces between the Opponents Centre backs and made their build up from the back slower, he dropped deep into our half to collect passes and was the only one with the confidence to hold the ball in the 1st half

His transitional play from defence to attack in that match that resulted in the goal was awesome too. Watch the goal. . . he collected the ball in our 18-box, passed it to Onazi, ran forward without the ball into position (watch the replay. . .2 players dropped back and stopped running when Onazi collected the ball) and when Onazi passed the ball to him at the edge of the box, he still had the presence of mind to side-step a defender coming from his "blind side" and bury the shot with his left leg at the back of the net.

No talk am again, Bright Dike did well against Catalonia!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by semid4lyfe(m): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
honeric01:

you mean opposing 7 attacking our 3 right?

Yeap!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by honeric01(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Yeap!

Well with a 4 3 3 formation, the midfield should help out the SBs.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by otipoju(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
vanstanzy: For me, Mikel Obis' performance was the most dismal of the night. Couldn't hold the midfield and so couldn't inspire confidence in our players. Forget the team captain, No 10 is the soul of every team.
na lie. If u ever trained as a football player, you go know sey na defensive midfield(4) na him be the most vital. If team no get beta 4 the house will fall like a pack of cards.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by zynzyn(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
When will Nigerians learn??!!

The (apparent) quality of your game depends on the caliber and MENTALITY of who you play against.

People are overrating our performance against Catalonia.

Catalonia, despite their top stars, are not a competitive team, until Catalan nationhood becomes a reality (and if)!

The Catalans scored the first goal and then were just content to contain the super eagles. They had nothing to prove by winning! Cape Verde on the other hand, actually wanted to win the game to reassure fans and build their confidence.

The Cape Verde game is the first serious friendly the super eagles are playing!!

NIGERIAN COACHES: ALWAYS PLAY FRIENDLIES AGAINST TEAMS THAT BADLY WANT TO (AND CAN) WIN: This is the only way a friendly will show weak spots that need working on!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by jude33084(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
honeric01:

Yes i know he's with Kilmarnock, but with the kind of player he is, he would have developed well in Spain and not in a place like Scotland.

Yes, Dike is more precise than Emenike, i just don't know why Keshi went for the latter and not the former.

Dike refuse to pay " coach allow me" fee. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by zynzyn(m): 2:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Keshi has decided to go to AFCON 2013 without the following players:

1. Obafemi Martins: Nigeria's best all out striker since 2006 and still firing!

2. Peter Odemwingie: Nigeria's best performing winger/supporting striker since 2004 [and still firing!]

3. Taiye Taiwo: Nigeria's best attacking wing back since 2006 [and still firing!]

4. Michael Eneramo: Great Proven Striker for Nigeria discovered by Shuaib Amodu![and still firing!]

This is for a footballing nation with attack as it's major strength

Keshi's team has only one striker that has been consistent in competitive matches for Nigeria!!

I wish him some sort of miracle! [not impossible o!]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by modextus(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=bong4]As much as i was not satisfied with the playerspeformance yesterday (which i feel they did on purpose), we should avoid calling them useless and other names cos they are humans and playing football is not as easy as running commentaries with our mouth. The coach knows why he chose them. Just don't watch Nigeria matches with all your heart and of course expect little or nothing.i fear for our team seriously.i agree wid wah u said.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by honeric01(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
zynzyn: Keshi has decided to go to AFCON 2013 without the following players:

2. Peter Odemwingie: Nigeria's best performing winger/supporting striker since 2004 [and still firing!]

3. Taiye Taiwo: Nigeria's best attacking wing back since 2006 [and still firing!]

4. Michael Eneramo: Great Proven Striker for Nigeria discovered by Shuaib Amodu![and still firing!]

Keshi's team has only one striker that has been consistent in competitive matches for Nigeria!!

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Bros, how you dey watch your own ball sef? Bright Dike did not do well against Catalonia? shocked Are you ph.uckin' kidding me. . . .

Bright Dike was one of the best players in the 2 games he featured for the Eagles

You rate a player for his qualities and what he does with and off the ball in matches.

He's a power forward & has pace. He packs a powerful shot in both legs and is an aerial threat. Positional play, off the ball movement etc were quite good too.

Against Catalonia, he ran and closed down the spaces between the Opponents Centre backs and made their build up from the back slower, he dropped deep into our half to collect passes and was the only one with the confidence to hold the ball in the 1st half

His transitional play from defence to attack in that match that resulted in the goal was awesome too. Watch the goal. . . he collected the ball in our 18-box, passed it to Onazi, ran forward without the ball into position (watch the replay. . .2 players dropped back and stopped running when Onazi collected the ball) and when Onazi passed the ball to him at the edge of the box, he still had the presence of mind to side-step a defender coming from his "blind side" and bury the shot with his left leg at the back of the net.

No talk am again, Bright Dike did well against Catalonia!

As soon as he scored, he was taken off so that he won't spoil market for the players on the NFF list.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by godman01(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
Their performance wasn't impressive, however, with the inclusion of some home based players, they can do better.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Chanchit: 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=Jarus]1, Ejide: Made a couple of good saves, even though it was more of bad finishing from the Cape Verdean strikers. Later had muscle pull. 3

2, Yobo: Brought experience to bear on a couple of occasions, also stopped ball a couple of times, but he should have done better. Having played at big clubs and world stage, can't believe he was part of defence that was overrun several times by the CV forwards 4

3, Oshaniwa: Below average. Not spectacular in the back. Routed by CV attackers.4

4, Echiejile: I still don't know why Keshi picked this guy ahead of Taiye Taiwo. Even if TT is useless in defending, he adds bite to attack. Echiejile is both useless in defending and making attacking runs to assist the left winger. Yesterday was no different. Gave the ball away many times. Coudlnt stop the CV guys meandering through our defence. Poor passes and finishing too 0

5, Onazi : Bad game for Eagles yesternight. Not the Onazi we knew. Made our midfield so porous while the CV had a field day, especially in first half. Gave ball away so unprofessionally. Did little in second half 1

6, Mikel : The only average performer in Eagles midfield before Igiebor came on board. Didn't do much in first half as CV overran our midfield but did a yeoman job in second half, having goal attempt as well as distributing passes although the guys at the other couldn't catch up with the passes for most time 4

7, Ogude : Lost in a midfield overrun by the CV 1.5

8, Musa : a couple of moves on the flanks but poor final ball 2.5

9, Moses : below average capped with unnecessary kick of opponent when he became frustrated 2.5 for moses I reserve my comment.

10, Emenike : average performance, especially on the wings, tried to push in several times, not selfish though 5

11, Oboabona : our best defender of the night, tried in stopping the onslaught of the CV attackers, but water pass garri 6

SUBS

1, Igiebor : easily the man of the match, came in and stabilized the midfield, making second half a lot better 7 this is d only creative mid-fielder we have in that team.

2, Ideye : Introduced in second half but couldn't do anything spectacular 4 this guy dey make ma fear o, i dnt knw when he's planning to come to the party

3, IK Uche : made a couple of efforts when he came in, but wasn't able to penetrate 5

4, Enyeama : Not tested like Ejide but still inspired confidence 2 afterall he was not tested

5, Omeruo : good game for him, even as a defender, pushed forward and had a goal attempt. Also charged forward 6
I also agree.
And for AMBROSE EFE -8 the guy is d worse performer of the night.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by honeric01(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=Chanchit][/quote]

And is this rating? how can someone have -8?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by blackbeau1(f): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
the entire nigerian players and team rate 0 in my humble opinion
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Reference(m): 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
I have watched the Nigerian team long enough not to rate their tournament chances based on these uncoordinated, meaningless friendlies that neither players nor their handlers are interested in.

It is in our blood never to take preparation seriously. Why will they want to overrun CV. What was the benefit to be.

When the tournament proper starts you will see stuttering performance which will give way to better play as we reach the semi's. After that its anyone's cup, to the team with the greatest desire.

We will do well. We may not win it but it will not be for want of trying. Just those silly blunders Nigerian teams are prone to.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by DatIgboboy(m): 5:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
They are lucky no be goal.com rate them, all of them for get 1.1. With that kind of performance.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
In d group stage of the AFCON, Keshi should deploy a 4-3-3 formation. This would allow both Moses and Musa to penetrate in behind the opposition's defense if they (opponent) decide to park the bus, and they will.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Smooyis(m): 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
[b][/b] I think the coach should talk to d players to up their games in d final matches at d competition. I believe they can do better than that in a competitive game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by manuch(m): 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
ITS FUNNY WHEN PEOPLE SHOUT FOR OLD GUARD WHEN THERE IS NEW GUARD . AND NEW GUARD WHEN THE OLD GUARD FUMBLE
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by kannymoore(m): 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
Well..., i've gone through the various comments and of course Nairalanders didnt dissappoint...with many silly comments from ppl who either havent been following the progress of the team's (pre- faro camping) experience till yesterday or they didnt even watch the match at all but logged into the forum, read the first three comments and decided to yarn okpaks as always.

Anyway sha, from what i saw yesterday, i think the main "gbese" should fall on Keshi's head. The time he should have used creating team chemistry and formulating strategies durin the qualifiers, he was busy trying to market his "home-based-is-better-than-foreign-based" philosophy. In the end.. Whats the result? Less than 7 home based eagles finally made the list in a squad of 23! So ask una self.., how well would the eagles blend especially When we know that more than 70% of the foreign players havent played more than 3matches together at the same time!?

So from what i saw yesterday, keshi had his work cut out to do!... Our passing and ball retention techniques were awful..ditto our ability to make runs into space to recieve passes. Also, he really needs to drill these guys on our defence-to-attack transistion cos our build-up was absymally poor.
All-in-all.., i no go too blame the boys cos those cape verde players were very mobile and were marking our boys 2-to-1 immediately they lost possession of the ball thereby cutting off our passing channels and making our boys resort to square balls and back passes.

Choi!...i don too yarn. Make i go siddon for fence.

Super Eagles till I die!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Ninilowo(m): 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
bong4: As much as i was not satisfied with the playerspeformance yesterday (which i feel they did on purpose), we should avoid calling them useless and other names cos they are humans and playing football is not as easy as running commentaries with our mouth. The coach knows why he chose them. Just don't watch Nigeria matches with all your heart and of course expect little or nothing.

Beeni!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by youi: 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2013

ZYNZYN I thought, these pple u a mentioning a still firing when they can't qualifiend us 4 Afcon 2011.I beg Mr Zynzyn still firing go sit down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yohan Blake Beats Usain Bolt In Jamaican 100M Olympic Trials / How I Risk N300 To Make N2300 In 3 Days / Oshoala Scores And Ohale Scores An Own Goal As Barcelona Beat Alaves 4-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.