Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,240 members, 7,953,908 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:41 AM

Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure (941 Views)

With Your Gut Instincts About What Will Or Won't Make The Audio Getting. / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Is It True That It Can't Be Cured? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by Unluvable(f): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2013
Occasionally News of a new incurable disease springs forth launching people into despair. New Organizations, research institutes, Ngo's rise up to this effect. Years upon years of research leads to more research instead of a cure. Diseases like Ebola, Influenza, Jakob disease, Diabetes, HIV/AIDS, Asthma, Cancer, Common cold are on the lose while researchers are wearing their white lap coat and gloves for decades.
I can't help but wonder is the 'cure' being hoarded, could it be that there's more profit in 'PREVENTION' than in 'CURE'. Is it an unending battle between researchers and pharmaceutical companies? What will happen to the 51 existing organizations dedicated to cancer if cancer is finally wiped out What will happen to pharmaceuticals producing insulin if diabetics is cured? Could it be that there are some high class of individuals sitting on a revolving chair, shuffling through the list of diseases to be cured and the ones to be managed....
Highly controversial, no doubt but I could not help but think out loud especially after the recent news of a Nigerian Prof toying with the idea of curing HIV/AIDS. I can't help but wonder about his fate if he decides to pursue this course blindly...

1 Like

Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by Unluvable(f): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2013
Don't just view the topic..drop your opinion cool
Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2013
I don't think it's an issue of hoarding the cure. Researches,especially when it has to do with human health,takes years to arrive at the desire outcome. Remember years back humans were indiscrimately used as research specimens for drugs. But the modern age doesn't permit such except at the clinical trial stage. Rats and other animals are now used as lab experimental specimens. You and i know that there are disparities in disease manifestations in these animals and humans. So animal studies do not predict with sufficient certainty the effect of the research results when tried on humans.

However,Alot of advances have be made in management of those listed diseases especially in breast cancer,cervical cancer and Hiv/aids. Just like i said earlier it takes time. Remember there was an era of small pox,there was also devastating period of polio what about guinea worm,leprosy,yellow fever...do you know misreable hepatis,tetanus,diphteria would have made us if not for vaccines. In future you might hear less of malaria.

Some of these diseases have other factors that are perpetuating them. For instance malaria,if we can keep our environment clean the incidence/prevalence of malaria will reduce drastically. We will have less of most cancers if we can go back to our old diets,and create less ionizing rays around us.

Another thing is the issue of morals. Certain researches cant be carried out because they are considered to be against moral or religous beliefs. For instance,stem cell research holds alot of great potentials. But scientists are not going into because in some countries it's considered not only morally wrong buh also illegal.

Disease will always be among us, unless we join God when he is forming babies in womb,...unless we can stop ageing,...unless we can make the earth to become heaven. So health professionals can't be jobless.

Anyway,who says you can't go into research and probably give us the cure for 'almight' AIDS... grin buh remember me when you become a millionaire cool
Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by Unluvable(f): 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
grin that's if they'll let me live to share the millions. What really made me think that there are some underlying factors can influence the profound cure to diseases is the case of 'Flouride' being propagated as something beneficial to the teeth!! A toothpaste that contains fluoride and has a tag saying 'clinically approved' is one medical irony that needs to be straighten out...
Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
I strongly believe that the profit motive is the root cause of many of our problems today. Avarice.
Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by Unluvable(f): 11:05am On Jan 13, 2013
So do you think there are some medical politics going on because of wanting to 'maximize profit'?
Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
Yes. I may be wrong, but that's my analysis. I could point long fingers at some fortune500 companies as the ''masters of the game''. They practically rule the world. Money moves, and they always find a way to move with it. Seamlessly. Shamelessly.
Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by yuzedo: 10:13am On Feb 26, 2013
Both your threads show undisguised intelligence and depth. I'm impressed by your display of common and uncommon sense. Cheers! smiley

P.s. It is a Won't Cure situation. Big Pharmaceuticals are the real anti-christ, profiteering off people's pains. Those people are unscrupulous.. Siphoning money under the aegis of "research". Research for what? And invent different diseases so as to market vaccines and cures.

Wonder why the two biggest drug manufacturers have a market cap ten times the size of the remaining eight biggest companies in the top 10. There is a great conspiracy we aren't to i tellya. We can only speculate and pray.
Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by Unluvable(f): 1:34am On Feb 27, 2013
yuzedo: Both your threads show undisguised intelligence and depth. I'm impressed by your display of common and uncommon sense. Cheers! smiley

P.s. It is a Won't Cure situation. Big Pharmaceuticals are the real anti-christ, profiteering off people's pains. Those people are unscrupulous.. Siphoning money under the aegis of "research". Research for what? And invent different diseases so as to market vaccines and cures.

Wonder why the two biggest drug manufacturers have a market cap ten times the size of the remaining eight biggest companies in the top 10. There is a great conspiracy we aren't to i tellya. We can only speculate and pray.

We live in a damn scary world!! Thanks for the nice words, your a deep thinker too, and its so refreshing when I see people that look beyond the surface cool
Re: Is It Can't Cure Or Won't Cure by janedoe(f): 3:15am On Feb 28, 2013
@ OP, these "legal drug dealers" sure did learn one thing from their illegal drug dealing counterparts: The $$$$ is in the come back,so why cure when you can be on a treatment plan? or manage wink

(1) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Live Millipede / What Are The White Spots On My Nails? / Benefits You Never Knew Of Eating Banana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.