Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,894 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game (1534 Views)

Which Among These Android Games Is Your Most Favorite? (Graphic Photos) / Favorite Video Games / What Are Your Video Game Weird Habits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by Jakeattah(m): 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
what is your top 3 all time favorite video game you have played on any console or pc?
Mine will be
1. God of war franchise on PSP, PS2 and PS3
2. Max Payne on PC
3. Mortal Kombat on SEGA

There are a lot on my mind but these three ring in my head the most. What are yours?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by usermane(m): 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
I cant say, u got 2 have played several games before u compare and contrast to get your choice. But nevertheless,from my small library of games, just these 2 really stand out clearly ahead of the rest.
1.Resident Evil 4. 2005 GOTY get my first vote here.
Racoon city police agent leon is on an unbelievably horrific rescue mission for U.S president daughter Ashley Graham but he soon learn he has more than a damsel in distress to cater for.
A Beautiful,superb graphical animation complemented by a revolutionary over the shoulder third person shooting view style, so intense to keep u at d edge of ur seat throughout is no less than the icing on the cake for me.
2.God Of War 2.
The god of war Kratos,a fierce,vengeful baddass antihero undeservedly betrayed by the same gods that raised him to bcome their kind equip himself with blades, hacking and slashing beast,beings,titans on his way down on a lengthy, determined quest pivoted by massive rage but satiable only by shearing to bloody pieces, Zeus the king of the gods and ruler of olympus.
Honorable mention
Metal Gear solid 3.
MK: Armageddon
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Tomb raider franchise
Dino crises 1n2 (wateva happened to d franchise sef,it was a dope game)
Street fighter 1 til latest
Cod franchise
Gow franchise
Splinter cell games
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by YoshiMaster: 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
The whole tekken series is like the craziest series ever!

k, lemme tone it down a bit, lol. Tekken is just a masterpiece, I mean over 100+ moves per character keeps your opponent guessing, its almost like ur playing chess and one wrong move = check, two wrong moves = check mate.

EPIC!
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by usermane(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
The whole tekken series is like the craziest series ever!

k, lemme tone it down a bit, lol. Tekken is just a masterpiece, I mean over 100+ moves per character keeps your opponent guessing, its almost like ur playing chess and one wrong move = check, two wrong moves = check mate.

EPIC!
Tekken? The only thing i love about it is the beautiful graphics. I have played tekken 4 and 5 and they really fail to deliver the thrill and coolness that Mortal kombat have. Evn d storyline is too shallow for my liking.
Dont tell me fighting games dont need a damn good story, they do, even racing games have good stories.
I havent seen the ps3 versions yet but then u were praising the whole series which i cant stand after playing 4 and 5.
Tekken is ok for kids, and maybe adults who want a little tease, not for guys that clamour for intense gaming experience.
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by YoshiMaster: 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
usermane:
Tekken? The only thing i love about it is the beautiful graphics. I have played tekken 4 and 5 and they really fail to deliver the thrill and coolness that Mortal kombat have. Evn d storyline is too shallow for my liking.
Dont tell me fighting games dont need a damn good story, they do, even racing games have good stories.
I havent seen the ps3 versions yet but then u were praising the whole series which i cant stand after playing 4 and 5.
Tekken is ok for kids, and maybe adults who want a little tease, not for guys that clamour for intense gaming experience.

Yes MK is cool, yes MK has a cool storyline, and yes the tekken storyline does lack a little depth, honestly I do not even know half their stories. On the contrary I am sure that most people know and love the MK storyline and can spew character facts for days.

Bottom line though is that it all comes down to the fighting and fighting engine, which I believe is much better on the tekken series than Mk series.

You have to love game engines that afford the user multiple or seemingly endless scenarios, i.e GTA letting you explore and do whatever, same with Batman and so on. The tekken series possesses a fighting engine that is way above that of MK, actually not even in the same league.

If subzero had say at least 20 diff moves, then I would understand, but its like freeze here, there, and oh up there, and thats it, where as Marshall Law for instance could kick you low, fake kick, fake kick to real kick, fake kick to grab, basically almost every combination available. Common any true fighting fan would have to appreciate THAT LEVEL OF FIGHTING DEPTH.
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by usermane(m): 12:35am On Jan 24, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Yes MK is cool, yes MK has a cool storyline, and yes the tekken storyline does lack a little depth, honestly I do not even know half their stories. On the contrary I am sure that most people know and love the MK storyline and can spew character facts for days.

Bottom line though is that it all comes down to the fighting and fighting engine, which I believe is much better on the tekken series than Mk series.

You have to love game engines that afford the user multiple or seemingly endless scenarios, i.e GTA letting you explore and do whatever, same with Batman and so on. The tekken series possesses a fighting engine that is way above that of MK, actually not even in the same league.

If subzero had say at least 20 diff moves, then I would understand, but its like freeze here, there, and oh up there, and thats it, where as Marshall Law for instance could kick you low, fake kick, fake kick to real kick, fake kick to grab, basically almost every combination available. Common any true fighting fan would have to appreciate THAT LEVEL OF FIGHTING DEPTH.
I told u i played tekken 4 and 5. The game was very cheap and i beat the arcade mode quite easily. U will understand that beating the arcade mode is really hard for MK not to talk of lengthy konquest mode. A lot of gamers complain Mk lost track in Ps2 era but we all know this isnt completely true. Deception and armageddon introduced obstacles, variety of fighting styles for each fighter,weapons and evn the awesome air combat. How about Mk 2011? Mayb u v seen it b4. Like i said, am rating tekken franchise with tekken 4 and 5. Which mean u can prove my rating wrong by highlighting more positive details in gameplay or story of later tekken games just like i have done with Mk.
And tekken fighting engine isnt as realistic as MK 's mayb u should closely inspect Mk vs dc or mk2011.
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by SAFO(m): 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
1. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time (Nintendo 64)
2. GTA San Andreas (ps2)
3. Contra III (snes) (Left, right, left, right, up, down, up down, A, B, A, B, start grin)
Few others

Shadowrun (snes) - the story of Jake Armitage in a cyber futuristic vampire slaying world. Been a while since I played it but this is definitely a classic.

MVP 05 (ps2) - arguably the best baseball game ever made. You can play and develop prospects from minor league affiliates and the franchise mode is ridiculously in depth. You can even set prices for concessions like hot dogs and beers

Midnight Club 3 Dub edition (ps2)- one of the best arcade racers ever with insane car customizations.
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by YoshiMaster: 2:07am On Jan 25, 2013
usermane:
I told u i played tekken 4 and 5. The game was very cheap and i beat the arcade mode quite easily. U will understand that beating the arcade mode is really hard for MK not to talk of lengthy konquest mode. A lot of gamers complain Mk lost track in Ps2 era but we all know this isnt completely true. Deception and armageddon introduced obstacles, variety of fighting styles for each fighter,weapons and evn the awesome air combat. How about Mk 2011? Mayb u v seen it b4. Like i said, am rating tekken franchise with tekken 4 and 5. Which mean u can prove my rating wrong by highlighting more positive details in gameplay or story of later tekken games just like i have done with Mk.
And tekken fighting engine isnt as realistic as MK 's mayb u should closely inspect Mk vs dc or mk2011.

Deception was nice though, aint gonna lie. I will look into newer MK titles to see if there've been any updates.
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by Junior360(m): 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
Street fighter (fighting games), Resident evil (horror), No idea on the third. Too hard to choose from.
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by Jakeattah(m): 11:35am On Jan 27, 2013
Junior360: Street fighter (fighting games), Resident evil (horror), No idea on the third. Too hard to choose from.
Mehn, of all the games avaiable surely you must be able to choose a third
Re: What Is Your Top 3 All Time Favorite Video Game by bernharddare257: 7:09am On Oct 31, 2023
my Favorite video game wobbly life

"Wobbly Life" is a sandbox-style video game that can be played in cooperative multiplayer mode. The main objective of the game is to provide a fun and entertaining gameplay experience. In the game, you control a wobbly character whose movement and interactions are designed to be hilarious and comical.

In "Wobbly Life," you can engage in various activities and complete challenges. You can drive vehicles, go shopping, play mini-games, and work together with friends to solve various tasks. The game's graphical style is cartoonish, which complements its quirky and entertaining gameplay.

Overall, "Wobbly Life" offers a casual gaming experience where you can have a good time with your friends. The game is centered around social interaction and humor, providing players with laughs and a chance to have a great time. you can check for more details https://wobblylife-hub.com/wobbly

(1) (Reply)

Hacked Ps3 For Sale (pic) / Pes 2017 Help Needed / How Will Nintendo’s Switch Fare In The Console Wars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.