Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Super Eagles Kenneth Omeruo Set To Join Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Kenneth Omeruo Set To Join Chelsea (1212 Views)

Kenneth Omeruo And Super Falcons Star, Asisat Oshoala Spotted Together In UK / Super Eagles Defender Kenneth Omeruo Acquires 2014 Range Rover [see Photo] / Chelsea Set To Sign Nigerian U20 Defender Kenneth Omeruo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Kenneth Omeruo Set To Join Chelsea by wesley80(m): 6:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
Representatives of Kenneth Omeruo have told MTNFootball.com that the Nigeria defender is “95% close to joining up with Chelsea”. Omeruo has made the final 23-man Nigeria squad for this month’s Africa Cup of Nations after he only made his full international debut against Catalonia this month. “Chelsea want the player to end his loan spell at ADO Den Haag and we are going to have several meetings in this respect,” one of the representatives of the defender informed. “Right now there are discussions to have a meeting in South Africa during the Nations Cup.” One of the issues that need to be ironed out is whether he should move to Stamford Bridge immediately during this winter transfer or wait till the closed season in the summer. He has signed an initial 18-month loan deal at Den Haag, which will be up at the end of this season. MTNFootball.com has specially gathered that top officials of Chelsea have already booked into the Nelspruit base of the Eagles. Mikel Obi and Victor Moses are the other Chelsea players on the Eagles squad to the Nations Cup. Nineteen-year-old Omeruo, who has been capped by Nigeria at U17 and U20 levels, is in his second season on loan with Den Haag from Chelsea. A central defender, he has established himself at right back at Den Haag. In the summer, he missed out on going on pre- season training tour of the United States of America because he could not process his entry visas in time. This month, he made two assured appearances for the Eagles both as a substitute against Catalonia and Cape Verde. He would now have pushed for a first-team place ahead of Celtic ace Efe Ambrose.
mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/african-cup-of-nations/news/2013/jan/11-kenneth-omeruo-95-set-for-chelsea.html
Re: Super Eagles Kenneth Omeruo Set To Join Chelsea by wesley80(m): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
Who plays Chelsea's RB sef? Hope he stands a chance. Goodone for the young lad however it is.
Re: Super Eagles Kenneth Omeruo Set To Join Chelsea by Afam4eva(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
I just hope they don't turn him to a keeper or even a ball boy. I wish him the best at my most hated club.

Why does his name sound familiar though.
Re: Super Eagles Kenneth Omeruo Set To Join Chelsea by Thok(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
Omeruo, i know sey 1 day, u go make me proud. ...
Re: Super Eagles Kenneth Omeruo Set To Join Chelsea by wesley80(m): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
afam4eva: I just hope they don't turn him to a keeper or even a ball boy. I wish him the best at my most hated club.

Why does his name sound familiar though.
He's not related to the late Air Comm. Emeka Omerua if that's what made him sound familiar.

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Cried As Newcastle United Give Them What They Deserve..(photo) / Watch Race & See Photos Of Blessing Okagbare Winning 100m African Title! / CAN 2015 - LIVE : Tunisia - Senegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.