Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

Pls Help Me Out - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls Help Me Out (1114 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
Pls help me out.I Want to compute a program on CGPA in c++ language.
The program should consist of the Grade,Scores,G.P and the cgpa in 100L and 200L.Pls is important
Re: Pls Help Me Out by lordZOUGA(m): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
which language is C+? undecided
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
C+ is a high level language.It can also be refer to as C language
Re: Pls Help Me Out by lordZOUGA(m): 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rayjaymay: C+ is a high level language.It can also be refer to as C language
wow, okay.. have you attempted to write the code to solve this problem in the C+ language?
Re: Pls Help Me Out by PrinceNN(m): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
lordZOUGA:
wow, okay.. have you attempted to write the code to solve this problem in the C+ language?
Lmao
..u wicked sha
Re: Pls Help Me Out by lordZOUGA(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:

Lmao
..u wicked sha
am only trying to see if he is really interested in being helped
Re: Pls Help Me Out by spikesC(m): 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
na wa to una ooo, oga RayJayMay, it is C++ not C+
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
spikes C: na wa to una ooo, oga RayJayMay, it is C++ not C+
thanks man 4 correcting that
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
thanks man 4 correcting that wink
thanks man 4 correcting that
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
lordZOUGA:
I tried using the array method but i didnt get it
Re: Pls Help Me Out by lordZOUGA(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rayjaymay: I tried using the array method but i didnt get it
you can't use an array for this kind of program because the size is fixed. what happens when the number of students in 100L gets bigger than the size your program specified?
do you know about OOP(object oriented programming)?
Re: Pls Help Me Out by expertfingers(m): 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rayjaymay: I tried using the array method but i didnt get it

Why don't you start by writing the algorithm?
Re: Pls Help Me Out by ciphoenix: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
First Question. Learning for fun, Or in school? Certain concepts need to be understood first
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Nov1ce(m): 7:55am On Jan 13, 2013
expertfingers:

Why don't you start by writing the algorithm?
Yeah!
@OP You should definitely start there, cause whichever data structure you will use will be determined by your algorithm.
The code itself will be a piece of cake once you have a working algorithm...
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 11:47am On Jan 13, 2013
ciphoenix: First Question. Learning for fun, Or in school? Certain concepts need to be understood first
Its 4 school
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 11:49am On Jan 13, 2013
Nov1ce:
Yeah!
@OP You should definitely start there, cause whichever data structure you will use will be determined by your algorithm.
The code itself will be a piece of cake once you have a working algorithm...
So how will i start by using the algorithm
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2013
lordZOUGA:
you can't use an array for this kind of program because the size is fixed. what happens when the number of students in 100L gets bigger than the size your program specified?
do you know about OOP(object oriented programming)?
i dnt understand anything about that
Re: Pls Help Me Out by lordZOUGA(m): 11:54am On Jan 13, 2013
Rayjaymay: i dnt understand anything about that
then you have to go and learn it
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
lordZOUGA:
then you have to go and learn it
is it the only solution
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Nov1ce(m): 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
Rayjaymay: So how will i start by using the algorithm
Just take a sheet of paper and write a step by step process of the way the program will compute from input to the desired result...
Do that and put it here, we'll continue from there!
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
ciphoenix: First Question. Learning for fun, Or in school? Certain concepts need to be understood first
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Rayjaymay(m): 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
Nov1ce:
Just take a sheet of paper and write a step by step process of the way the program will compute from input to the desired result...
Do that and put it here, we'll continue from there!
kk
Re: Pls Help Me Out by ciphoenix: 11:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
You should've been taught data structures and algorithms. Look for books though.
Re: Pls Help Me Out by naijaswag1: 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
Rayjaymay: Pls help me out.I Want to compute a program on CGPA in c++ language.
The program should consist of the Grade,Scores,G.P and the cgpa in 100L and 200L.Pls is important

Firstly, are you computing a program or trying to write one.

I want to believe that you have taken a course on C++. Whether you have grasped the language or not is not the issue, what you need now is to use it and solve a problem and for me I believe that you can learn through this process.

The first thing you should do is to model the problem you have. In Java, you can have a class to represent each Students result and this class can have score, subject and grade etc as it's field. The computation of student's results in the University don't differ over rge years so the same program will do for the 100 and 200L. In some cases the GP contribution of the years differ in percentages. You have to take those into account.

class StudentResult {
private String studentName;
private String studentLevel;
private int studentScore;
private String studentGrade;

private List<Double> listOfGps;

//constructor and getter and setter classes
}

You can now have a Class that has methods for calculating GP and CGPA respectively.

class GradesCalculator {

public double CalGP(List<StudentResult> listOfStudentResult){

///logic here

return gp;
}

public double CalCGPA(List<Double> listOfGps){

///logic here

return cgpa;
}

public String getGrade(Double cgpa){

//logic here

return grade // firstclass, 2classupper, lower, 3rd, pass and fail.
}

}

Now you can have a driver class to test your result. It will deal with how you will input the student information and result in other to get the cgpa, it could be a gui or via standard input say a keyboard. Also bear in mind that since this does not include persistence, you have to supply every information each time to get result.

This should get you thinking and asking questions as I have left somethings out. It's not a program but a pointer for you to get started.
Re: Pls Help Me Out by Nov1ce(m): 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
naija_swag:

Firstly, are you computing a program or trying to write one.

I want to believe that you have taken a course on C++. Whether you have grasped the language or not is not the issue, what you need now is to use it and solve a problem and for me I believe that you can learn through this process.

The first thing you should do is to model the problem you have. In Java, you can have a class to represent each Students result and this class can have score, subject and grade etc as it's field. The computation of student's results in the University don't differ over rge years so the same program will do for the 100 and 200L. In some cases the GP contribution of the years differ in percentages. You have to take those into account.

class StudentResult {
private String studentName;
private String studentLevel;
private int studentScore;
private String studentGrade;

private List<Double> listOfGps;

//constructor and getter and setter classes
}

You can now have a Class that has methods for calculating GP and CGPA respectively.

class GradesCalculator {

public double CalGP(List<StudentResult> listOfStudentResult){

///logic here

return gp;
}

public double CalCGPA(List<Double> listOfGps){

///logic here

return cgpa;
}

public String getGrade(Double cgpa){

//logic here

return grade // firstclass, 2classupper, lower, 3rd, pass and fail.
}

}

Now you can have a driver class to test your result. It will deal with how you will input the student information and result in other to get the cgpa, it could be a gui or via standard input say a keyboard. Also bear in mind that since this does not include persistence, you have to supply every information each time to get result.

This should get you thinking and asking questions as I have left somethings out. It's not a program but a pointer for you to get started.

Chairman!!!
From the OP's conversation, you shld be able to ascertain his level of proficiency...
I doubt he'll understand what you just did.
Easy mahn!

(1) (Reply)

Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. / An Award Winning Nigerian Programmer Sets The Pace Again As He Introduces Remark / Database Normalization (help Please)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.