Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,741 members, 7,955,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:14 PM

Is It Risky To Mention Pregnancy As The Reason To Invite One's Mum Over To Uk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Risky To Mention Pregnancy As The Reason To Invite One's Mum Over To Uk (875 Views)

I See No Good Reason To Marry / Girl Brings Pregnancy As Result Home After Four Years In The University / Girl Brings Pregnancy As Result Home After Four Years In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Risky To Mention Pregnancy As The Reason To Invite One's Mum Over To Uk by adonai36: 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
I have read series of contrary opinions on the choice of pregnancy as the reason for inviting one's mum, I am at the verge of inviting my mum over to witness and give moral support whilst being conscious of avoiding the word "Care" in the letter of invitation. Does anyone have an experience or information to share about the subject matter.
Re: Is It Risky To Mention Pregnancy As The Reason To Invite One's Mum Over To Uk by damiso(f): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
It depends on whether this is her first time of visiting the UK.If it is not there would have been a pattern to show that the applicant has been and gone back severally.This was what was applicable to my.mum as it waa just like any other visit.But i have heard from a couple of people that including coming to care for grandkids always arouses a suspicion of overstaying on the part of the BHC peeps
Esp with the outrageous child care costs they often believe these parents could be tempted to stay back to help.Depending on your status though (not too sure)i think there is a dependant visa applicable to aged depedants over 60.
I think travel section would be better suited for more varied responses.
Re: Is It Risky To Mention Pregnancy As The Reason To Invite One's Mum Over To Uk by adonai36: 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
@Damiso, this is her first time in the UK, and i do not want anything to block her chances.
Re: Is It Risky To Mention Pregnancy As The Reason To Invite One's Mum Over To Uk by damiso(f): 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2013
adonai36: @Damiso, this is her first time in the UK, and i do not want anything to block her chances.

Based on a case i heard from a friend of mine,her mum was refused and ONE(amongst others mainly financial) of the issues was that the ECO picked on the fact that the sponsor(my friend) was expecting and he did not feel the applicant has substantial ties to Nigeria.He mentioned that she was a possible over stayer.

I dont want to say mention it or do not cos i still believe you would get better advice on the travel section.

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Mother Accidentally Kills Her 2-year-old Son In Driveway / Secretary Takes Me To Her House To Expose Me / Only Couples Can Confirm This!! Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.