Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim (9820 Views)

7 Ways To Be A Better Muslim / Being A Better Muslim? / Does Being Cool Make You A Better Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by prairie(f): 10:22am On Jan 24, 2013
just as it is christian to love a muslim so do i believe it is muslim to love a christian. All christians in d house, if u ar spewin hayeful comments, ur nt being christian and ur nt representin christ

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by Seun(m): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ola0711: Seun is a religious bigot...do muslims really understand the meaning of TOLERANCE?
I am not a Muslim. I was born into a truly Christian "SU" family but I am a non-theist now. I have never been a Muslim in my life.
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
Seun:
I am not a Muslim. I was born into a truly Christian "SU" family but I am a non-theist now. I have never been a Muslim in my life.

Are you saying you are not actually an atheist?
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by Seun(m): 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
fellis: Are you saying you are not actually an atheist?
I don't believe that gods exists, because there is no good evidence to support that, but I'm not necessarily insisting that gods do not exist.

That makes me a negative atheist, I guess.
1. The Negative Atheist: I don’t believe God exists.
2. The Positive Atheist: I believe God does not (or cannot) exist.
http://www.dbskeptic.com/2008/05/15/a-primer-on-negative-weak-atheism/
Positive atheism is like a religion, since there's no proof that gods don't exist, so I've decided to do away with that claim.
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
Seun:
I don't believe that gods exists, because there is no good evidence to support that, but I'm not necessarily insisting that gods do not exist. That makes me a negative atheist, I guess.

http://www.dbskeptic.com/2008/05/15/a-primer-on-negative-weak-atheism/

Positive atheism is like a religion, since there's no proof that gods don't exist, so I've decided to do away with that claim.
But what that simply means is that you are an agnostic. No need to make it complicated by dividing atheism further into different groups. Anyway, whatever name you call it,whether negative atheism or agnosticism, I think it makes more sense than the atheism which posits that there is most definitely nothing like a God in existence. That's just unreasonable. Cheers
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by ckkris: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
The 5 pillars of Islam must be observed by good Muslims. Please let poster list them, or state categorically that these 5 pillars are now secondary to his 12. Is poster dodging the question of jihad?
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by tbaba1234: 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
ckkris: The 5 pillars of Islam must be observed by good Muslims. Please let poster list them, or state categorically that these 5 pillars are now secondary to his 12. Is poster dodging the question of jihad?

What is the question of Jihad?? Jihad is not a pillar of Islam... It is a noble concept but it is not a pillar. Jihad refers to striving really hard against an opposition. If i work in a government institution and i strive to keep myself clean from corrupt practices inspite of the temptation... That is a Jihad... If i stay away from shamelessness in the university inspite of my desires and temptations, That is a Jihad...

There are 13 aspects of Jihad, only one is armed combat against an opposing force... It is the defence mechanism of an islamic state and one, we have been blessed with.

The pillars of Islam are as follows:

1. The testimony of faith (Shahada)
2. The obligatory 5 daily prayers (Salat)
3. The annual charity given to the poor and les privileged (Zakat)
4. Fasting during the month of Ramadan (Sawm)
5. Pilgrimage to mecca for those that can afford it (hajj)

These 12 tips are meant to help a muslim develop and grow in his faith.

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by abdulkayus(m): 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

What is the question of Jihad?? Jihad is not a pillar of Islam... It is a noble concept but it is not a pillar. Jihad refers to striving really hard against an opposition. If i work in a government institution and i strive to keep myself clean from corrupt practices inspite of the temptation... That is a Jihad... If i stay away from shamelessness in the university inspite of my desires and temptations, That is a Jihad...

There are 13 aspects of Jihad, only one is armed combat against an opposing force... It is the defence mechanism of an islamic state and one, we have been blessed with.

The pillars of Islam are as follows:

1. The testimony of faith (Shahada)
2. The obligatory 5 daily prayers (Salat)
3. The annual charity given to the poor and les privileged (Zakat)
4. Fasting during the month of Ramadan (Sawm)
5. Pilgrimage to mecca for those that can afford it (hajj)

These 12 tips are meant to help a muslim develop and grow in his faith.

may Allah bless u. So Seun is an atheist, hmmmm. I hav heard dat b4 bt never believe it until now.
I hope one day u will discover Islam and enjoy it sweetness, likewise others non muslims here too. Amin summa amin
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by raynold17(m): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
seun de beg u in the name of God do something about your mods especially maclunji he is clearly against anything christianity..we now even get warning before we post. . a muslim gal insult christianity, and someone parent she didn't even get banned or atleast post hidden. .
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by kodeya(m): 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
May Allah bless you. I pray we Muslims understand this very well and put them to use......
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Seun:

Sir, can you embrace Islam if you're convinced with overwhelming evidence that Allah does exists?
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by prairie(f): 1:31am On Jan 25, 2013
Seun:
I don't believe that gods exists, because there is no good evidence to support that, but I'm not necessarily insisting that gods do not exist.

That makes me a negative atheist, I guess. http://www.dbskeptic.com/2008/05/15/a-primer-on-negative-weak-atheism/
u will find ur way bak to christ amen
Re: 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim by ignis: 6:26am On Jan 25, 2013
Seun:
That's interesting.
Hearing it from the horse's mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Envy People: See How To Deal With It? / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) / Lets Help One Another: How Did You Overcome Your Challenges ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.