Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students (8222 Views)

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video / Covenant University Recalls Expelled Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by oba009(m): 5:46am On Jan 14, 2013
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by oba009(m): 5:48am On Jan 14, 2013
Covenant University reconsiders expelled students
January 14, 2013 | 3:13 am
News

BY JIMOH BABATUNDE

LAGOS — The authorities of the Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, might have commuted the expulsion of its 200 students.

The university authorities were last week asked by the National Human Rights Commission of Nigeria to come forward with all records of the processes that led to the expulsion.

But Vanguard learnt yesterday from a reliable source in National Human Rights Commission that the university authorities, which will be meeting with the Commission on Friday in Abuja, has denied expelling the students, but said they were suspended.

The lawyer to the University, Dele Adesina (SAN) when contacted by Vanguard last night on phone denied any knowledge of the commuttal of expulsion to suspension.

It will be recalled that Vanguard had earlier reported the expulsion of 126 students of the university for not attending the ‘departure service’, meant to sign off from the school at the end or the semester on November 30.
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by eduson33(m): 6:01am On Jan 14, 2013
Naija sef...
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 14, 2013
Good business decision

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
Secondly, my roomie got Halo 4 (his cuz works at Microsoft). Gonna go play it now. Bye bye cruel world, until tomorrow morning.
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Okijajuju1(m): 8:36am On Jan 15, 2013
After ruining their lives over religion!! FHUCK THEM!!!

If I was one of the expelled students, I will go back, smuggle 50 litres of Petrol into school and burn the fhucking church down!! angry

angry

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 15, 2013
Nice decision.It will calm the tension the Church and the Presiding Bishop has put up in the past few months
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Wendyslim(f): 8:38am On Jan 15, 2013
Dem. try. If na my pickin dem expel I for sue the school after paying a whole lot of money you will now say rubbish becos dey didn't attend fellowship.mtchewww
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by thaoriginator: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2013
I'm going back to that extremist school again!
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by victorD3: 8:41am On Jan 15, 2013
Hmmm all these advanced secondary schools called private universities churches are now opening. Expelled after over 400k school fees.

Between can tithe payers afford to send their children to these universities?
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Stegomiah: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2013
Expulsion or Suspension? Which 1 A̶̲̥̅rε̲̣̣̣̥ we 2believe?
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Decapo: 8:51am On Jan 15, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by kenny987(f): 8:51am On Jan 15, 2013
@victorD3: it's By The Way (Btw) and nt Between! @topic: may God help them 2 the right things...Amen

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by cyril83(m): 8:51am On Jan 15, 2013
Stop saying what you can't defend before my father...says oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by ebamma3: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2013
Okija_juju: After ruining their lives over religion!! FHUCK THEM!!!

If I was one of the expelled students, I will go back, smuggle 50 litres of Petrol into school and burn the fhucking church down!! angry

angry

and i always thought u were sane
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2013
Now they are thinking straight!
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Clemzy16(m): 8:52am On Jan 15, 2013
DEm fOR NO cONsideR! nO bE thE MonEY DEm dEy fInd nI?! CONveNanT aDVAnced SeConDAry SCHool Is GRAduALLInG lOOsIng OuT.... I BEg yOu ThIs YeaR tHEy ArE GoNna HAvE THe LOwEST NuMBER Of jAmBiTe SEEkiNG admISSioN iNto ThE SChOoL.
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by nlofficial(m): 8:53am On Jan 15, 2013
Okija_juju: After ruining their lives over religion!! FHUCK THEM!!!

angry

Are they beginning to have decrement in the school or what?

They better wake up from the religious ages.
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by ceospecial(m): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2013
Oh! Covenant university? U mean that university that dey just built in the sahara desert? Gud news, i guess i av lectures dis morning, *grabs my bag nd headin 2 class*
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Okijajuju1(m): 8:56am On Jan 15, 2013
ebamma 3: and i always thought u were sane

Bros I am sane o!! But what this University did is just outrightly wrong!!!

The University commission should review the operational license of some of these prison institution.

Even in jail, going to church is not mandatory!!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Fklin(m): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2013
F**k strict Rulez, all ds private universities r jst xtortn money frm ppl..xpolsn & suspnsion of FINAL year students for silly reasons is animalistic, and some use church as camoflge...I went 2 a private uni and i saw hell in M̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊ 4yrs of study...
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by texazzpete(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2013
Wendyslim: Dem. try. If na my pickin dem expel I for sue the school after paying a whole lot of money you will now say rubbish becos dey didn't attend fellowship.mtchewww

Okija_juju:

Bros I am sane o!! But what this University did is just outrightly wrong!!!

The University commission should review the operational license of some of these prison institution.

Even in jail, going to church is not mandatory!!

This reaction small. Some people talk here like imbecilic dolts that don't know the ramification of expulsion.
Basically, when you expel someone who is in 400 level for missing a church service, you're setting the person's clock nearly 5 years back. This is a human being who has hopes, dreams and aspirations...and you're destroying all those over a misdemeanor.
M0r0ns here talk about following rules...they forget that the Christian faith is based on following rules laid down in the bible...but when such rules are broken, the faith tells us that there is unconditional forgiveness as long as there is repentance. Now a Bishop is being unforgiving and people say it is normal.

if na my pikin dem expel for such frivolous reasons, i will give all those clergymen the beating of their life. E go be like film trick angry

7 Likes

Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 15, 2013
^^^Bros, 1000 likes
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Maxymilliano(m): 9:36am On Jan 15, 2013
So, Oyedepo can swallow his pride and allowed reasons to prevail over sentiments?
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by gerald09(m): 9:52am On Jan 15, 2013
Person wey go uni like dat shuld expect such bullshit. Its just a glorified high school. I took d entrance exam 1s n I told dem only angel Gab himself dat will bring me there. @ a uni a student shuld b allowed to make dem own decision y the F**k shuld I be told what to do @ uni, that's not discipline its jt cruel dictatorship.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by kkpopsy: 10:10am On Jan 15, 2013
When I hear about schools expelling children I get angry. Where do you expect dem to go? R u not spos 2 guide them even wen dey act up
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Oahray: 10:21am On Jan 15, 2013
A school is good business. A big church is even better business. When you combine them well, you are forbes' material.

@topic, now they say its suspension not expulsion. People sabi deny sha grin
All the same, it is foolish to FORCE people to go to church in the name of making them Godfearing.
Re: Covenant University Reconsidered Expelled Students by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 15, 2013
LOOL. And one woman was in church on sunday giving testimony on how her prayers made them to recall her child. As if her child was the only one recalled. If the Human Rights Group didn't talk I would have loved to see who God will see reasons with. The Bishop or the Woman. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Futo Admission List For 2008/2009 Session, Released! / 62th Nigerian Defence Academy, Result Will Be Out On 5th April 2010. / Stupidest Fish That Has No Response Even When Its Half Body Is Eaten.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.