Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. (5723 Views)

Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by chiefkpokp(m): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2013
The Super Eagles continued their build up for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations with a well-deserved 1-0 win over Dutch club, FC Rotterdam on Saturday. Coming a few days after an unconvincing 0-0 draw against Nations Cup debutantes, Cape Verde, the victory has already raised hope in some quarters.

First Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Chief Mike Umeh said, “The victory is a morale booster for the team. It shows that the Eagles are consistent. Unlike their Zambian counterparts, the Eagles are yet to lose a match in their friendlies, so far. I just pray they can carry on to the Nations Cup.”

Asked about his expectations from Coach Stephen Keshi and his wards, Umeh who spoke with our correspondent Sunday said that the technical crew have been given all the support to achieve success. “Preparations have been excellent, they have been given a free hand and there has been no interference from any quarters; we expect he(Keshi) delivers,” Umeh said.

Continuing, the NFF chieftain added, “There is a common parlance that says, ‘to whom much is given much is expected.’ My dream, and surely, I’m speaking the minds of my colleagues on the board, is to see Keshi and the Eagles bring home the trophy. It would not be enough to say I want to see them in the semi final or final. There is no other way of measuring had work than success. That means it’s the trophy or nothing.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/nations-cup-its-trophy-or-nothing-nff-gives-keshi-condition/
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Kaxmytex(m): 8:03am On Jan 14, 2013
Team eagles all d way...
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by bleeztouch(m): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
Akuku
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by antontech(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
Everytime
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
I guess Keshi will be sacked soon then.. These Eagles no go see semi-finals sef..
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by elrony(m): 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
In oda news, he's been sacked already.!

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
I wish to also mention the the NFF have a huge responsibility in a successful 2013 as much as Keshi does.. so he should also remind his members . Trophy or Sack grin
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Abrantie: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
From now on, anyone who dares to call this team "Super {the other bird}" will have to respond to me.
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by izenco2005(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
grin Up super chicken

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
I want to be optimistic but want to be realistic too. I dont see eagles as a strong contender for the trophy. Me think they still need more time to become a team.

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by hardbody: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
I thought the initial mandate was for him to get to the semis. Why are we as a nation always changing goal posts at every opportunity? I do agree that nothing short of the cup should suffice but the fact is we should have spelt that out from the onset. Anyways, when the games start, we will see the build up, compare with other teams on ground and then make meaningful deductions as to how soon they are coming home. Keshi never tripped me as a good coach by the way. For my patriotic sake, I will keep praying for them.
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by LagosBoi2(m): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
make him wear canvas enter field go play with them idiat:@
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by allout: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
Nigerians are the most unreasonable set of human beings in the world. Its apparent we don't have the team it takes to win so how do we expect Keshi to deliver the cup?
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by elrony(m): 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
Abrantie: From now on, anyone who dares to call this team "Super {the other bird}" will have to respond to me.

SUPER PARROTS!!

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Naijapikin1: 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
they have started giving expectations.these stewpid NFF "wawas" and wat happens if keshi doesnt bring bak d trophy? firing squad abi? after all as far as am concerned dia stil playin big man football. dia noy mobile. wish dem luck sha
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by clemmonce(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
maryjames9: I want to be optimistic but want to be realistic too. I dont see eagles as a strong contender for the trophy. Me think they still need more time to become a team.
like 5 years abi ?
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Bluesparkles(f): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
Which Nigeria? Abegeeee! To think dem no go let person watch better thing for TV cos of ball wey Naija no go win.
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
Pls wat is eagles? Is eagles a bird?
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by gbadexy(m): 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
It would be nice to win the cup after a long time. Egypt, cameroon and ghana no get four legs.
But if dem no win and performed well, then its okay IMO because one person has to win.
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by banki(m): 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
other people are playing quality friendly matches, other people have super indiviuals but are working on team cordination, Nigeria is playing Venezuela, Catalunya and FC Rotredam, i swear the only people we have played that made sence was cape verde because they knocked cameroun and egypt out of the qualifiersand those one sexposed us bitterly.

does catalonya belong to any federation? is it a club? would the goal scored by bright dike be counted as an international goal, would the eagles that made thier debuts in that game be recorded as international caps.... Venezuela has never qualified for a world cup before they are one of the worst ranked teams in south america, they have not even made it to the last few editions of copa america why do we play them

why do we major on minor and minor on majors and yet expect to be chmpions

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by mallorca(m): 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
NFF don pay Keshi 30million wey dem owe him?
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by honeric01(m): 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
Please where in the article was it categorically stated that "Trophy or nothing"? and where was the condition stated? how does wish become decree? undecided
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by siddiq202(m): 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
^^^
I wonder too o

Btw Is Adebayo issue clear now?
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Umunede(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
Abrantie: From now on, anyone who dares to call this team "Super {the other bird}" will have to respond to me.
Abrantie drogba. Ur ghana team is better than our team as per d friendlies so far. I have more hope in ur ghana team lifting d trophy than my super eagles. Keshi and his boys have failed us already. I am already looking forward to the sack of keshi after afcon because de don't have anything to offer
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by honeric01(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
siddiq202: ^^^
I wonder too o

Btw Is Adebayo issue clear now?
\

Not sure, any new details? is Adebayor now there?
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by surveyProf(m): 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
Coaches normally are meant to be given conditions to work with, reasons are dat, if he Keshi is left alone to operate, he will just go in der and get to quater-finals, but with dis challenge coming frm the Nff, he has not choice than to sit up and charge his boys to victory, perhaps winning the African Cup of Nations, just mine thought!
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by kpozite(m): 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
NFF should just give Keshi some BH and militants to go and steal the trophy, that's the surest way we gonna have it here. Super whatever the way I see them can'tgrin grin grin
Re: Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. by Abeyjide: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
see marketing strategy.giving him a target which signify if he fails,nxt is to sack him.are d nff not d root cause of d problem in nigeria football.instead commiting him unto God ' hand,dey were busy saying rubbish.i wish dem well.shikenaa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Ronaldo Gay? Pictures / Heading Football Can Cause Brain Damage / Women's Hockey Team Strip Off As They Practice Their Drills 4 Charity ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.