Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? (8390 Views)

A Baby Boy Has Been Born From The World's Oldest Sperm. [photos] / How A Baby Is Formed In The Womb In Pictures / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Emmajide(f): 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
@ all4naija...........my mum(she's a nurse) wuz d first to tell me.also alot of research has been done on it.u can check for d research work done by a certain Dr Maya Pande. besides,it's not like d baby has to be on d back 24/7

generally any position dat
# allows for d baby's hips to be well spread out
# raises d knees above d bum
# doesn't put too much pressure on d baby's back
# makes d baby and mum comfy is d best.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by F00028: 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
all4naija: I am on about protection on normal circumstances. Why would you have a baby in your back doing your chores, if not for those who like stressful jobs? Kindly put the baby in baby carriage close by. Comeon!
some people can't help it.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Bluesparkles(f): 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
all4naija: I am on about protection on normal circumstances. Why would you have a baby in your back doing your chores, if not for those who like stressful jobs? Kindly put the baby in baby carriage close by. Comeon!
who says the baby is at danger on the mother's back? The back is safer, and much more convinient than any carriage. Its another way babies bond with their mothers. I believe it's one of the reasons african children are closer to their moms than their american/european counterparts.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bluesparkles: who says the baby is at danger on the mother's back? The back is safer, and much more convinient than any carriage. Its another way babies bond with their mothers. I believe it's one of the reasons african children are closer to their moms than their american/european counterparts.
*facepalm* Another unproven African theory. Anyway, I am not against putting on the back.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Bluesparkles(f): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
all4naija: *facepalm* Another unproven African theory. Anyway, I am not against putting on the back.
I said 'I believe'. You should know the difference between an opinion and a fact. Smh
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by oyestephen(m): 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
I see nothing wrong, with any good way of carrying a baby. But carrying at the back is much preffered. Especially to our mothers, but these youths of nowadays are trying to do it their own way....but the old methods are better joor
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Anvaller: 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
slimyem: What defines that as the best way to carry a baby?
Whatever way any mother chooses to carry her baby shouldn't be an issue as long as both mother and baby are comfortable and safe.
The end result is the same..the baby gets carried!
Ka roso mo idi and ka ro idi mo aso..ki idi ma saa ti sofo(Tieing a wrapper round the bum or tying the bum round the wrapper,its all the same as long as the bum isn't bare! )cheesy

Slimyem, u should have used the alternative proverb.. which is more easily comprehensible.
gbe omu f'omo, gbe omo f'omu ki omu sha ti de enu omo.. (take the baby to the breastt or the breastt to the baby, the point is to breastfeed the baby)
I appreciate that u used a proverb tho. Try to teach ur kids as much as u can and they would grow up to be deep thinkers..

To the topic, I am a fan of the traditional way of carrying the kid on the back but I have not also seen any particular minus in the white man's method of the baby at the front. So I am neutral on this.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Markenny(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2013

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by slimyem: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
Anvaller:

Slimyem, u should have used the alternative proverb.. which is more easily comprehensible.
gbe omu f'omo, gbe omo f'omu ki omu sha ti de enu omo.. (take the baby to the breastt or the breastt to the baby, the point is to breastfeed the baby)
I appreciate that u used a proverb tho. Try to teach ur kids as much as u can and they would grow up to be deep thinkers..

To the topic, I am a fan of the traditional way of carrying the kid on the back but I have not also seen any particular minus in the white man's method of the baby at the front. So I am neutral on this.
hmmn..
I appreciate your opinion..smiley
Thanks!
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by babuji(f): 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
I think we are missing what the lady said.

She used the word pram where you have to lay a baby down.

She said keeping a baby upright is the best position. So in front or at the back it doesnt really matter as long as the baby is upright!
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by sunnyprof: 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
It depends. When at home or doing chores, tie at the back.
But if going out, on bike, in the market, at events, elswhwere out of work and out of home, you the front sack (the kangaroo bag).

With this you can get the advantage of both methods. you free the hand to work or keep baby away from danger at chores by backing the baby and you ensure safety and oversight on outdoors by using the front sack.

being dogmatic about any one is unnecessary. you have so many months in between any, so the child can still enjoy all. so it depends
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by eriegua83: 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
Why should the child walk backward? Is the child a Kangaroo to be carried in a pouch. Mothers back d best.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by eriegua83: 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
Why should the child walk backward? Is the child a Kangaroo to be carried in a pouch? Mothers back d best.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Hadesewa: 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
It's d best to back a baby for convinience of both mother n baby.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by FlyboyZee: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
BRB
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by FlyboyZee: 10:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
My wife who is about 6ft tall rejected my offer to buy a pram for her when our son was born. Her reasons being that studies have shown that it can lead to waist and back pains and make tall people like her hunched and tilting forward. I tried as best I can to persuade her to no avail, so I let the issue rest. I think nature has its own way of helping us find the most safe and comfortable ways of living, yet we often choose to do otherwise.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 15, 2013
Emma_jide: @ all4naija...........my mum(she's a nurse) wuz d first to tell me.also alot of research has been done on it.u can check for d research work done by a certain Dr Maya Pande. besides,it's not like d baby has to be on d back 24/7

Won't the statement in bold makes a baby bowlegged?
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by bendazum: 7:08am On Jan 15, 2013
What would happen if a baby falls off her mother's back in a moving bike?Imagine. cry
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by joangirl: 1:18am On Jan 18, 2013
The best way

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jan 18, 2013
Emma_jide: @ all4naija...........my mum(she's a nurse) wuz d first to tell me.also alot of research has been done on it.u can check for d research work done by a certain Dr Maya Pande. besides,it's not like d baby has to be on d back 24/7

^^^ Now those are kinda new to me... And I never spread their legs around my hips , they always sleep frog-like unti they're 1 grin

Anyways ..... speaking for myself with colicky babies ....I MUST back them to warm the umbilical cord and they also hear my heartbeat and keep them mute so I have a rest of mind and they're tiny anyways.

I back them until they are 2+..... just the quickest way to shut them up to sleep. Takes 10mins max.... 20 maxfor stubborn one cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Health Tip Of The Day: Pomegranates And Its Benefits / COVID-19: Ekiti Discharges 5 Patients, Expands Isolation Centre / HIV Infections Fall, U.N. Says Ending AIDS “feasible”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.