Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins (25819 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by mitchyy(f): 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2013

This statement was made at a service held yesterday, Sunday January 13th at Pastor Chris Okotie's church auditorium. He told his members that tattooing their body or even undergoing plastic surgery is not a sin before God. He said a lot of people misinterpret a scripture in the bible which is supposedly against body art and enhancement. He said getting tattoos and plastic surgery is an individual decision and has nothing to do with God.

What are your thoughts on this?

http://gistville.com/2013/01/theres-nothing-wrong-in-tattoos-and-plastic-surgery-pastor-chris-okotie/
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
Come again Pastor?

8 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Onyiclassic(f): 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
ok

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
and my patriotic moronigerians will always sit quietly waiting for someone to tell them what is wrong or not,
waiting for someone to read out chapters and verses of the same bible they have at home,
waiting for someone to tell them what god said and what he did not,
Let me ask you....Why does God talk to your pastor but doesn't talk to you??

94 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
Expecting NL Christians to quote this verse
Lev 19:28
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord

And leave out these ones
v.19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

v.27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Heehehee...

23 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Freiburger(m): 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
If you give that guy chance ihn too go place one tattoo for ihn face. grin

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okotie again cheesy

This guy is a publicity seeker. He should go and sit down in one place and keep his mouth shut abeg. I'm sick of seeing his oily/greasy face angry

I guess fornication, adultery and divorce are individual decisions and have nothing to do with God. undecided

Mumu.

16 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by JeSoul(f): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
Caution to future posters, any insults and you will be banned. Cheers and happy posting smiley

3 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by ssainty(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
hw did i get here?OMG.....infact wu b chris okotie?
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Sike(m): 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
But Why Always Pastor!
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by homesteady(m): 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by konn: 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
IM NOT SURPRISED SINCE HE SAID DIVORCE AND REMARRIAGE IS NOT A SIN THEN WHAT IS TATOO AND PLASTIC SURGERY?
PHROPHET OF DOOM

6 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
pDude: Okotie again cheesy

This guy is a publicity seeker. He should go and sit down in one place and keep his mouth shut abeg. I'm sick of seeing his oily/greasy face angry

I guess fornication, adultery and divorce are individual decisions and have nothing to do with God. undecided

Mumu.
shocked shocked shocked shocked you talk like that against the man of God? God eyes are on you now...
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
musKeeto: Expecting NL Christians to quote this verse

And leave out these ones

Heehehee...
All religious books are contradictory. Doesn't matter which. This is why we have different beliefs and sects in one religion.

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Bolt2011(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
The blind leading the blind. Lord have mercy lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
JeSoul: Caution to future posters, any insults and you will be banned. Cheers and happy posting smiley
Ive already Banned you....

4 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bolt2011: The blind leading the blind. Lord have mercy lipsrsealed
shocked shocked shocked who is blind the pastor? you better watch your self chalay...
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by modestdude(m): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
The same way masturbation was declared not a sin. What's wrong with these our pastor cHrises?

2 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by thepo(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
Sir!
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Stegomiah: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
Im no be 1 correct pastor b4 naw, Ƨ̲̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ I no dey surprised, pastor wey dey divorce im wyf. Wen bible says God hates puttin away! Im jst dey preach 2 soothe im lifestle, I sense d guy wan put tatoo 4 im body
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by polyyee(m): 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
dat min say i would do a lot of it .ABEG TEL ME HOW TO WRITE MY OWN TOPIC
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by bigfat: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
[size=30pt]ME I NO FIT FOLLOW MY PASTOR GO HELL FIRE IF I WAN GO THERE I WILL GO THERE BY MYSELF...[/size]

12 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Ganys: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
This cooked indomie head Pop star turned merchant of Gospel at it again undecided

2 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

shocked shocked shocked shocked you talk like that against the man of God? God eyes are on you now...

I am a man of God too. smiley

It seems this greasy jerry curl guy is your pastor from the way you are defending him hand and foot.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by sunkoye: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
991: and my patriotic moronigerians will always sit quietly waiting for someone to tell them what is wrong or not,
waiting for someone to read out chapters and verses of the same bible they have at home,
waiting for someone to tell them what god said and what he did not,
Let me ask you....Why does God talk to your pastor but doesn't talk to you??
because me am DULL and my pastor is a sharp guy. grin na wa ooo... smh

5 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Psylas(m): 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

he is not a man of God!

3 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
bigfat: [size=30pt]ME I NO FIT FOLLOW MY PASTOR GO HELL FIRE IF I WAN GO THERE I WILL GO THERE BY MYSELF...[/size]
if you go to hell fire it would be nice for you to have company right?

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Afam4eva(m): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
modestdude: The same way masturbation was declared not a sin. What's wrong with these our pastor cHrises?
All you have to do is to provide proof from the bible to dispute his claim. An act is a sin not just because it doesn't sound right. It has to be backed up with the bible.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
Psylas: he is not a man of God!
shocked shocked shocked chalay, you are going too far with this one oooo....i want no part in this.....ill leave you to God....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Worships At Tunde Bakare's Church (Photos) / Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.