Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Effect Of Ultraviolet Light (sunlight) On Vitamins - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Effect Of Ultraviolet Light (sunlight) On Vitamins (1056 Views)

Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 / How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans / What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effect Of Ultraviolet Light (sunlight) On Vitamins by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 15, 2013
After a google search on the "effect of ultraviolet light on vitamin A", I am somewhat convinced that prolonged exposure to sunlight depletes the vitamin content content of the foods we eat.

I wonder if the same applies to the foodstuff we buy from the markets (tomatoes, vegetables, onions, carrots, etc) that have been under the sun for so long before we take them home.

I like eating carrots because it has a high vitamin A content, most times I buy the ones that are carried about on a wheelbarrow. Since the carrots have been under the sun for a while (i don't really know how long), am I getting enough vitamin A from the carrots cheesy or am I just eating chaff? angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Recipe For Jeolof Rice And Red Stew / Step By Step Process Of Making Egusi And Okra Soup! Enjoy! / Learn How To Bake Conventional And Ketogenic Cakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.