Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Blatter: Point Deduction Will Fight Racism. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blatter: Point Deduction Will Fight Racism. (527 Views)

Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query / Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings / Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blatter: Point Deduction Will Fight Racism. by sojihandsome: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2013
FIFA president Sepp Blatter has expressed his belief that points deductions are the best way to combat racism in football.
The issue of discrimination was brought to the fore again when Milan players walked from the pitch during a recent friendly clash with Pro Patria after Kevin-Prince Boateng suffered racial abuse.

And the 76-year-old head of the world's football governing body has offered what he claims is a 'radical solution' to such behaviour.

"I think we can never do enough to eradicate all the racism in football," Blatter told Reporters

"We have already tried and you have given, in Great Britain, the best example of how to eradicate violence in football with the modern stadia, with the controls and education that this is the one thing.

"I think a more radical solution would be deduction of points. Deduction of points would have a better impact on that than any other sanction."

Blatter also moved to discourage a repeat of Boateng's protest, describing taking such action as 'running away' from the problem.

"Already to have a match played without spectators is a warning, it's a warning for all the spectators but the situation is now as such, you remember the Boateng problem, running away," he added.

"I made a comment on that and I still have the same feeling, it was good what he has done in order to give this impact by saying, 'listen, look at what has happened', but it can't be the solution.

"It can't be the solution because you can never solve any problem in your life, being in private life, in economic life, wherever, by running away.

"This is a good sign, it's a good sign, to now say listen, if you don't take care now of our sport they will do it."

Re: Blatter: Point Deduction Will Fight Racism. by FBS: 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
Point deduction? will it help?

Do it the Boateng way and then deduct points = Winning formula. tongue

(1) (Reply)

AFCON - I Love That Arab Nations Are Getting Beaten / AFCON 2013 - Full Time - Nigeria 5-0 Ghana / Supereagles Must Proove OLAMIDE Wrong By Reaching The Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.