Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

Questions For Mazaje About The Soul. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Mazaje About The Soul. (550 Views)

The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Questions For Logic1 (if You Have Doubts Concerning The Christian Faith) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions For Mazaje About The Soul. by dalaman: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
I followed your topic about souls on the othe thread. A very interesting video was posted by anony. I will like to have your response to it. What do you have to say about Dr Eben Alexander testimony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwDavvndecE
Re: Questions For Mazaje About The Soul. by mazaje(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2013
Firstly, William Craig is not some one I consider credible, he tells lies all the time and he is here supporting another person that has told lies. . . He introduced Dr Alexander as if he is an atheist that doesn't believe in all these things already. . . Firstly the man is a self professed christian
who attended Duke University who’s moto is “Knowledge and Religion”.

The thing about making things up and calling it true, is that anyone can do it, and do so without blowing a hemorrhoid. If we took people's personal experiences as solid science, then we could make any loony bin the academy of sciences without reservation. Not to mention the little fact that we can induce these experiences artificially in the lab. Dr. Eben Alexander knows how silly this sounds, he admits, so he prefaces his “proof” with this:
I know how pronouncements like mine sound to skeptics, so I will tell my story with the logic and language of the scientist I am.
“Language”? Who cares? Big words don’t make your experience any more factual. . . .

I read his account and as he says, the deepest most primitive parts of the brain were still active. That would include the pineal gland which is known to release DMT at the onset of death. DMT would lead to hallucinations. A program on his so called voyage into heaven was shown on National geographic last month. Many other scientist and neurologist gave other scientific explanations for his experience, but the man just keep insisting that his experience is only supernatural. . .He is lying just like every body that claims to have been to heaven. . .Being a neurologist doesn't mean he isn't a liar. . .

He follows the popular script of falling into a coma, going to “heaven,” and then cashing in by writing a book about the "experience". The kind of experience the Dr. is talking about would surely turn any of us into a shepherd and not a salesman. . . . I would not even be thinking about my capitalistic goals if I knew for sure without a single doubt that something greater awaited us all. He's not selling a skill or advice. He is actually trying to sell us on that he witnessed heaven but is not going to do much different in his life even though he has found the "holy grail". He would go further than trying to make money on a book if the event was really that compelling to him. Dr Alexander's intent is profit. . . .

I read the guys story on the daily beast website and its all BS. . .He is just trying to use his populatity to promote his new theory and version of christianity. He says that there are other universes, with less "evil" then ours, and that some are more technologically advanced. He is talking about how we are one of many universes with people living in it, and that our Earth, is a unique one spiriually in that it has more evil in it. However, if any of the other universes had people in them and anyone who had committed any sin, they would need a saviour. Would god also send his son through the process of being guilty for the world more then once again? Would he be able to go back to his position as a man on other planets as a physical body when his real body was up in heaven as the conquering king who had overcome sin and death, who held the keys of death and hades? He also tosses out that evil was made so that there could be free will. No, there is evil because we have free will. is Dr Alexander even a christian?. . .Does he know what he is even talking about?. . .

What does the bible say about other universes, and the things this man mentions? Does it line up with what is written in the bible?. . Not just the feelings of love and all the nice sounding stuff, but the actual ideas presented in his account. The guy made everything up and is a liar. . .

(1) (Reply)

Pray With Pope Benedict This February / Is Tatoo Devilish? / Pope Benedict XVI Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.