Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

Taking Communion At Home (whats Your Take ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Taking Communion At Home (whats Your Take ) (539 Views)

Taking Communion While Fasting / He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taking Communion At Home (whats Your Take ) by sluvy4tune(m): 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
Dear Nlanders

AS A christian i do believe in the teaching of Christ as recorded in the bible no doubt especially as itz relate to communion
we were taught of how Jesus broke bread & gave to his disciples instructing them to do this in remembrance of him.

Back to Methodist where we all started from we are meant to believe communion is the holiest of holy, u dare not take communion or even go near if you have not gotten to some level in your Christian faith----Thou most pentecostal church has change that trend now, Everyone is entitle to take communion.

#FASTFORWARD

I went to my uncles house to spend the holiday with him after nearly six weeks in school,after the morning devotion the next day they brought in communion bread & wine all poured in xtra large wine glasses, filled to the brim & chilled too shocked & we where ask to take as communion...Personally i have no problem with that as a matter of fact a daily glass of wine wont be a bad way to refresh my self after all d junk food in school grin.

But I Find Somethings Funny

1.Communion is served almost on a daily basis angry

2.His last son who is bout 7 in his quest to drink wine can just scream "Daddy we haven't taken communion"boom! communion is ready cheesy

3.As an typing this A bottle of wine is chilling in the fridge for communion 2nite grin

Pls what is your take on this , are we doing the right thing or are there better ways to observe communion at home ? share & comment pls Mod pls frontpage

(1) (Reply)

Fear Not, God Is Here! / Wrong On Two Counts / Wow! The Pope Steps Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.