Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,837,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars (895 Views)

"Big Men" Block Osborne Road In Lagos With Their Cars This Morning - Pic / Football Stars And Their Cars (Pictures) / Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars by kelsonpoint(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2013
Here in my area we have a lot of Yoruba folks driving cabs and they like putting a lot of fancies on their car and make use of the horn frequently in fact if their horn is faulty they consider it as a major fault. One interesting thing about them is that they choose a particular brand of car they use for transportation like when i was small i do see them with datsun, from that they shifted over to Mazda and now they are gradually migrating over to this Toyota privia. Why do dey act that way?
Re: Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars by gulfer: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2013
kels on point: Here in my area we have a lot of Yoruba folks driving cabs and they like putting a lot of fancies on their car and make use of the horn frequently in fact if their horn is faulty they consider it as a major fault. One interesting thing about them is that they choose a particular brand of car they use for transportation like when i was small i do see them with datsun, from that they shifted over to Mazda and now they are gradually migrating over to this Toyota privia. Why do dey act that way?
Whats your point Man?
Re: Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2013
Lol...funny thread. I've always been curious about the misuse of the horn. It's not a Yoruba thing though, more a part of general Nigerian bad driving culture.
Re: Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars by Ikenna351(m): 9:35am On Jan 16, 2013
kels on point: Here in my area we have a lot of Yoruba folks driving cabs and they like putting a lot of fancies on their car and make use of the horn frequently in fact if their horn is faulty they consider it as a major fault. One interesting thing about them is that they choose a particular brand of car they use for transportation like when i was small i do see them with datsun, from that they shifted over to Mazda and now they are gradually migrating over to this Toyota privia. Why do dey act that way?

Anti-tribal threads are not allowed in Car Talk. Better watch it!

Ikenna.
Re: Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars by tdie: 10:22am On Jan 16, 2013

Its not a tribal thing. It would be nice if you could rephrase your observations. I also notice a lot of peeps (cuts across all tribes-you see them in Enugu, Kano, Lagos etc) who have the same habit of carrying an artificial gardens (plastic flowers) on the dashboard, lots of fancy chrome fittings, fake antennas, mirrors and truck grade piercing horns... even sirens sometimes grin
Re: Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars by nnamokenna(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2013
Definitely not a tribal thing. Cuts across Nigeria. I guess it's because you live in the West. Try visiting any major city in the North or South and you'll believe it's not peculiar to the Yorubas.
Re: Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars by kelsonpoint(m): 11:54am On Jan 16, 2013
nnam.okenna:
Definitely not a tribal thing. Cuts across Nigeria. I guess it's because you live in the West. Try visiting any major city in the North or South and you'll believe it's not peculiar to the Yorubas.
sorry i don't live in the west i live in south-south portharcourt precisely
Re: Have You Notice Yoruba Drivers Putting Alot Of Fancy On Their Cars by redcliff: 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2013

Bro, I totally agree with you on the Yoruba thing and Fanciful items on their cars. I thought i was the only one that noticed it and Ikenna, Its not a tribal issue, if i can notice and another can too, then he openly talks about it on here, i don't see anything wrong with it since there are no reprehensive remarks on anybody or any tribe. I just find it amusing because the way they do it, its so obvious, i am thinking maybe they are conspicuous or they see it as a fashion trend amongst themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Too Much Engine Oil, Good Or Bad? / Fuel Pump Pressure Test / Driving Hymns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.