Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

101 Contradictions In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (1850 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

101 Contradictions In The Bible by alameenLM(m): 4:20am On Jan 17, 2013
1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?
*. God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
*. Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)
2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?
*. Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
*. One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles21:5)
3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?
*. Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
*. Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?
*. Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
*. Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?
*. Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
*. Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)
6. How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?
*. Eighteen (2 Kings 24:cool
*. Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)
7. How long did he rule over Jerusalem?
*. Three months (2 Kings 24:cool
*. Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)
8. The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?
*. Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:cool
*. Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)
9. When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?
*. After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)
*. Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)
10. How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?
*. Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
*. Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)
11. When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?
*. One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)
*. Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)
12. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?
*. Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26)
*. Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25)
13. In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?
*. Twenty-sixth year (I Kings 15:33 - 16:cool
*. Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1)
14. How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?
*. Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2)
*. Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16)
15. Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?
*. Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)
*. Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)
16. Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?
*. Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6)
*. Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11)
17. How many were the children of Zattu?
*. Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:cool
*. Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)
18. How many were the children of Azgad?
*. One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)
*. Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)
19. How many were the children of Adin?
*. Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)
*. Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)
20. How many were the children of Hashum?
*. Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
*. Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)
21. How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?
*. Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
*. One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)
22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:
*. 29,818 (Ezra)
*. 31,089 (Nehemiah)
23. How many singers accompanied the assembly?
*. Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
*. Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?
*. Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
*. Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?
*. Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
*. No (Joshua 15:63)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
*. Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
*. Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?
*. Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
*. Nathan(Luke3:31)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?
*. Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
*. Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?
*. Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
*. Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?
*. Joram (Matthew 1:cool
*. Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?
*. Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
*. Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)
32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?
*. Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
*. But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)
33. Who was the father of Shelah?
*. Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
*. Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)
34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?
*. Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
*. No (John 1:19-21)
35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
*. Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
*. No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of hisdescendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)
36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?
*. One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And theybrought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
*. Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.
37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?
*. By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
*. His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)
38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?
*. By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
*. On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)
39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?
*. Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
*. No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.
40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?
*. Yes (Mark 6:cool
*. No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)
41. Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist?
*. Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
*. No (Luke 9:9)
42. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism?
*. Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
*. No (John 1:32,33)
43. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism?
*. Yes (John 1:32, 33)
*. No (Matthew 11:2)
44. According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness?
*. If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true (John 5:3 1)
*. Even if I do bear witness to myself, my testimony is true (John 8:14)
45. When Jesus entered Jerusalem did he cleanse the temple that same day?
*. Yes (Matthew 21:12)
*. No. He went into the temple and looked around,but since it was very late he did nothing. Instead, he went to Bethany to spend the night and returned the next morning to cleanse the temple (Mark I 1:1- 17)
46. The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig tree. Did the tree wither at once?
*. Yes. (Matthew 21:19)
*. No. It withered overnight (Mark II: 20)
47. Did Judas kiss Jesus?
*. Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)
*. No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)
48. What did Jesus say about Peters denial?
*. The cock will not crow till you have denied me three times (John 13:38)
*. Before the cock crows twice you will deny me three times (Mark 14:30) . When the cock crowed once, the three denials were not yet complete (see Mark 14:72). Therefore prediction (a) failed.
49. Did Jesus bear his own cross?
*. Yes (John 19:17)
*. No (Matthew 27:31-32)
50. Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn?
*. Yes (Matthew 27:50-51; Mark lS:37-38)
*. No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus crying with a loud voice, said, Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! And having said this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46)
51. Did Jesus say anything secretly?
*. No. I have said nothing secretly (John 18:20)
*. Yes. He did not speak to them without a parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained everything (Mark 4:34). The disciples asked him Why do you speak to them in parables? He said, To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given (Matthew 13: 1 0-11)
52. Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?
*. On the cross (Mark 15:23)
*. In Pilates court (John 19:14)
53. The gospels say that two thieves were crucified along with Jesus. Did both thieves mock Jesus?
*. Yes (Mark 15:32)
*. No. One of them mocked Jesus, the other defended Jesus (Luke 23:43)
54. Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?
*. Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will be with me in Paradise (Luke 23:43)
*. No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, I have not yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)
55. When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice. Did those who were with him hear the voice?
*. Yes (Acts9:7)
*. No (Acts22:9)
56. When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling companions also fall to the ground?
*. Yes (Acts 26:14)
*. No (Acts 9:7)
57. Did the voice spell out on the spot what Pauls duties were to be?
*. Yes (Acts 26:16-18)
*. No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the city of Damascus and there he will be told what he must do. (Acts9:7;22: 10)
58. When the Israelites dwelt in Shittin they committed adultery with the daughters of Moab. God struck them with a plague. How many peopledied in that plague?
*. Twenty-four thousand (Numbers 25:1 and 9)
*. Twenty-three thousand (I Corinthians 10:cool
59. How many members of the house of Jacob came to Egypt?
*. Seventy souls (Genesis 4 & 27)
*. Seventy-five souls (Acts 7:14)
60. What did Judas do with the blood money he received for betraying Jesus?
*. He bought a field (Acts 1: 18)
*. He threw all of it into the temple and went away. The priests could not put the blood money into the temple treasury, so they used it to buy a field to bury strangers (Matthew 27:5)
61. How did Judas die?
*. After he threw the money into the temple he went away and hanged himself (Matthew 27:5)
*. After he bought the field with the price of his evil deed he fell headlong and burst open in themiddle and all his bowels gushed out (Acts 1:18)
62. Why is the field called Field of Blood?
*. Because the priests bought it with the blood money (Matthew 27:cool
*. Because of the bloody death of Judas therein (Acts 1:19)
63. Who is a ransom for whom?
*. The Son of Man came...to give his life as a ransom for many (Mark 10:45). Christ Jesus who gave himself as a ransom for all... (I Timothy 2:5-6)
*. The wicked is a ransom for the righteous, and the faithless for the upright (Proverbs 21:18)
64. Is the law of Moses useful?
*. Yes. All scripture is... profitable... (2 Timothy 3:16)
*. No. . . . A former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness... (Hebrews 7:18)
65. What was the exact wording on the cross?
*. This is Jesus the King of the Jews (Matthew 27:37)
*. The King of the Jews (Mark 15:26)
*. This is the King of the Jews (Luke 23:38)
*. Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews (John 19:19)
66. Did Herod want to kill John the Baptist?
*. Yes (Matthew 14:5)
*. No. It was Herodias, the wife of Herod who wanted to kill him. But Herod knew that he was a righteous man and kept him safe (Mark 6:20)
67. Who was the tenth disciple of Jesus in the list of twelve?
*. Thaddaeus (Matthew 10: 1-4; Mark 3:13 -19)
*. Judas son of James is the corresponding name inLukes gospel (Luke 6:12-16)
68. Jesus saw a man sitat the tax collectors office and called him to be his disciple. What was his name?
*. Matthew (Matthew 9:9)
*. Levi (Mark 2:14; Luke 5:27)
69. Was Jesus crucified on the daytime before the Passover meal or the daytime after?
*. After (Mark 14:12-17)
*. Before. Before the feast of the Passover (John 1)Judas went out at night (John 13:30). The other disciples thought he was going out to buy supplies to prepare for the Passover meal (John 13:29). When Jesus was arrested, the Jews did not enter Pilates judgment hail because they wanted to stay clean to eat the Passover (John 18:28). When the judgment was pronounced against Jesus, it was about the sixth hour on the day of Preparation for the Passover (John 19:14)
70. Did Jesus pray to The Father to prevent the crucifixion?
*. Yes. (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42)
*. No. (John 12:27)
71. In the gospels which say that Jesus prayed to avoid the cross, how many times did he move away from his disciples to pray?
*. Three (Matthew 26:36-46 and Mark 14:32-42)
*. One. No opening is left for another two times. (Luke 22:39-46)
72. Matthew and Mark agree that Jesus went away and prayed three times. What were the words of the second prayer?
*. Mark does not give the words but he says that the words were the same as the first prayer (Mark 14:3 9)
*. Matthew gives us the words, and we can see that they are not the same as in the first (Matthew 26:42)
73. What did the centurion say when Jesus dies?
*. Certainly this man was innocent (Luke 23:47)
*. Truly this man was the Son of God (Mark 15:39)
74. When Jesus said My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken Me ? in what language did he speak?
*. Hebrew: the words are Eloi, Eloi ..(Matthew 27:46)
*. Aramaic: the words are Eloi, Eloi .. (Mark 15:34)
75. According to the gospels, what were the last words of Jesus before he died?
*. Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! (Luke 23:46)
*. "It is finished" (John 19:30)
76. When Jesus entered Capernaum he healed the slave of a centurion. Did the centurion come personally to request Jesus for this?
*. Yes (Matthew 8:5)
*. No. He sent some elders of the Jews and his friends (Luke 7:3,6)
*. Adam was told that if and when he eats the forbidden fruit he would die the same day (Genesis 2:17)
*. Adam ate the fruit and went on to live to a ripe old age of 930 years (Genesis 5:5)
*. God decided that the life-span of humans will be limited to 120 years (Genesis 6:3)
*. Many people born after that lived longer than 120. Arpachshad lived 438 years. His son Shelah lived 433 years. His son Eber lived 464 years, etc.(Genesis 11:12-16)
79. Apart from Jesus did anyone else ascend to heaven?
*. No (John 3:13)
*. Yes. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven (2 Kings 2:11)
80. Who was high priest when David went into the house of God and ate the consecrated bread?
*. Abiathar (Mark 2:26)
*. Ahimelech, the father of Abiathar (I Samuel 1:1;22:20)
81. Was Jesus body wrapped in spices before burial in accordance with Jewish burial customs?
*. Yes and his female disciples witnessed his burial (John 19:39-40)
*. No. Jesus was simply wrapped in a linen shroud. Then the women bought and prepared spices sothat they may go and anoint him [Jesus) (Mark 16: 1)
82. When did the women buy the spices?
*. After the Sabbath was past (Mark 16:1)
*. Before the Sabbath. The women prepared spices and ointments. Then, on the Sabbath theyrested according to the commandment (Luke 23:55 to 24:1)
83. At what time of day did the women visit the tomb?
*. Toward the dawn (Matthew 28: 1)
*. When the sun had risen (Mark 16:2)
84. What was the purpose for which the women went to the tomb?
*. To anoint Jesus body with spices (Mark 16: 1; Luke 23:55 to 24: 1)
*. To see the tomb. Nothing about spices here (Matthew 28: 1)
*. For no specified reason. In this gospel the wrapping with spices had been done before theSabbath (John 20: 1)
85. A large stone was placed at the entrance of the tomb. Where was the stone when the womenarrived?
*. They saw that the stone was Rolled back (Mark 16:4) They found the stone rolled away from the tomb (Luke 24:2) They saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb (John 20:1)
*. As the women approached, an angel descendedfrom heaven, rolled away the stone, and conversed with the women. Matthew made the women witness the spectacular rolling away of the stone (Matthew 28:1-6)
86. Did anyone tell the women what happened toJesus body?
*. Yes. A young man in a white robe (Mark 16:5). Two men ... in dazzling apparel later described as angels (Luke 24:4 and 24:23). An angel - the one who rolled back the stone (Matthew 16:2). In each case the women were told that Jesus had risen from the dead (Matthew 28:7; Mark 16:6; Luke 24:5 footnote)
*. No. Mary met no one and returned saying, They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him (John 20:2)
87. When did Mary Magdelene first meet the resurrected Jesus? And how did she react?
*. Mary and the other women met Jesus on their way back from their first and only visit to the tomb. They took hold of his feet and worshipped him (Matthew 28:9)
*. On her second visit to the tomb Mary met Jesus just outside the tomb. When she saw Jesus she did not recognize him. She mistook him for the gardener. She still thinks that Jesus body is laid to rest somewhere and she demands to know where. But when Jesus said her name she at once recognized him and called him Teacher. Jesus said to her, Do not hold me... (John 20:11 to 17)
88. What was Jesus instruction for his disciples?
*. Tell my brethren to go to Galilee, and there theywill see me (Matthew 2 8: 10)
*. Go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God (John 20:17)
89. When did the disciples return to Galilee?
*. Immediately, because when they saw Jesus in Galilee some doubted (Matthew 28:17). This period of uncertainty should not persist
*. After at least 40 days. That evening the disciples were still in Jerusalem (Luke 24:3 3). Jesus appeared to them there and told them, stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high (Luke 24:49). He was appearing to them during forty days (Acts 1:3), and charged them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise ... (Acts 1:4)
90. To whom did the Midianites sell Joseph?
*. To the Ishmaelites (Genesis 37:28)
*. To Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh (Genesis 37:36)
91. Who brought Joseph to Egypt?
*. The Ishmaelites bought Joseph and then took Joseph to Egypt (Genesis 37:28)
*. The Midianites had sold him in Egypt (Genesis 37:36)
*. Joseph said to his brothers I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt (Genesis 45:4)
92. Does God change his mind?
*. Yes. The word of the Lord came to Samuel: I repent that I have made Saul King... (I Samuel 15:10 to 11)
*. No. God will not lie or repent; for he is not a man, that he should repent (I Samuel 15:29)
Yes. And the Lord repented that he had made SaulKing over Israel (I Samuel 15:35). Notice that the above three quotes are all from the same chapterof the same book! In addition, the Bible shows that God repented on several other occasions:
i. The Lord was sorry that he made man (Genesis 6:6)
I am sorry that I have made them (Genesis 6:7)
ii. And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do to his people (Exodus 32:14).
iii. (Lots of other such references).
93. The Bible says that for each miracle Moses and Aaron demonstrated the magicians did the same by their secret arts. Then comes the following feat:
*. Moses and Aaron converted all the available water into blood (Exodus 7:20-21)
*. The magicians did the same (Exodus 7:22). This is impossible, since there would have been no water left to convert into blood.
94. Who killed Goliath?
*. David (I Samuel 17:23, 50)
*. Elhanan (2 Samuel 21:19)
95. Who killed Saul?
*. Saul took his own sword and fell upon it.... Thus Saul died... (I Samuel 31:4-6)
*. An Amalekite slew him (2 Samuel 1:1- 16)
96. Does every man sin?
*. Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810)
*. No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.. (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (I John 1:cool
97. Who will bear whose burden?
*. Bear one anothers burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2)
*. Each man will have to bear his own load (Galatians 6:5)
98. How many disciples did Jesus appear to after his resurrection?
*. Twelve (I Corinthians 15:5)
*. Eleven (Matthew 27:3-5 and Acts 1:9-26, see also Matthew 28:16; Mark 16:14 footnote; Luke 24:9; Luke 24:3 3)
99. Where was Jesus three days after his baptism?
*. After his baptism, the spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. And he was in the wilderness forty days ... (Mark 1:12-13)
*. Next day after the baptism, Jesus selected two disciples. Second day: Jesus went to Galilee - two more disciples. Third day: Jesus was at a wedding feast in Cana in Galilee (see John 1:35; 1:43; 2:1-11)
100. Was baby Jesus life threatened in Jerusalem?
*. Yes, so Joseph fled with him to Egypt and stayedthere until Herod died (Matthew 2:13 23)
*. No. The family fled nowhere. They calmly presented the child at the Jerusalem temple according to the Jewish customs and returned toGalilee (Luke 2:21-40)
101. When Jesus walked on water how did the disciples respond?
*. They worshipped him, saying, Truly you are the Son of God (Matthew 14:33)
*. They were utterly astounded, for they did not understand about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened (Mark 6:51-52) is this book truly ''HOLY'' ? What Qur'an says about the bible: Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from Allah," to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby. Quran 2.79 (Surat Al-Bakarah , verse 79) http://www.missionislam.com/comprel/biblecontra.html
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 17, 2013
Is it possible! Have i actually finished shocked my brother, what are you trying to say in summary?? Huh?
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by alameenLM(m): 5:03am On Jan 17, 2013
Jan8: Is it possible! Have i actually finished shocked my brother, what are you trying to say in summary?? Huh?
In summary, the bible isn't HOLY & its definitely not the words of a God worth worshipping.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 17, 2013
alameenLM: In summary, the bible isn't HOLY & its definitely not the words of a God worth worshipping.
wow...you sound convinced. You a christian or muslim?
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Mucokey(m): 5:35am On Jan 17, 2013
Wow! Intriguing n insightful, buh requires some true discerning n spiritual eyes n minds to understand n interpret all these .....
#subscribing
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by FXKing2012(m): 5:56am On Jan 17, 2013
alameenLM: In summary, the bible isn't HOLY & its definitely not the words of a God worth worshipping.
You are a jobless eeeeediot so the devil gave u a job to manufacture flaws in the Holy Bible in order to dissuade people from believing and serving God.

How could someone who is neither a Christian nor have the spiritual standing to understand and interpret the Bible talk about the contents of the Bible?

You and your master have already failed!
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Goshen360(m): 6:08am On Jan 17, 2013
The word of God is under attack in our days and generation. There's NO CONTRADICTION WHATSOEVER IN THE WORD OF GOD THAT WE SERVE. We serve a Living God.

@ Op, what is the reward if ALL your questions are clearly answered with crystal clear explanations Your ignorance is another man's knowledge! Tell me the rewards and let's start to give your answers.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by moredendisc: 6:46am On Jan 17, 2013
Goshen360:

The word of God is under attack in our days and generation.

There's NO CONTRADICTION WHATSOEVER IN THE WORD OF GOD THAT WE SERVE. We serve a Living God.

@ Op, what is the reward if ALL your questions are clearly answered with crystal clear explanations

Your ignorance is another man's knowledge!

Tell me the rewards and let's start to give your answers.

It's easy to spot a neophyte, particularly an ignoramus, when you see one.

This is water off a duck's back.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Goshen360(m): 6:53am On Jan 17, 2013
moredendisc:

It's easy to spot a neophyte, particularly an ignoramus, when you see one.

This is water off a duck's back.

So I should spend my time answering his copy and paste work without any assurance of rewards? Do you understand the meaning of TIME
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Abbey2sam(m): 7:19am On Jan 17, 2013
Mr op you mumu o
Just know what you say about God,
The bible(word of God) is not contradictory in anyway

I can't fight for God
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by rodeo0070(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2013
Contradictions or not, still does not change who GOD is.
GOD STILL REMAINS GOD.
And as for me o! ME AND MY HOUSEHOLD WILL SERVE THE LORD...

2 Likes

Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by moredendisc: 8:05am On Jan 17, 2013
Goshen360:

So I should spend my time answering his copy and paste work without any assurance of rewards?

Do you understand the meaning of TIME

grin Why should you be answering OP, especially when it was noted OP is a a neophyte, an ignoramus for that matter.

OP's post needed to let roll off like "water off a ducks back" without answering

grin grin Goshen360 got his knickers in a twist grin grin

Yes, I do understand the meaning of TIME - Time is gold. Precious. grin SMH
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Goshen360(m): 8:12am On Jan 17, 2013
moredendisc:

grin Why should you be answering OP, especially when it was noted OP is a a neophyte, an ignoramus for that matter.

OP's post needed to let roll off like "water off a ducks back" without answering

grin grin Goshen360 got his knickers in a twist grin grin

Yes, I do understand the meaning of TIME - Time is gold. Precious. grin SMH

Yeah, you got me twisted...nice one! grin grin grin. Thanks bro.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by moredendisc: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2013
Goshen360:

Yeah, you got me twisted...nice one! grin grin grin. Thanks bro.

Bro, do a Nike, have a Kit-Kat,

you know you want to, especially when your bed is calling

# Go to bed! Go and sleep abeggy
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Goshen360(m): 8:25am On Jan 17, 2013
No mind me bro, I live in a different world. Mine is not sleep o'clock yet. Thank for the care.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 17, 2013
Goshen360: No mind me bro, I live in a different world. Mine is not sleep o'clock yet. Thank for the care.

morning bro, sorry I have not emailed you , i agree in principle to the content of your mail.

May skype you this weekend.

In the mean time , don't waste your precious time with the Jihadist who opened this thread and his 101 copy and paste questions, you will just get dragged into a pointless argument.

If the Holy Spirit has not drawn such a one or revealed the scriptures, it will all be in vain. God knows those who are his.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babkazy: 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
FXKing2012:
You are a jobless eeeeediot so the devil gave u a job to manufacture flaws in the Holy Bible in order to dissuade people from believing and serving God.

How could someone who is neither a Christian nor have the spiritual standing to understand and interpret the Bible talk about the contents of the Bible?

You and your master have already failed!
stop blah blah defend ur bible if u can.......

1 Like

Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by FXKing2012(m): 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
babkazy: stop blah blah defend ur bible if u can.......
I dont owe it to u or anybody for that matter to defend the Bible. In fact, the Word of God does not need defending.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by thehomer: 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
FXKing2012:
I dont owe it to u or anybody for that matter to defend the Bible. In fact, the Word of God does not need defending.

NIV Bible:
1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

You should be ready to defend your faith according to your Bible.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Enigma(m): 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
FXKing2012:

Correct! The Bible does not say that a Christian has to give an answer to every nonsensical thing or stoopid question put to him ----- no matter that misinformed people with poor comprehension or fraudulent and duplicitous people like to quote the passage about giving reason for one's hope. smiley
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by JeSoul(f): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
Shoot...me self I can copy and paste...

Supposed "101 contradictions" refuted point for point -

1. Does God incite David to conduct the census of his people (2 Samuel 4:1), or does Satan (1 Chronicles 21:1)?

(Category: misunderstood how God works in history)

This seems an apparent discrepancy unless of course both statements are true. It was towards the end of David's reign, and David was looking back over his brilliant conquests, which had brought the Canaanite, Syrian, and Phoenician kingdoms into a state of vassalage and dependency on Israel. He had an attitude of pride and self-admiration for his achievements, and was thinking more in terms of armaments and troops than in terms of the mercies of God.

The Lord therefore decided that it was time that David be brought to his knees, where he would once again be cast back onto the mercy of God. So he let him go ahead with his census, in order to find out just how much good it would do him, as the only thing this census would accomplish would be to inflate the national ego (intimated in Joab's warning against carrying out the census in 1 Chronicles 21:3). As soon as the numbering was completed, God intended to chasten the nation with a disastrous plague which would bring about an enormous loss of life (in fact the lives of 70,000 Israelites according to 2 Samuel 24:15).

What about Satan? Why would he get himself involved in this affair (according to 1 Chronicles 21:1) if God had already prompted David to commit the folly he had in mind? It seems his reasons were entirely malicious, knowing that a census would displease the Lord (1 Chronicles 21:7-cool, and so he also incited David to carry it through.

Yet this is nothing new, for there are a number of other occurrences in the Bible where both the Lord and Satan were involved in soul-searching testings and trials:

In the book of Job, chapters one and two we find a challenge to Satan from God allowing Satan to bring upon Job his calamities. God's purpose was to purify Job's faith, and to strengthen his character by means of discipline through adversity, whereas Satan's purpose was purely malicious, wishing Job as much harm as possible so that he would recant his faith in his God.
Similarly both God and Satan are involved in the sufferings of persecuted Christians according to 1 Peter 4:19 and 5:8. God's purpose is to strengthen their faith and to enable them to share in the sufferings of Christ in this life, that they may rejoice with Him in the glories of heaven to come (1 Peter 4:13-14), whereas Satan's purpose is to 'devour' them (1 Peter 5:cool, or rather to draw them into self-pity and bitterness, and down to his level.
Both God and Satan allowed Jesus the three temptations during his ministry on earth. God's purpose for these temptations was for him to triumph completely over the very tempter who had lured the first Adam to his fall, whereas Satan's purpose was to deflect the saviour from his messianic mission.
In the case of Peter's three denials of Jesus in the court of the high priest, it was Jesus himself who points out the purposes of both parties involvement when he says in Luke 22:31-32, "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
And finally the crucifixion itself bears out yet another example where both God and Satan are involved. Satan exposed his purpose when he had the heart of Judas filled with treachery and hate (John 13:27), causing him to betray Jesus. The Lord's reasoning behind the crucifixion, however, was that Jesus, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world should give his life as a ransom for many, so that once again sinful man could relish in the relationship lost at the very beginning, in the garden of Eden, and thereby enter into a relationship which is now eternal.
Thus we have five other examples where both the Lord and Satan were involved together though with entirely different motives. Satan's motive in all these examples, including the census by David was driven by malicious intent, while the Lord in all these cases showed an entirely different motive. His was a benevolent motive with a view to eventual victory, while simultaneously increasing the usefulness of the person tested. In every case Satan's success was limited and transient; while in the end God's purpose was well served furthering His cause substantially.

(Archer 1982:186-188)

2. 2 Samuel 24:9 gives the total population for Israel as 800,000, whereas 1 Chronicles 21:5 says it was 1,100,000.

(Category: misunderstood the historical context or misunderstood the author's intent)

There are a number of ways to understand not only this problem but the next challenge as well, since they both refer to the same passages and to the same census.

It is possible that the differences between the two accounts are related to the unofficial and incomplete nature of the census (which will be discussed later), or that the book of Samuel presents rounded numbers, particularly for Judah.

The more likely answer, however, is that one census includes categories of men that the other excludes. It is quite conceivable that the 1 Chronicles 21:5 figure included all the available men of fighting age, whether battle-seasoned or not, whereas the 2 Samuel 24:9 account is speaking only of those who were ready for battle. Joab's report in 2 Samuel 24 uses the word 'is hayil, which is translated as "mighty men", or battle-seasoned troops, and refers to them numbering 800,000 veterans. It is reasonable that there were an additional 300,000 men of military age kept in the reserves, but not yet involved in field combat. The two groups would therefore make up the 1,100,000 men in the 1 Chronicles 21 account which does not employ the Hebrew term 'is hayil to describe them.

(Archer 1982:188-189 and Light of Life II 1992:189-190)

3. 2 Samuel 24:9 gives the round figure Of 500,000 fighting men in Judah, which was 30,000 more than the corresponding item in 1 Chronicles 21:5.

(Category: misunderstood the historical context)

Observe that 1 Chronicles 21:6 clearly states that Joab did not complete the numbering, as he had not yet taken a census of the tribe of Benjamin, nor that of Levi's either, due to the fact that David came under conviction about completing the census at all. Thus the different numbers indicate the inclusion or exclusion of particular unspecified groups in the nation. We find another reference to this in 1 Chronicles 27:23-24 where it states that David did not include those twenty years old and younger, and that since Joab did not finish the census the number was not recorded in King David's Chronicle.

The procedure for conducting the census had been to start with the trans-Jordanian tribes (2 Samuel 24:5) and then shift to the northern most tribe of Dan and work southward towards Jerusalem (verse 7). The numbering of Benjamin, therefore, would have come last. Hence Benjamin would not be included with the total for Israel or of that for Judah, either. In the case of 2 Samuel 24, the figure for Judah included the already known figure of 30,000 troops mustered by Benjamin. Hence the total of 500,000 included the Benjamite contingent.

Observe that after the division of the United Kingdom into the North and the South following the death of Solomon in 930 BC, most of the Benjamites remained loyal to the dynasty of David and constituted (along with Simeon to the south) the kingdom of Judah. Hence it was reasonable to include Benjamin with Judah and Simeon in the sub-total figure of 500,000, even though Joab may not have itemized it in the first report he gave to David (1 Chronicles 21:5). Therefore the completed grand total of fighting forces available to David for military service was 1,600,000 (1,100,000 of Israel, 470,000 of Judah-Simeon, and 30,000 of Benjamin).

(Archer 1982:188-189 and Light of Life II 1992:189)

4. 2 Samuel 24:13 mentions that there will be seven years of famine whereas 1 Chronicles 21:12 mentions only three.

(Category: misunderstood the author's intent, and misunderstood the wording)

There are two ways to look at this. The first is to assume that the author of 1 Chronicles emphasized the three-year period in which the famine was to be most intense, whereas the author of 2 Samuel includes the two years prior to and after this period, during which the famine worsened and lessened respectively.

Another solution can be noticed by observing the usage of words in each passage. When you compare the two passages you will note that the wording is significantly different in 1 Chronicles 21 from that found in a 2 Samuel 24. In 2 Samuel 24:13 the question is "shell seven years of famine come to you?" In 1 Chronicles 21:12 we find an alternative imperative, "take for yourself either three years of famine..." From this we may reasonably conclude that 2 Samuel records the first approach of the prophet Gad to David, in which the alternative prospect was seven years; whereas the Chronicles account gives us the second and final approach of Nathan to the King, in which the Lord (doubtless in response to David's earnest entreaty in private prayer) reduced the severity of that grim alternative to three years rather than an entire span of seven. As it turned out, however, David opted for God's third preference, and thereby received three days of severe pestilence, resulting in the deaths of 70,000 men in Israel.

(Archer 1982:189-190 and Light of Life II 1992:190)

5. Was Ahaziah 22 (2 Kings 8:26) or 42 (2 Chronicles 22:2) when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

(Category: copyist error)

Because we are dealing with accounts which were written thousands of years ago, we would not expect to have the originals in our possession today, as they would have disintegrated long ago. We are therefore dependent on the copies taken from copies of those originals, which were in turn continually copied out over a period of centuries. Those who did the copying were prone to making two types of scribal errors. One concerned the spelling of proper names, and the other had to do with numbers.

The two examples of numerical discrepancy here have to do with a decade in the number given. Ahaziah is said to have been 22 in 2 Kings 8:26; while in 2 Chronicles 22:2 Ahaziah is said to have been 42. Fortunately there is enough additional information in the Biblical text to show that the correct number is 22. Earlier in 2 Kings 8:17 the author mentions that Ahaziah's father Joram ben Ahab was 32 when he became King, and he died eight years later, at the age of 40. Therefore Ahaziah could not have been 42 at the time of his father's death at age 40! Such scribal errors do not change Jewish or Christian beliefs in the least. In such a case, another portion of scripture often corrects the mistake (2 Kings 8:26 in this instance). We must also remember that the scribes who were responsible for the copies were meticulously honest in handling Biblical texts. They delivered them as they received them, without changing even obvious mistakes, which are few indeed.

(Refer to the next question for a more in-depth presentation on how scribes could misconstrue numbers within manuscripts)

(Archer 1982:206 and Light of Life II 1992:201)

6. Was Jehoiachin 18 years old (2 Kings 24:cool or 8 years old (2 Chronicles 36:9) when he became king of Jerusalem?

(Category: copyist error)

Once again there is enough information in the context of these two passages to tell us that 8 is wrong and 18 right. The age of 8 is unusually young to assume governmental leadership. However, there are certain commentators who contend that this can be entirely possible. They maintain that when Jehoiachin was eight years old, his father made him co-regent, so that he could be trained in the responsibilities of leading a kingdom. Jehoiachin then became officially a king at the age of eighteen, upon his father's death.

A more likely scenario, however, is that this is yet another case of scribal error, evidenced commonly with numbers. It may be helpful to interject here that there were three known ways of writing numbers in Hebrew. The earliest, a series of notations used by the Jewish settlers in the 5th century BC Elephantine Papyri (described in more detail below) was followed by a system whereby alphabetical letters were used for numbers. A further system was introduced whereby the spelling out of the numbers in full was prescribed by the guild of so-perim. Fortunately we have a large file of documents in papyrus from these three sources to which we can refer.

As with many of these numerical discrepancies, it is the decade number that varies. It is instructive to observe that the number notations used by the Jewish settlers in the 5th century BC Elephantine Papyri, during the time of Ezra and Nehemiah, from which this passage comes, evidences the earlier form of numerical notation. This consisted of a horizontal stroke ending in a downward hook at its right end to represent the numbers in tens (thus two horizontal strokes one above the other would be 20). Vertical strokes were used to represent anything less than ten. Thus eight would be /III IIII, but eighteen would be /III IIII with the addition of a horizontal line and downward hook above it. Similarly twenty-two would be /I followed by two horizontal hooks, and forty-two would be /I followed by two sets of horizontal hooks (please forgive the deficiencies of my computer; it is not the scholar Dr. Archer is).

If, then, the primary manuscript from which a copy was being carried out was blurred or smudged, one or more of the decadal notations could be missed by the copyist. It is far less likely that the copyist would have mistakenly seen an extra ten stroke that was not present in his original then that he would have failed to observe one that had been smudged.

In the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible, the corrections have been included in the texts. However, for clarity, footnotes at the bottom of the page mention that earlier Hebrew MSS include the scribal error, while the Septuagint MSS and Syriac as well as one Hebrew MSS include the correct numerals. It only makes sense to correct the numerals once the scribal error has been noted. This, however, in no way negates the authenticity nor the authority of the scriptures which we have.

Confirmation of this type of copyist error is found in various pagan writers as well. For example in the Behistun rock inscription set up by Darius 1, we find that number 38 gives the figure for the slain of the army of Frada as 55,243, with 6,572 prisoners, according to the Babylonian column. Copies of this inscription found in Babylon itself, records the number of prisoners as 6,973. However in the Aramaic translation of this inscription discovered at the Elephantine in Egypt, the number of prisoners was only 6,972.

Similarly in number 31 of the same inscription, the Babylonian column gives 2,045 as the number of slain in the rebellious army of Frawartish, along with 1,558 prisoners, whereas the Aramaic copy has over 1,575 as the prisoner count.

(Archer 1982:206-207, 214-215, 222, 230; Nehls pg.17-18; Light of Life II 1992:204-205)

7. Did king Jehoiachin rule over Jerusalem for three months (2 Kings 24:cool, or for three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)?

(Category: misunderstood the author's intent)

Here again, as we found in challenge number 2 and 4, the author of the Chronicles has been more specific with his numbering, whereas the author of Kings is simply rounding off the number of months, assuming that the additional ten days is not significant enough to mention.

8. Did the chief of the mighty men of David lift up his spear and killed 800 men (2 Samuel 23:cool or only 300 men (1 Chronicles 11:11)?

(Category:misunderstood the historical context or misunderstood the author's intent)

It is quite possible that both authors may have described two different incidents, though by the same man, or one author may have only mentioned in part what the other author mentions in full.

(Light of Life II 1992:187)

9. Did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem after defeating the Philistines (2 Samuel 5 and 6), or before (1 Chronicles chapters 13 and 14)?

(Category: didn't read the entire text)

This is not really a problem. Shabbir Ally should have continued reading on further to 1 Chronicles 15, as he would then have seen that David brought the Ark after defeating the Philistines. The reason for this is that the Israelites moved the Ark of the covenant twice. The first time, they moved it from Baal, prior to the defeat of the Philistines, as we see in 2 Samuel 5 and 6 and in 1 Chronicles 15. Once the prophet Samuel narrates David's victory over the Philistines, he tells us about both times when the Ark was moved. However in 1 Chronicles, the order is as follows: the Ark was first moved from baal; then David defeated the Philistines; and finally, the Ark was moved from the House of Obed-Edom.

Therefore the two accounts are not contradictory at all. What we have here is simply one prophet choosing to give us the complete history of the Ark at once (rather than referring to it later) and another presenting the history in a different way. In both cases the timing of events is the same.

The same could be said of the Qur'an. In Sura 2 we are introduced to the fall of Adam, then God's mercy is shown to the Israelites, followed by Pharaoh's drowning, followed by Moses and the Golden calf, followed by the Israelites complaint about food and water, and then we are introduced to the account of the golden calf again. Following this, we read about Moses and Jesus, then we read about Moses and the golden calf, and then about Solomon and Abraham. If one wants to talk about chronology, what does Moses have to do with Jesus, or Solomon with Abraham? Chronologically the sura should have begun with Adam's fall, then moved to Cain and Abel, Enoch, Abraham, Lot, Isaac, Jacob and Esau, Joseph, the sons of Israel and Moses, in that order. If such a blatant chronological mix-up can be found in this sura of the Qur'an, then Shabbir would do well to explain it before criticizing what they deem to be an error in the Bible.

(Light of Life II 1992:176)

10. Was Noah supposed to bring 2 pairs of all living creatures (Genesis 6:19-20), or was he to bring 7 pairs of 'clean' animals (Genesis 7:2; see also Genesis 7:8,9)?

(Category: misquoted the text)

This indeed is an odd question to raise. It is obvious that Shabbir Ally has misquoted the text in the 6th chapter of Genesis, which makes no mention of any 'clean' animals in its figure, while the 7th chapter specifically delineates between the clean and unclean animals. Genesis 7:2 says Noah was to bring in 7 pairs of 'clean' animals and 2 pairs of every kind of 'unclean' animal. Why did Shabbir not mention the second half of this verse which stipulates 2 pairs in his challenge? It is obvious that there is no discrepancy between the two accounts. The problem is the question itself.

Shabbir attempts to back his argument by mentioning that verses 8 and 9 of chapter 7 prove that only two pairs went into the ark. However, these verses say nothing about two pairs entering the ark. They simply say that it was pairs of clean and unclean animals or birds and creatures which entered the ark.

The reason for including seven of the clean species is perfectly evident: they were to be used for sacrificial worship after the flood had receded (as indeed they were, according to Genesis 8:20). Obviously if there had not been more than two of each of these clean species, they would have been rendered extinct by their being sacrificed on the altar. But in the case of the unclean animals and birds, a single pair would suffice, since they would not be needed for blood sacrifice.

(Archer 1982:81-82)
I will stop at #10 for the sake of the thread crashing...interested? see the rest: http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-bible-contradictions-refuted.htm
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by FXKing2012(m): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
thehomer:

Definitely not when the intent is to ridicule my God, I forbid that.

Titus 3:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 But avoid foolish controversies and
genealogies and arguments and
quarrels about the law, because these
are unprofitable and useless.

2 Cor. 6
14 Do not be yoked together with
unbelievers. For what do
righteousness and wickedness have in
common? Or what fellowship can
light have with darkness? 15 What
harmony is there between Christ and
Belialb? What does a believer have in
common with an unbeliever? 16 What
agreement is there between the
temple of God and idols? For we are
the temple of the living God...
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by thehomer: 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
FXKing2012:

Titus 3:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 But avoid foolish controversies and
genealogies and arguments and
quarrels about the law, because these
are unprofitable and useless.

The contradictions aren't quarrels about the law, but about the contents of the Bible itself from which you claim to derive your knowledge of God.

FXKing2012:
2 Cor. 6
14 Do not be yoked together with
unbelievers. For what do
righteousness and wickedness have in
common? Or what fellowship can
light have with darkness? 15 What
harmony is there between Christ and
Belialb? What does a believer have in
common with an unbeliever? 16 What
agreement is there between the
temple of God and idols? For we are
the temple of the living God...

The contradictions aren't a marriage. So you still need to defend your faith.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by moredendisc: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
babkazy:
stop blah blah defend ur bible if u can.......

FXKing2012:

thehomer:

NIV Bible:
1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.
But do this with gentleness and respect

FXKing2012:

Titus 3:9 New International Version (NIV)
9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and
quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless

2 Cor. 6
14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers.
For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belialb? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God...

Don't you just enjoy these bible verses plucking out bonanza frenzies.

- The pluck out a verse, I'll out do you by plucking out my own verses and wave it/them in your face acts

tongue tongue the na-nana-naa-nah; two-can-play-the-game act!

# OP already was tagged a trouble stirrer
# however JeSoul has gone further to blow wide open his cover
# and also reveal the mischief OP is up to
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by FXKing2012(m): 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
thehomer:

The contradictions aren't quarrels about the law, but about the contents of the Bible itself from which you claim to derive your knowledge of God.

The contradictions aren't a marriage. So you still need to defend your faith.

And what is the difference between the Law and the Word of God? The Word of God (the Bible) is the Law we live by.

Arguing with unbelievers is forming a union/relationship/marriage with them so MUST be avoided.

There is a website where all those cooked-up contradictions has been refuted, if you are jobless or keen enough to search for the so called contradictions then you should also be jobless or keen enough to search for where the so-called contradictions were refuted. But that is if you truly wanna learn and not just up to mischief.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by thehomer: 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
FXKing2012:

And what is the difference between the Law and the Word of God? The Word of God (the Bible) is the Law we live by.

According to your co-Christians, not everything in the Bible is recommended by God. i.e the laws are different from the stories in the Bible. So, the Bible isn't the law, it contains some laws (which are of course terrible).

FXKing2012:
Arguing with unbelievers is forming a union/relationship/marriage with them so MUST be avoided.

So how will you carry out the great commission if you meet an unbeliever?

FXKing2012:
There is a website where all those cooked-up contradictions has been refuted, if you are jobless or keen enough to search for the so called contradictions then you should also be jobless or keen enough to search for where the so-called contradictions were refuted. But that is if you truly wanna learn and not just up to mischief.

Of course there is. But can you actually counter them with concise responses? If you think the responses are good enough, then present them and be ready to defend them when pressed (as your Bible recommends).
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Enigma(m): 11:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
FXKing2012:

In fact for blacmailers, you don't need a response beyond "get thee behind me, satan". smiley
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
Abbey2sam: Mr op you mumu o

I can't fight for God
are u blind if the bible is inspired by God how come your God couldnt give accurate dates and numbers??
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
Abbey2sam: Mr op you mumu o

I can't fight for God
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by FXKing2012(m): 5:18am On Jan 18, 2013
Reski: are u blind if the bible is inspired by God how come your God couldnt give accurate dates and numbers??
ode!
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by FXKing2012(m): 5:21am On Jan 18, 2013
@thehomer, only an unbeliever who genuinely wanna learn deserves my time and effort to explain, not one who is full of blasphemies and just out to mock my belief and my God.
God forbid I waste my time on such.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by thehomer: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
FXKing2012: @thehomer, only an unbeliever who genuinely wanna learn deserves my time and effort to explain, not one who is full of blasphemies and just out to mock my belief and my God.
God forbid I waste my time on such.

How do you decide whether or not I want to learn?

What is blasphemy?

Your God asked you to spend your time on people such as myself. It is up to me to tell you that I do not want to listen anymore and for the sake of politeness, you can then leave me alone. But here, you find me willing to engage and understand and what do you do? You try to weasel your way out and run.

Just keep running.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Chased God Away From My House / The Man Who Calls Himself The Living God Dies From Malaria(photo) / Double Standards In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 227
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.