Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO (2100 Views)

Iworoko Days- The Stories Of Nigerian Students. / Collection Of My Rants / my heart beats for Vengeance- stories Of a sexually Abused Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 11:11am On Jan 17, 2013
Its time to put all the amazing short stories in a THREAD.
This thread is dedicated to all lovers of short stories that keeps the mind smoothly all day.
Morals and Precaution for our daily activities and choice.

Wentin again, ,

You welcome!!!

Have your sit let me entertain you.
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 11:17am On Jan 17, 2013

Agony Of A Barren Woman
Submitted By: Emma Nuel Cosmas.

It was their fifth year without a child after their white wedding.

Love and passionate affection made them overcome wariness and mockery from outside and within their church congregation.
This prompted Pastor and Mrs. Ibem for child adoption.

With her darling's assertion Ife brought home two kids of her choice from a motherless home.
Who would have imagined unrest for the once lovely couple?
Henry was so happy to see the kids she brought, not too long for he discovered a mark on the little girl letter named Juliet, he frowned and ordered that she be returned immediately.

The effect afterward was disagreement.
Perplexed Ife only agreed to return the her only if Henry gives her reasons to do so.
The peace of the family went down years after both couple remained hardened.
Henry started behaving unusual: ate in canteens instead of his matrimonial home; distanced himself from the family; lost his respect for human dignity in that he humiliates all who came his way; worst of all, insatiable love making, which most times turns out to be horrible and weird.

Ife left all to God, praying and watching her now-strange husband, she cried all night and sometimes he joined her and murmurs of life been cruel.

Was it a prayer answered or a new tragic twist on juliet's 12th year birthday party? Her new mom hosted all the members of God's Grace church who could attend.
At the heat of the celebration, Henry came in though tired, exhausted and needed sleep, staggered his way into the guest room and stopped in surprise, caught a gaze at the 12 year old girl in santa attire.
Obviously he was amazed at what he saw.
He hurried into the congregation, grabbed Juliet tight pushed her towards a decorated wall and made his hands for his pocket, bringing out a digital photo camera and ordered a fellow who took snap shots of a father and his daughter.

Surprised! Yes,
The surprise got tensed, day by day, months evolved and years passed by.
He got closer and closer to Juliet.
Ife was happy to see her family united once more.
It was really a prayer answered,
Henry got so fond of Juliet that he drove her around town: to school; his own business functions; ceremonies and shopping-malls.
Such trips means new clothes, beverages, flowers, Teddy bear and ice creams for Juliet.
They had been spotted in beaches and cinemas on many occasion, until people began to call Juliet 'Dad's Wife'.

I the eye of many it was a taboo to see juliet sit on podiums in the church with Pastor Henry Ibem instead of Mrs Ibem, yet she was pleased to see her family happy.

A relief came when Juliet found finally fall in love.
Emmaus a school friend of Jimmy (juliet's adopted brother) spotted Juliet in Henry's car, while leaving her school for home.
He stalked and traced Juliet to Jimmy's house.

He said to himself
"now that I know he is the elder sister to my own best friend, jimmy.
Should I give up this damsel?"

He did not only maneuver his way into Juliet's heart but to the entire household.
He almost made Pastor Henry's house his home, he said to him
"don't sit here to wait for Jimmy, STOP seeing Juliet in my house, I know she's NOT your FRIEND, among my two children, its jimmy that is your friend so I expect you to wait for Jimmy your friend outside my house without Juliet"
Ife supported her husband on this, for fear of intimacy.

When the house was no longer a place to play, talk and dance with her love,
when the house became too bore, and Henry became a threat to Juliet's happiness; Emmaus.
Amidst all this inconvenience from daughter to father and father to daughter,
Juliet left the house for her happiness.

This finally threw the heart of a man away from Pastor Henry Ibem, as he abandoned his pastoral work for weakness.

Mrs. Ibem was the confused person at the centre of all these.
She was perplexed at why her husband has chosen to be the 'woo man version' of a man since Juliet came into the house.
"Why should I have returned Juliet?

She remained kind to her dying husband!
She came inside Pastor Ibem's room, to talk comfort when she noticed her husband was weeping over two pictures.

The first picture was that of Late Christy wearing a santa dress.
Christy was her best friend who was pierced dead on Ifeoluwa's wedding day by an unknown person(s);

The second picture was Juliet, on her birthday wearing santa dress.

Henry confessed to killing Christy when she threatened never to sit and watch him get married to her best friend, when she had a few month old daughter for him.

He said
"I can't help taking Juliet for her, Christy is Juliet's mother, I promised to love her, she is gone with my life again
"I lost contact with Christy whom i loved so much as she went into hiding to protect her pregnancy and my status in church
"I advised her to abort the unborn baby so we can have a white wedding.
I waited for her, I taught she died during abortion only to appear on the eve to our wedding with a daughter for me.
"I killed her out of anger. I realized I just murdered a human being...I pleaded God for forgiveness and I promised to take good care our daughter; Juliet. I took her to a far motherless home after giving her that mark at her back.
"Am sorry I'm a murderer, I lied, but now I see my late for Christy in Juliet"

Will Continue the story if i see reasons to do so.
Collins is working on Chapter 2.
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 11:21am On Jan 17, 2013
I would really need the encouragement of every members of this section to keep pasting my stories.

Please you all should help me become a better writer.
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2013
Hided
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Caracta(f): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2013
I'm not a professional writer o...but do you mind if i criticize this work? Maybe it will help you see things from a reader's point of view.
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
Edited« Space.
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Caracta(f): 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ok then...till you get the full novel. All the best.
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
Updated
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Caracta(f): 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
Nice story but these are my observations:
1. I personally didn't like the use of Pastor Ibem and Mrs Ibem every now and then. Why not replace the names with something simple, e.g Jack and Rose. We know they are married.

2. The use of "Pastor Ibem gave" "Pastor Ibem said" "Pastor Ibem took" etc. at the beginning of certain paragraphs turned me off. You can replace them with pronouns and be careful with your choice of paragraph.

3. I enjoyed the latter part of the story because it flowed well with the use of appropriate pronouns. I had to skim through all the previous paragraphs.

4. I really can't judge the story because this is just an extract. The extract didn't really get to me though.

5. There is a writer in you. Don't bury this talent. Just keep improving. Nobody gets it right in a day. Keep developing yourself. I can't wait to read your novels. Keep it up.
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
wahoo, am happy u did all that for me.
Thank you very much.
I have done justice to it.

Ooo! Thank you very much.
I wil b glad if others can also do me this favour.
U ar welcome.
Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2013

The Traumas

Submitted By: Emma Nuel Cosmas.

When Ada's mom questioned her for walking out of a super market with arms around Ike Mark's shoulder, she never taught of the trauma that could cause.
"It's high time you've made a choice"

Ada's mom queried.
Though Ada felt cherished and Loved with Ike Mark as her boyfriend, but she can't just walk up to him and propose marriage.

This night is a very tasking one for her.
It's time to make a decision, but how? Another Xmas is going by again without any sort of proposal or what so ever from Ike Mark.

"Maybe I will just walk up to him tomorrow and say it my self"

She says in pains and confusion to her friends and mom seated by her side on the bed,

"Haaa! That will be against the African tradition"

Mary adds with a smart dodge, knowing mom will be throwing at her nothing less than the pair of Xmas shoe Ike Mark bought for her and of course she did throw it.

"African tradition?, babe you not getting any younger"

Mom gave her a smile to go ahead.
Ola added

"If you love your Mark, go for him while you can, or else have him go for others”

Ola always stand her ground on issues like this.
She speaks Mom type of words.
Mom is always happy when she is around, tonight she is glad her daughter has a friend like Ola.

Ike Mark is every ladies dream; six-feet-tall; toned and athletic in physique; clean-shaven and sense of smart dressing with humor.

Day by day, Ada and friends would sit fixing and guessing the date when they think her Mr. Right - (Ike Mark) will propose to her.
The trio had fixed early this New year on the ground that it will be marking Ike Mark and Ada's third month in a wonderful relationship.

The guess was wrong, the fun continued as they all expected him to make it big on Ada's birthday in october, yet the whole month got down without a 'be my wife' from the Mr. Right.
All hope were never lost, at least to keep their friend's happiness, they kept the fun by fixing dates and preparing towards it.

But the sitting today is different and hectic for everybody concerned, an average height graduate and a good cook; sexy and elegant.
Heaven knows what else Ike Mark is waiting for.

"I love Mark Rooney, his chivalry and independent"

That is the only response she can figure out from her disturbed self to her friends and mom.

" We've got thousands suitors"
Mom persuades.
Of course mom is not far from the truth, she have made at least acquitance with great men of great community, men with good command of the English language, rich, intelligent, independent, respectable and men with confident.
But Ike Mark and Ada Okeke is the only characters in Ada's world..

"I rather wait for eternity, than marry another suitor"

Not able to convince her daughter, Mrs Okeke leaves the room.
Speechless and in great taught the trio slept off.

It is in another world entirely, the sky was totally black and moving.
The whole Okeke's compound full of birthday flowers neatly spread.
Toys dancing around.
It is Moms birthday, everything is set, Ada could see the house in red paints instead of the usual sky blue, noise all over the house, visitors coming in and out of the house with presents perfectly wrapped.

Ike Mark is the only expected visitor missing.
Just a letter from him.
Ada and friends ran upstairs to read its content, believing it is not ideal for a full grown man to shy away from audio proposal.

"Were is the confidence, proposing to a Lady via a letter in absent"

Ola says, showing disapproval.
Mary supported her, and dashed the hope of reading a marriage proposal via a letter to checking out their appearance with a standing mirror in the room.
Mary and Ola posed to the standing mirror but Ada showed she isn't happy with their decision to forget reading through the content of the letter, she couldn't help but read the short excuse letter aloud.

"Awkward"

Shouted Mary.
Ada remained unhappy and her friends could see the pains through her eye.
Her Ike Mark is not coming for her mothers birthday.
Both friends tries to cheer up their friend.

"We are late, a lot is going on down stairs"

Mary added
"I know your future husband is out there making a home of yours and buying cars of yours"

With a smile Ola said

“And I wish the Ike Mark should hasten up”

With laughter the trio rushes to the door, opening it, is play cards all over the door- alphabetically spelling out some words.
Ordinarily, it should be 'happy birthday', because it is Moms birthday.
But No, Ike Mark stands in the middle of the third word with a key in his hand and a smile on his face.
The trio read out the words aloud

'Be my wife'

It was so loud, in excitement Ada jumped up to give Mark Rooney a hug but slipped and hit her head on the floor, at instance her breath seized.

"What a dream for a poor girl on a christmas eve"

She says to her self,
Waking up with a little ache on her fore head, she saw Ike Mark tapping her head, behold a BMW 2012 series key tingling from his finger.

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Amazing Stories Of Our Time: By EMYO by Emyo(m): 6:19am On Feb 28, 2013
a yan member by name mercy volunteered to write the next chapter of 'THE TRAUMAS'.

LArry sun, you have finally instituted a trend on our writting career.

all thanks to you and nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Photos :biography Of Chief Of Defense Staff Alex Sabundu Badeh / The Most Ridiculous Laws Ever / Behind The Smile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.