Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

FRAUDS AND NIGERIA TODAY - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FRAUDS AND NIGERIA TODAY (833 Views)

Frauds In Nld / Frauds In Nld / Whats Going On In Nigeria Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRAUDS AND NIGERIA TODAY by KENNSAMMY(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
Just of recent, one Mr. Chibuzor Eze reportedly duped a fellow Nairalander. A Nigerian was said to have sold a ghost Yacht to a foreigner by means of the 'order of the day' "yahoo yahoo". These instances are just few of the numerous atrocities some cruel Nigerians have committed and are still devising new means of committing.
This has tarnished a good name that our great nation Nigeria should have. I learnt that Nigeria is now ranked "the number one most notorious nation when it come to Fraudulent act - yahoo yahoo" . Willy-nilly, we have just got to leave with the Tag until the government, institutions, religions, individual and also homes - realize that time it is to take a drastic action towards proving that ranking system erroneous.
One will be very dispirited when he applies a deductive reasoning to the teachings and undertone of some religion leaders' messages; Going by which makes hope seems like a mere dream.
Parents of some incarcerated swindlers in recent past only remember to question the source of their son's sudden "level change" when they are imprisoned or given a capital punishment. Even, religions receive tithe and offerings of a known amount for each donor freely and joyously - nonetheless because that is even the original message, or should we call it 'inherent love of money' , and so , who cares where the money came from.
What other thing there exist that can take one by surprise than 'the irrational view of those who are involve in the act in question, and that of some unscrupulous individuals around', - saying " Internet fraud and Yahooyahoo is the black nations' means of getting our back on the colonial masters", how heartbreaking!
Some said " things are really tough in the country and hope of having a working system again - in the face of Our leaders greed - embezzling every frighteningly huge some of money continuously and nothing seems to be done about it - seems to be a mere dream. So they decided to use what they have in a wrong way to get what they don't have - imagine!
What then can be done about it now, - even, with the available system? I deem it very easy, if we really want to bring this sky-rocketing and image tarnishing act under control.
First, we all remember that the nation used to be without data base. But now we have! ask me which one - i will point to the recent(NCC) all telephone numbers registration on the mandate that "any one not registered should be block - all withing a given period of time" Also that any case of sim cad lost must be reported or retrieved forthwith. Since then, no sim is sold and allowed to operate if intelligent terms and conditions are not satisfied. Taking you a little down the memory lane - your picture was taken...? The questions are, are these numbers not used during scamming processes?
Also, opening of various accounts in our banking system - i am sure is not with Spanners and pliers. But instead you and i know that before you were ascribed the account number you are using presently , your very clear passport photograph was submitted and passed through different confirmation processes. How then , can we say that your bank doesn't have your details - supposing you are were reported and ascertained a 'swindler'. It is true that revealing a client details defies banking rules? -i guess not when the owner keeps holing.
In just a little while longer, no Fraudster will go Scot free and now is the time. Money laundry is presently illegal, and so, make sure you pay no such amount you can't for-go to anyone in cash. Banks and NCC are now at least expected to work with the government in fishing out all these perpetrators.
Re: FRAUDS AND NIGERIA TODAY by KENNSAMMY(m): 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
if understand what i meant, thats my own candid opinion. u can shed little more light on it.
Re: FRAUDS AND NIGERIA TODAY by KENNSAMMY(m): 11:19am On Jun 22, 2013
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has fixed June 30 as the deadline for the conclusion of Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card registration.
Re: FRAUDS AND NIGERIA TODAY by black101(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
This phone number 08062867315 is a scam, bearing the name "Engr Mike/Francis" and would tell you that he wants to buy one Power Coc material, Model SPM type: 108AA that they can buy at ₦200,000 and sell at ₦280,000. Just it's a fraud. I felt the need to put this online for anyone searching

(1) (Reply)

Almost Scammed On Ebay / Magun (thunderbolt) Something / 10 Healthy Benefits Of Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.