Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Smart Me!!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Smart Me!!!! (623 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Smart Me!!!! by Penssuwa(m): 3:48am On Jan 18, 2013
He walked around the first three columns just like a reverend without a Parish. Questions falling here and there like heavy rain in the early dry season. “You! Not you”, “I mean you over there!” “stop looking at the back and answer my question!” he says, as he points at someone spontaneously like a victim picking his suspect in an identification parade. My unprepared mind kept worrying: “what question is he going to ask next?” “Wow! these questions are not in the curriculum.” “Is it only my side that is visible to him?”
Seated at the edge of the 2nd column of 2nd row was me, a conspicuous position indeed. I failed to prepare for the lecture as I was busy engaging in the futile battle of academic superiority at the group meeting a night before. Luckily for me, a familiar question was asked. Without waiting for another opportunity I raised my hand to avoid being asked a tougher question. Still repeating the question; the lecturer walked by, ignoring my hand. Unknown to the hand, the question has been answered at the back and another one asked. “Yes, young man, tell us the procedure of instituting a criminal action in the magistrate court…” “cheiii! this is not the question he asked b4,” I murmured. I looked up and down, no way to escape the self invited problem as eyes were watching in high expectations. (I dey cry say yawa done gass, kasala come burst join). This is the height of a fundamental crappy show of shame. Stylishly, I put off the microphone in my hand, mumbled some indistinct words and tapped the microphone as if it is the mic’s fault. That does not still salvage the only Member of the Standing Committee. As a sharp dude & a true lion from the wildest den, I answered; “sir, I was raising hand to ask the same question u asked, I’m confused on where to draw the line between the grades of magistrate court.” The man shouted; “stop pre-empting me, don’t show others that you’ve read ahead, I’ll still get there.”
That is from frying-pan to cold water. BLESSED ARE YOU WHEN YOU STAND TRIALS FOR HE WILL GIVE YOU WORDS TO SPEAK

(1) (Reply)

Project Material Is Needed For An English Language Student! / Why I’ll Never Gossip Again / An Eulogy To My Almighty!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.