Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

As You Search Online For Jobs, Beware Of This Like This - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As You Search Online For Jobs, Beware Of This Like This (643 Views)

The Best Way To Apply For Jobs Online! / Submit Your CV Online For Current Access Bank Job / See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As You Search Online For Jobs, Beware Of This Like This by neksummi(m): 4:58am On Mar 01, 2008
I felt i should make this post here because i know opportunity seekers could be very desperate. The story below has just helped me close the chapter on an opportunity i've been seeing on the internet but was not sure of.
Read this person's pathetic story.

"I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my message but I've recently discovered that DataEntryCompany.com is in fact a very poor and misleading Internet Marketing Strategy

On February 29th 2008, I came across a website called DataEntryCompany.com. You've probably heard of it or you wouldn't be looking at this page now. They claim that over 21,256 people worldwide who joined them are now living the life you dream of. Being curious I first googled the web for experiences others might have had with them. The articles I found all sounded surprisingly positive - gee, I now wonder who wrote these - so I registered with them, paid US$49,- using my credit card, eager to finally start making some money as promised on their website. Having received a confirmation email, I logged in on their site and started going through their instructional steps which are as follows.

Step 1.
They're of course first welcoming you to their member's area, saying they're glad that you have decided to follow your dreams of a better life and stuff like that, reminding you that this is not an hourly position and that, unlike those who work on an hourly basis, you are paid for your performance, not simply the time you invest in the program. The companies you later on choose to work with will be paying you commission. You can make money ($5 to $75) for each sale that your ad leads to.

They then ask you to check that you have what is needed to succeed, which are 4 things:
1) an active internet connection
2) concentration
3) a credit card; they suggest you keep your credit card ready in case you decide to sign up for an ad program such as Google Adwords, to help you increase your money-making potential.
4) perseverance

Step 2.
Visit ClickBank, setup a free account and tell them where all those soon-to-be-received-bank-cheques are to be sent to.

Step 3.
Setup a partner and select the industry and company you'd like to work with.

Step 4.
Have your own website. - Pardon me? What do I need my own website for?

Their explanation is that Yahoo Advertising which you will be introduced to in the next step, does not allow more than one linking partner per URL per keyword. By having your own multi-page website, you have access to many URLs and you can - as they say it - thus join many different companies to your site.

If you already have your own website, you're a step ahead of the game. If you don't, no problem. DataEntryCompany is there to help you out. They offer you your own website for $4.95 per month, saying that "that's a real steal!"

Well, I do have my own site, in fact I have several, so there's no additional cost for me there. But let's take a look at the next step, shall we?

The next step was my wake-up call and says it's necessary to sign up with Yahoo! Search Marketing which, you've guessed it, is far from free. Without going into full details as to what Yahoo! Search Marketing exactly is, I can tell you that each time a web visitor clicks on your ad, a certain amount of money is deducted from your Search Marketing account which you have to pay for.

I have setup both Yahoo! Search Marketing and Google Adwords accounts in the past when one of my previous employers asked me to and believe me, it's definitely not something you can learn in a day, let alone minutes if you're not familiar with internet marketing.

My advise is, do not get involved with DataEntryCompany.

Cheers, Danny"

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Corpers Batch A Test / Please Has Any Heard Form Fidelity Bank After The Second Interview In Abuja / Baker Hughes Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.