Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! (10011 Views)

Learn How To Make Small Chops In 2days (sat & Sun) For Just N3000 (see Pic) / Free Floor For Parties And Event@lydias Place Restaurant And Lounge / Small Chops: Our Price List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by tony1980: 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
HOW TO SET-UP A MINI BUSINESS, SUPPLYING SMALL-CHOPS AND COCK-TAIL DRINKS AT PARTIES AND OTHER SOCIAL EVENTS.

INTRODUCTION
Do you know that the economic down-turn has not deterred Nigerians from celebrating as they please? Well, it’s not surprising, when other nations regard us as the happiest people on earth. This is because, we love to party. Nigerians and especially Lagosians cannot but, celebrate occasions such as Birthdays, Naming Ceremonies, Coronations, Anniversaries, Launchings, Wedding and Even Funeral Ceremonies.

PLEASE NOTE: For Other Money Making and Business Generating Ideas click on my website at tonylaptops247 below right now!
And when you get to my website, Click on the E-Books webpage of my website.

WHAT ARE SMALL CHOPS?
According to Temitope Adeoti, Chief Executive Officer, J2V5 Craft World & Training Centre based in 3B, Nurudeen Street, off Akinremi, Anifowoshe, Ikeja, Lagos. Small chops are light meats and are also called finger foods. Examples of these light meals are; Spring Rolls, Samosa, Fish Finger, Fish In Batter, Chicken In Batter, Masa (Corn), Masa (Banana) Yamarita (Yam Balls), Puff-Puff, Meat Balls, Pepper Snail, Pepper Steak, Beef Pocket, Pepperonata Gizzard, Prawns In Batter, just to mention a few.

COCK-TAIL DRINKS.
Cocktail drinks can be defined as an alcohol or non-alcohol drinks consisting of spirit or several spirits mixed together with fruits juice to achieve a desired taste. It can also be defined as any mixture of liquid substances, flavoured juice or natural fruits such as Apple, Oranges, Water Melon, Mangoes, Banana, Coconut, Strawberry just to mention a few.
Examples of cock-tail drinks are Chapman, Ice Caprichino, Ice On The Rock, Sunset, Pina Colad, Frozen Strawberry, Blue Lagoon, Juice Swing, Canadian Coconut, Coffee Shake, just to mention a few.

WHY SHOULD YOU START THIS BUSINESS?
You should set-up this business because; it is a money spinning business of all time. It is a business that moves all year round. People need to eat and drink at events no matter the season. This therefore, means that you will always be in business. Small-chops and cock-tail drinks supply is a business that one can easily set-up and feed a whole family with. For example, I know a woman in Lagos, with just like myself, who does small-chops and supplies them at parties and today, she has trained all her children up to the university level.

WAYS OF MAKING MONEY WITH SMALL-CHOPS AND COCK-TAIL DRINKS.
1. You can make and supply them directly to celebrants or go through party planners.
2. If you do not want to go through the stress of producing the small-chops by yourself, you can act as a supplier. You can get small-chops like Samosa and spring rolls and supply them at events and make money. There are some small-chops like puff-puff, Masa and others that need to be fried at event venues so, as to serve them fresh and you can always get people to do this and pay them.
3. The third way through which one can make money with small-chops is via training. One can make good money training people on how to make small-chops. To train on how to make small chops, trainers charge between N10, 000 to N15, 000 or even more per person depending on the location. If you are able to train at least 10 persons per week, that is an income of N100, 000 to N150, 000 for you.

HOW TO START THIS BUSINESS.
This has always been my advise-do not go into any business that you know so little about. If you go into any business that you do not have the practical knowledge of, you will be at the mercy of your workers who can disappoint or even frustrate you at any point in time. However, once you have the knowledge, you can always train others to do the job for you.

WHAT YOU MUST PUT IN PLACE.
1. Work-space (it could be in your room or your kitchen).
2. A table with Formica top.
3. Oven, gas stove or ordinary kerosene stove.
4. Pots and frying pans.
5. Knives, plastic bowls and spoons (big and small).
6. Apron and face cap to avoid hair from what you are making.
Some common items needed to prepare small-chops includes; carrots, cabbage, minced meat, snail, gizzard, chicken, flour, yeast, beef, croaker fish, yam (for yam balls). For cock-tail the following items are basic; fruit juices of various brands and flavours, glass cups, ice cubes, flavouring essence, banana etc.

WHERE DO I GET THE MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE BUSINESS?
They can be purchased from the open market but there are some things that you can only get from established supermarkets like Shoprite in Lekki in Lagos and other big supermarkets.

HOW DO I CHARGE?
In this business, you charge per hundred pieces. For example spring rolls and Samosa cost between N50 and N90 or more per piece depending on your location and the ingredients used in filling them. Shrimps are more expensive. So when you use shrimps as filling in making Samosa or spring rolls. It will be more expensive than when cabbage and carrot or beef filling is used. A 100 pieces of spring rolls can be produced in less than one hour with good hands at work.
Your location also determine how to charge, if you are in a location where the cost of living is high like Victoria Island, Lekki, Magodo etc. it’s better to prize high. Do not charges low or else your product will be seen as inferior.
Regarding cock-tail drinks, charging is also per hundred. The price is determined by the quality of the materials used. The location where you are also affects the pricing. Some cock-tail drinks can be mixed and brought to the venue of the event while others are made at the event venue to preserve their freshness. Training for cock-tail drinks is also within the same price range as small-chops.
With proper planning and capable hands, you can supply small-chops and cock-tail drinks at three events or more in a day. The most important thing is to have enough knowledgeable and capable staff that can represent you and deliver on your behalf at such events. You do not have to be there by yourself.

HOW DO I GET CUSTOMERS?
Getting customers in this business is usually through referrals. That is, someone who has tasted your small-chops and cock-tail drinks will find it easier to introduce you to his/her other friends than someone who has not. Also, it’s good to advertise in papers, event magazines, on the internet, through handbills, fliers, notice boards in your churches and communities.

HOT SPOTS WHERE YOU CAN SUPPLY SMALL-CHOPS AND COCK-TAIL DRINKS.
Focus on parties, Annual General Meetings, Launchings, Seminars, Hotels, and Weddings. You can also liaise with event planners.

See you at the bank!

3 Likes

Re: Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by Floxxi(f): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
This is interesting i really enjoyed your write-up and your contribution to human development. More power to your elbow, but how much does your e-book costs.
Re: Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by boneyone(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
Quite enlightening and free...very impressed!!
Re: Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by pearldrops(f): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
I am into small chops and so far I've extended my services to established companies. You can send mail let's discuse if you require my services funkenu@yahoo.com.
Re: Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by mandy1990: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
I do small chops too. Dats my number 08078591410.
Re: Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
Thanks for this write up it's a detailed one. Pls must I have a freezer and food processor before I can start? Thanks.
Re: Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by askIdorenyin(f): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2017
For your small chops call me 08166478146
Delivery to any location within Lagos
Prices vary but same great taste.Just a slight difference in quantity
Re: Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by eyinola: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2017
Contact us for any type of finger foods.. We do it better.. Call or watsap 08187730564

Re: Supply Small-chops And Cock-tail Drinks At Parties And Other Social Events Now ! by Teekay123(f): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
Contact us 08039208988 for your quick foods

(1) (Reply)

Silver White Mercury Available For Sale!!! / Soap, Washing Powder & Detergents Making Machines (pictures) / Buy And Sell Dollars, E-curriencies Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.