Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Lamentations Of An Upcoming Artist - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lamentations Of An Upcoming Artist (898 Views)

5 Steps To Blow As An Upcoming Artist / How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free / An Upcoming Artist Beefs Mr Ibu And Dede One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamentations Of An Upcoming Artist by Jyde89: 6:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
I agree that talent alone does not do it when it come's to being successfull as a music artiste in Nigeria, but what do you call it when an individual could sing, write song's and play the keyboard(To a level) yet your people still doubt your ability to deliver.

My dream is to one day become a world renowned gospel music artiste, and ever since the day i realised i would'nt like to do any other thing except for music, i have been striving all my best at being the best at what i do. Learnt how to play a musical instrument, did intensive vocal training's (still doing it), joined different group's to improve my skill as regard's singing, and singing every week in church or any other place cos the truth is, that is the only thing i dont struggle to do.

But my challenge is that though they see the talent in me, though some of them are convinced that i could literarily bring the heaven's down when it comes to singing, when ever i seek thier help to boost my musical carear; all i hear is why dont you study first then you can think of going into music, my question is why should i study a course i have absolutely no interest in just because i want to gain the acceptance of some people who have thier live's to live and not mine? And who say's studying music in local church and being good at it does'nt make you a music graduate, i've gone to minister in a church before where the pastor offered me the position of the choir H.O.D but i declined the offer due to the fact many of the chorister's in my church have gone to school and i also want to start a music school whereby the children and teenager's in my church will be trained on the rudiment's of music as well as learning how to play the recorder or hermoniker.

One of my plan's this year is to record at least four single's with or without the help or approverl of any body, though i'm concerned about my church's ministry but the truth is if i die today, the church will move on so i've to focus more on my ministry cos if God wanted me to be a jounalist or a lawyer, he would'nt have given me the ability to write over hundred song's, i gained admission to the Nigerian institute of jounalism last year but i chose instead to use the registration fee in organising a gospel music concert, to many of you it may sound stupid but to me it isn't, music is what i'm cut out to do, it is my life wire, it gave my life a meaning and i dont intend leave it for any thing in this world, though people think am in N.I.J, i just smile believing that success for me in my musical carear will do more than erase thier disapointment at discovering that i did'nt actualy go were some them sent me with thier money and if it does'nt, well too bad; this is who i am, it is my purpose, and i will fulfill it.

Am sure thier are many going through what i'm going through right now , trust me you'er not alone, it isn't easy trying to take a path where nobody have ever thread in your family, it might be difficult for them to accept you, but no matter what so long as you believe you've got all it take's to be the best at what you do; never let any one intimidate you. Dont blame them for not believing in you cos at the end of the day, you'er only one seeing where that gift that God has giving you is taken you to, with time they'll come around, but what ever you do; never compromise.
Re: Lamentations Of An Upcoming Artist by Mynd44: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Bro, I feel your pain but you should realise that the conditions of the country does not really favour people without education. If they are so keen on you being in school, why not study Music? You will be studying something you enjoy and you will also have the qualification to teach music in a school if your dreams of being a musician does not come through.

Think about this well bro.

Cheerscheesy
Re: Lamentations Of An Upcoming Artist by Jyde89: 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mynd_44: Bro, I feel your pain but you should realise that the conditions of the country does not really favour people without education. If they are so keen on you being in school, why not study Music? You will be studying something you enjoy and you will also have the qualification to teach music in a school if your dreams of being a musician does not come through.

Think about this well bro.

Cheerscheesy
thank's alot mind, i truly appreciate the advice. and as regard's music, i will be successfull both as an artiste and as a techer all i need is focus and detarmination.
Re: Lamentations Of An Upcoming Artist by Mynd44: 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
Jyde89: thank's alot mind, i truly appreciate the advice. and as regard's music, i will be successfull both as an artiste and as a techer all i need is focus and detarmination.
Well, go for music then. Study and practice it. It will be fun and easy as you already have a passion for it

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE!!! Iyanya Ft. Tiwa Savage - SOMEBODY [prod. By Gospelondebeatz] / [music] Vince Kidd – Manga Life Ft. Ice Prince / Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.