Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu (14368 Views)

In Need Of Advice About Going Back To Finland / Why Are Some Nigerians Abroad Scared Of Going Back Home? / Thinking of Going Back to Nigeria For a Job Offer (after 10 years) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Fiawest(m): 5:44am On Jan 21, 2013
KingPradas: There is no place like home.
which home?home of death?Did u read d story at all?
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by dickhardener: 6:30am On Jan 21, 2013
With stories like this. It becomes justifiable to hold on to my 9ja phobia. Home is awesome but at the moment very unfavourable.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Adurangba(f): 7:22am On Jan 21, 2013
Another thread for those lay about diasporas to continue to justify their wasted life abroad. lolzzzz. Rose, may God help you.

1 Like

Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Adurangba(f): 7:24am On Jan 21, 2013
pDude: My children will never have the opportunity to ask me, "Daddy, when everybody was hustling and relocating abroad, where were you?" by the grace of God.

Nigeria is a sad and hopeless place.

Who cares?
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by maaria(f): 7:29am On Jan 21, 2013
sad
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by tellwisdom: 7:34am On Jan 21, 2013
So he get belongings and cheque book, he no use am treat himself?? ...Abeg make una carry una story go odensin secondary school go sell angryangry
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by DrEngr: 7:35am On Jan 21, 2013
pDude: My children will never have the opportunity to ask me, "Daddy, when everybody was hustling and relocating abroad, where were you?" by the grace of God.

God will certainly see His children through.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by publisher(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2013
Why do some Nairalanders get a hard-on whenever a negative story on Nigeria is published? Especially those illegal immigrants living mediocre lives in foreign lands. So 85% of Nigerians live on N160 a day? Yet the other 15%(or less) still openly enjoy their wealth without being mobbed by the hungry masses? Visit India and see what hungry masses really look like. We need real statistics. Back to the topic-Nigerian public heathcare is very poor, private healthcare too expensive-but there are thousands of Nigerians with renal failure that are still being catered for in various Nigerian hospitals,some will survive,many will still die. What can be done to salvage our Nigerian health care system,especially for the poor? These are the questions we should strive to answer,not bashing ones own country foolishly,when those doing the bashings are also part of the larger problem.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by femmy2010(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2013
A very sad one but I pray God manifest a sweetest endto it.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2013
We have so many issues affecting the country, including this sad case, yet the most important thing for our law makers to discuss is gay people.

Nigeria has a loooooong way to go.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by juman(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2013
Hope they allow her to stay.

Referendum on one nigeria is important. It's needed.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by etalker: 8:08am On Jan 21, 2013
I feel sorry for her. The UK are probably avoiding a precedence here because if she's allowed to stay others (health tourist) would site her case to justify their stay.

Its also sad that instead of our leaders to build better health care system they are busy owing shopping Plazas upon plazas.

Is it that there are no better hospitals to manage her health in Nigeria?

#NigerianLeadersWakeUp
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by aglomar: 8:15am On Jan 21, 2013
I pray God sends help to her. It's not general for a man's sibling to be his next of kin. Her husband was probably uneducated or influenced by his culture.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by ridgeman: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2013
She needs to get a proper immigration lawyer!!!

UK does not allow people who have medical conditions to return to an early grave in their home country. She needs to get a good immigration lawyer

Several years ago they tried it with a lady from Ghana who unfortunately died on return to Ghana, the political fallout was huge.

Good luck
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2013

Amen n me too.
1000000 like.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by justwise(m): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2013
ridgeman: She needs to get a proper immigration lawyer!!!

UK does not allow people who have medical conditions to return to an early grave in their home country. She needs to get a good immigration lawyer

Several years ago they tried it with a lady from Ghana who unfortunately died on return to Ghana, the political fallout was huge.

Good luck

There was no political fallout, people protested and all that but the deportation still went ahead.

The UK do deport people with medical problem in some cases, there is no point wasting money in immigration lawyer while the case drags on, if she has the money to pay a lawyer then she should use that money to get treated.

I really hope that the UK Govt allows her to stay at least to recover fully.

1 Like

Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by dnawah(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2013
Techwriter: If I say what I want to say some ignorant Nairalanders will start attacking themselves but I will say it. This woman's problem is more spiritual than physical. She may be religious yes! The devil is not afraid of religion ofcourse he can even sponsor it if it causes more distraction. Let her seek God and get on fire and you will see sicknesses dis*ppear,freedom granted, husband etc
The devil came and stole her peace, killed her husband and destroy her joy
u said it all and that will be better in nigeria.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by ochukoccna: 8:55am On Jan 21, 2013
If Nigeria wasn't so messed up, she would gladly comeback to her roots
But the 9ja is now, she's coming home to die
To live a decent life [by western standards] in 9ja , you need tomes of money
Getting those tomes is another matter entirely
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by vislabraye(m): 9:05am On Jan 21, 2013
If she's lucky, she could be granted assylum on health ground. Same thing happened to a Nigerian student living in US who had a growth on his face.
He was granted assistance by the govt. And the funny thing is that Nlers here started saying the US government had ulterior motives.
Hope she gets help after all the affliction she has suffered.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by jydebiz: 9:05am On Jan 21, 2013
Dear nairalanders, lets keep the good work we can all make donations to save Rose's life if we can get across to her. I also know there may be some NGOs in Nigeria that may be of help. Alternatively, this situation is more spiritual than physical in my own opinion she may visit the Redemption camp somewhere in Nigeria, there is a stand that handles such emergency there and she will be back again on her feet through the wonderful healing power of the Almighty God, there has been such cases that I heard of like this that was brought down from the US and the woman was completely made whole, please let her try.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Lexusgs430: 9:12am On Jan 21, 2013
jydebiz: Dear nairalanders, lets keep the good work we can all make donations to save Rose's life if we can get across to her. I also know there may be some NGOs in Nigeria that may be of help. Alternatively, this situation is more spiritual than physical in my own opinion she may visit the Redemption camp somewhere in Nigeria, there is a stand that handles such emergency there and she will be back again on her feet through the wonderful healing power of the Almighty God, there has been such cases that I heard of like this that was brought down from the US and the woman was completely made whole, please let her try.

WHAT
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by justwise(m): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2013
jydebiz: Dear nairalanders, lets keep the good work we can all make donations to save Rose's life if we can get across to her. I also know there may be some NGOs in Nigeria that may be of help. Alternatively, this situation is more spiritual than physical in my own opinion she may visit the Redemption camp somewhere in Nigeria, there is a stand that handles such emergency there and she will be back again on her feet through the wonderful healing power of the Almighty God, there has been such cases that I heard of like this that was brought down from the US and the woman was completely made whole, please let her try.

When i read post like this i struggle to get my head around it, people die in Nigeria on daily bases from all sorts of diseases still these churches that performs miraculous healings are everywhere, why are they not getting healed?

The lady should be taken down to Nigeria for prayers? Why not pray for her from Nigeria since God is everywhere?
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Arsenate(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2013

yankee na heaven? People no dey die for yankee? Is it not the same yankee that some over fed, over pampered kid went into school with a gun and opened fire for no reason killing dozens of people children inclusive That wasn't even the first time. Abegi talk another thing.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Bolt2011(m): 9:30am On Jan 21, 2013
Lord help Rose and every other sick person all over the World.
Have mercy on Nigeria, Lord
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by dickhardener: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2013
Adura_ngba: Another thread for those lay about diasporas to continue to justify their wasted life abroad. lolzzzz. Rose, may God help you.
. you sound frustrated.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by dickhardener: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2013
Arsenate: yankee na heaven? People no dey die for yankee? Is it not the same yankee that some over fed, over pampered kid went into school with a gun and opened fire for no reason killing dozens of people children inclusive That wasn't even the first time. Abegi talk another thing.
u need some visine for those dusty red eyes. Sorry ehn
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Arsenate(m): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2013
dick hardener: u need some visine for those dusty red eyes. Sorry ehn
this is supposed to make what I wrote false or what...drink the visine, clown.
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Arsenate(m): 9:52am On Jan 21, 2013
Adura_ngba: Another thread for those lay about diasporas to continue to justify their wasted life abroad. lolzzzz. Rose, may God help you.
lolzzzzzzz. spot on. 1000000000 likes
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by TableLeg(m): 10:28am On Jan 21, 2013
Sad situation .... sad
Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 21, 2013
I asked my father the very same question some years ago about why he was still in Nigeria when he for don relocate. He was stammering like a stammerer and yarning balls cheesy

Whether we are justifying yankee or not isnt the issue. The issue is that normal things that are not supposed to kill people are killing people in droves in Nigeria.

Ordinary renal healthcare facility, Nigeria doesnt have. Whereas abroad, universities are maintaining entire hospitals. Yet Nigerian leaders are flying abroad for medical checkup. Shame. embarassed

Abeg I go dey manage whatever life I get for abroad grin.

My child will not ask me that same question.

1 Like

Re: When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu by Theblessed(f): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2013
[size=16pt]I pray that the Lord Jesus will grant you mercy and healing from this disease and favour in the sight of all important UKBA Officials handling your case, in Jesus name, Amen!

Continue to be strong and prayerful and the Lord will do it!

Don't loose faith in God!
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Will Be Extremely Busy From 1st-3rd- Says FRSC / One dead, two injured as truck crashes pedestrians in Anambra / With The Budget Of 1.5M Naira Which Country Would You Advise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.