Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars (39758 Views)

Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) / Yoruba Movie Stars Campaign For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) / Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by VALIDATOR: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Very interesting topic.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by mapet: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
The Nigerian movie industry is besieged with many problems stunting its growth.
1. In the Nollywood English/Igbo dominated industries, I think the producers are a cabal and they dictate things. Recall a few years ago when they suspended some artists like Genevive, Omotola, RMD etc one of the accusations was that their charges were too high. I could not believe it when these artist had no one inviting them for films and some of them had to take to studio to record songs (even if that was not their calling, some of them were horrible singers)
2. The Yoruba industry is dominated by the clique you belong. The mode of operations will not make them pay much. If someone in a clique wants to produce a film, all of you will rally round that person and act for free for starters. The the person goes to sell and gives you "something" afterwards.

All in all, the industry is suffering because both situation stated up here are still very much stiffling the industry. We keep reeling out low budget and low quality films in the two Nollywoods. Nollywood needs to be librated, investor funding needs to be injected. I await a time when a Nigerian film will hit a budget of 1billion Naira...then we're talking

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by zangiff(m): 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
don't you think the rate at which nonsense films are produced is very alarming. They produce copy cat film and expect to earn more. Produce good film and see their earnings skyrocket.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by NoContract(m): 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
How much does tonto dike earn for sleeping around with media moguls and directors?
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by maygah(f): 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
Then I fink am gonna ask google where they get the money they spend living Luxurious lifestyle. undecided
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
jiggaz: Its not so in English Nollywood oo. A top Nollywood actor like Jim Iyke or Genevieve might be paid between N800,000 to N1million to appear in a movie. Somebody like Tonto Dike will be collecting from N400,000 upwards + Runs. Infact, why the Nollywood English actresses are richer than their male counterparts is becos of these Abuja Runs. A politician is ready to pay dem as high as N1million to sleep with dem per runs. Multiply dat by 6 and u will see why they live posh lifestyles. Its just a pity dat their Yoruba counterparts are not lucky to be enjoying those luxuries cos they are not popular enough except for Funke. Their popularity ends in the South West & most of dem no go school.
pls are u d one paying jim iyke and tontoh and where do u get ur source from
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by delkuf(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
Well, dey are eating and living life
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by danny301: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
speedyboi:

For ur dreams abi? Smh.

@op.not just yoruba genre, nollywood as a whole. Actors like mercy Johnson and tonto dike earn peanuts.I can tell u they earn less than 100,000(they earn around 50k per role).

How you know those who earn high amounts is based on the kinda productions they feature in. Ie. Those who acts in cinema releases gets paid reasonably....but those alaba favourite actors...lol...I can't laugh.

Contrary to what you said, omotola earns upto 5million in a movie. That's why she's the most paid actress in nollywood. And that's why u can't just see her in any Bs productions, they can't afford her.
Genny also warns upto 3million. I don't know about the other actors.

But I know one thing for sure, all those actors that are popular (mj, tonto etc...yoruba or English or hausa) are wretched while the professional actors(omoni oboli, nse etim, ireti Doyle, funlola aofiyebi etc) are paid well. Fullstop

Are you just saying what you feel or you are are talking about realities, as in with evidents on ground?.... To say that Omotola takes 5 million for a role in Nigerian movie is too much an exaggeration and you know it.... Nollywood has not reached the level of any actor taking 2 million per role... And for you calling people like Mercy Johnson alaba favorite actor and people like Omoni and Doyle professionals puts ur understanding of professionalism in serious doubt..... Can you please expatiate on your criterials for grading these Actors?

7 Likes

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by PeterKbaba: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
You need to understand that acting in most Nigeria movies take on a month or 2, most of them act about 5 movies at the same time. Multiply 5 movies a month by 500k and you know the pay is not bad. What do you expect from an industry not been supported by the Gov.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Arsenate(m): 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Freiburger: I just can't buy this analysis.
it makes perfect sense to me.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by thaoriginator: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
For that crap wey dem dey act dem no suppose collect money at all. Craze people!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by debbyblaze: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
speedyboi:

For ur dreams abi? Smh.

@op.not just yoruba genre, nollywood as a whole. Actors like mercy Johnson and tonto dike earn peanuts.I can tell u they earn less than 100,000(they earn around 50k per role).

How you know those who earn high amounts is based on the kinda productions they feature in. Ie. Those who acts in cinema releases gets paid reasonably....but those alaba favourite actors...lol...I can't laugh.

Contrary to what you said, omotola earns upto 5million in a movie. That's why she's the most paid actress in nollywood. And that's why u can't just see her in any Bs productions, they can't afford her.

But I know one thing for sure, all those actors that are popular (mj, tonto etc...yoruba or English or hausa) are wretched while the professional actors(omoni oboli, nse etim, ireti Doyle, funlola aofiyebi etc) are paid well. Fullstop

Genny also warns upto 3million. I don't know about the other actors.

Honey u are just ignorant... undecided undecided OMOTOLA is the only yoruba actress that has any prospects in the industry and she is not the highest paid actress....infact she is number six in the list of the richest atresses in Nigeria....Mercy johnson that u just dissed is worths 55m while your "Omotola" is merely clutching to a 50m (incuding all assets and royalties)...pls get ya facts ryt B4 dissin undecided

6 Likes

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by avicky(f): 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
smakati: @OP, u copied dis story frm Punch newspaper......word for word, yet no acknowledgement.........plagiarism tinz
And where did Punch get theirs from?
Punch sef dey copy verbatim frm nairaland.
Park well joor.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Shock(m): 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
PeterKbaba: You need to understand that acting in most Nigeria movies take on a month or 2, most of them act about 5 movies at the same time. Multiply 5 movies a month by 500k and you know the pay is not bad. What do you expect from an industry not been supported by the Gov.

You mean the government is meant to pay them for acting? Incredible.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by vislabraye(m): 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yoruba movie stars would definitely earn low cos of language barrier.
Actors/actresses are not paid so much. Btw people like BasketMouth are living large. Some times I wonder where the extra cash comes from.
BM must be paid heavily by Glo.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by jadakiss213(m): 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
onatisi:

my guy pls dont believe all those exorbitant prices been branded about most of nollywood actors and actresses do get paid with small amounts too. i guess all that glitters isnt gold afterall
they earn that much and Ngozi Ezeonu had to beg for alms to treat herself.same wiv Enebeli enebuwa...If not for ds Glo endorsement stuff and some other side runs,u think ds folks would survive?
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
smakati: @OP, u copied dis story frm Punch newspaper......word for word, yet no acknowledgement.........plagiarism tinz

You did not check the source link below the story...I almost thought as much.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by colombiana: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
spiderstone: Thats why most of the female actresses end up doing both Local and International ASHAWO to meet up with their fake lifestyle...checkout their male counterpart...how many have gotten personal house,they all look glamorous on the screen in borrowed costumes and in real life look filthy with some of them battling ezcema behing the neck..on their cheeks and very untidy....Govt need to do something to help NOLLYWOOD...and the artist also need to live according to their means and safe for the future.
Is ur sister and cousin any beta, mtchewwww all girls na ashawo u just have to kom up with the right prize

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by omo9ja1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
na today smiley
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by ypzilanti: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Its called 'show' business for a reason. It's all a show. You have to look like you are worth millions before someone offers you millions for endorsements.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by HAH: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
If what u are saying is true then Hausa film is better than Yoruba films by earning.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by colombiana: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
tha_originator: For that crap wey dem dey act dem no suppose collect money at all. Craze people!
Which one u don act or produce? Mtcheewwww
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by colombiana: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
fkaz: most people live copy and paste life
Which one u dey live? Mtcheeeewww
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by blackbeau1(f): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Eh ya.they should go into buisness .sell akara and bread

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by mrborn2fuck(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
That is why most of them engage in drug trafficking,assisting government in money laundry and their ladies run into prostitution.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by abdulkayus(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
HAH: If what u are saying is true then Hausa film is better than Yoruba films by earning.

hw much are Hausa movies actors and actress earning? Cos to me, i dont think dey earn much, maybe 10k to 50k per movie
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by jadakiss213(m): 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
i am surprised ds thread dint take a Tribal dimension.seems d warlords have gone to sleep.*nice one tho*
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by colombiana: 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
jonili: y dey com dey form sey dem big

Dem big pass u cuz na u be the mugu wen dey read about dem daily and borrow dem films watch na u send dem dem nor send or knw u. wink
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by eimuhb(f): 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2013

Mr man, can't you see 'SOURCE' beneath the message, if you click on it, it will direct you to punch's website.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by bababuff(m): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
These actors and actresses gets pay what they are due. Why should they be paid N200,000 to spend 1-2 hours only on location?
Na so money easy to get? Don’t forget that some of them could be in as many as 3 or 4 productions in a month. So by scraping the bits and pieces they get from different productions they are able to take care of themselves.

For the Yoruba actors, the big pay day is when you can gather money and produce your own film. Most of the big once buy their cars and other stuffs by selling these films to the big marketers in Idumota.

Again most of them have other jobs or vocation for making extra money (hair salons, compere jobs, canteens etc.)so they are not doing badly. People do business with them because they are celebrities and of cause the "runs" angle is there for most of the ladies.

4 Likes

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
danny301:

Are you just saying what you feel or you are are talking about realities, as in with evidents on ground?.... To say that Omotola takes 5 million for a role in Nigerian movie is too much an exaggeration and you know it.... Nollywood has not reached the level of any actor taking 2 million per role... And for you calling people like Mercy Johnson alaba favorite actor and people like Omoni and Doyle professionals puts ur understanding of professionalism in serious doubt..... Can you please expatiate on your criterials for grading these Actors?

You are wrong there. As far back as almost 10 years ago, Nkem Owoh (Osuofia) collected 2 million naira to feature in a movie co-produced by my brother. He (Osuofia) was also around the same time collecting 400,000 to M.C weddings and events.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Freiburger(m): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
bababuff: These actors and actresses gets pay what they are due. Why should they be paid N200,000 to spend 1-2 hours only on location?
Na so money easy to get? Don’t forget that some of them could be in as many as 3 or 4 productions in a month. So by scraping the bits and pieces they get from different productions they are able to take care of themselves.

For the Yoruba actors, the big pay day is when you can gather money and produce your own film. Most of the big once buy their cars and other stuffs by selling these films to the big marketers in Idumota.

Again most of them have other jobs or vocation for making extra money (hair salons, compere jobs, canteens etc.)so they are not doing badly. People do business with them because they are celebrities and of cause the "runs" angle is there for most of the ladies.
On point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Leave My Life Alone, Angry Nina Lambasts Nigerians / Dj Cuppy Acquires A Brand New Specially Built Rolls Royce (Photos) / Banky W And Adesua Etomi Kiss At Their White Wedding In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.