Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Asamoah Gyan Vows Not To Take Penalty For Ghana - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asamoah Gyan Vows Not To Take Penalty For Ghana (854 Views)

The Expensive Cars Asamoah Gyan And Adebayor Drove To Kumasi / My Forecast For Ghana/nigeria Lotto 5/90 Games From 20-23 Jan. 2013 / Breakin News: Ghana's Asamoah Gyan Is Dead!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asamoah Gyan Vows Not To Take Penalty For Ghana by Napolitano(m): 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2013

With the AFCON 2013 already in play, Ghanian forward Asamoah Gyan vowed not to take a penalty for his home country again. This was reported in an interview with the BBC.

The reason for the decision according to Gyan was because of his late mother who made him make the promise to her.

"I have decided not to take a penalty for the national team," [Gyan] said.

"[...] I said some months back that I wouldn't take another penalty. Before my Mum died [in November] she told me not to take penalties any more."

Gyan's penalty losses has cost Ghana ernomously in the 2010 World Cup and 2012 African Cup of Nations. He once retired from international football over criticisms following his missed penalties.

Ghana stars in Group B of tghe AFCON alongisde Mali, Niger and DR Congo

http://www.sportinferno.com/afcon-fixtures/
Re: Asamoah Gyan Vows Not To Take Penalty For Ghana by k2039: 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
What happens when there is a penalty shoot out where the other 10 have taken their kicks and the coach had exhausted all his substitution before the shoot out?.
Re: Asamoah Gyan Vows Not To Take Penalty For Ghana by Napolitano(m): 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
I guess he may just have to take the shot when that times comes. I can understand his fear. He's been highly criticized when he lost two important peenalties that would have made Ghana qualify to the next stage.

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Sign Ginter From Freiburg / Willian, Mata, Hazard.. Who Stays On Bench?? / 6 Big Question About MIKEL OBI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.