Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Nokia Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Receive Portico Updates - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Receive Portico Updates (1123 Views)

Nokia Lumia 820 Specs And Price In Nigeria / Nokia Launches Lumia 920/820 In Nigeria / Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Receive Portico Updates by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 21, 2013
After the US version of the Nokia Lumia 920 received the Portico update, its now the turns of the international version of Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820 to receive the update.
The over-the-air software update is reportedly rolling out to the users across the globe. The versions of their respective firmwares fix the image processing which resulted in blurry shots in good light.
The update also brings the all new "always-on" feature for Wi-Fi along with few add on options like rejecting calls with a message to the caller.
With the latest update, the battery seems to be offering more juice than before and the connectivity is said to be more reliable. The Internet Explorer too has been improved with this all new Portico update.
The update brings the software version number to 8.0.10211.204 - if you Lumia smartphone shows otherwise then you haven't received the update just yet.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Receive Portico Updates by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:46am On Jan 21, 2013
yaaay **dancing etighi***

then remembers he dont own no lumia grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Receive Portico Updates by SirJohn(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
Just returned mine today for replacement after two weeks of frustration. poor battery life (I literarily carry my charger around like a BB user), phone gets unnecessarily hot, screen and body not as scratch resistant as was hyped and finally I hope they fixed the 'c101a006' windows store error that bricked my lumia 920 after a hard reset. angry
Re: Nokia Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Receive Portico Updates by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
SirJohn: Just returned mine today for replacement after two weeks of frustration. poor battery life (I literarily carry my charger around like a BB user), phone gets unnecessarily hot, screen and body not as scratch resistant as was hyped and finally I hope they fixed the 'c101a006' windows store error that bricked my lumia 920 after a hard reset. angry
It must be fake
Re: Nokia Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Receive Portico Updates by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:23am On Jan 22, 2013
runzlord: It must be fake

hunh? fake? thats not really possible is it? i'd think that he would know the difference between a china clone and a nokia

@SirJohn where did u buy it? cos i see u mentioned that you returned it for replacement.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Receive Portico Updates by SirJohn(m): 8:14am On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

hunh? fake? thats not really possible is it? i'd think that he would know the difference between a china clone and a nokia

@SirJohn where did u buy it? cos i see u mentioned that you returned it for replacement.

Dont mind the ret*rd, do i look like fally ipupa to him...I got the phone from an MTN center, will be getting the replacement today (hopefully)

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Blackberry Slow? Make It Faster By Doing This. / HELP! Please Share Your Nokia X Series Experience... / MX Player Pro 1.7.38

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.