Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,704 members, 7,955,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Are Left Handed Children Still Punished? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Left Handed Children Still Punished? (782 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Pix: Who Is To Be Punished? / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Left Handed Children Still Punished? by Jbenue: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
When I was growing up I remembered vividly my parents esp my mother getting mad at me for passing something to her with my left hand, and in school the koro-koro teacher whipping a number of students who were left handed for writing with their naturally stronger hand. Fortunately I was very Right-handed. But it got me asking why this hatred of the left hand, since approx 12- 15 percent of the worlds population is indeed left handed. And in this day, are left handed children still forced converted to the right handed supposed ideal? In fact we need not look far to see the negative connotations in the English language- "Sinister" from Latin for left, and in my dialect the words for left and right loosely translate as "sweeping hand"- left and "hand for chopping pando"-right.

It has been found that force conversion of a child's natural hand had a number of negative implications such as the child developing a many speech defects e.g. selective mutism, stammering and other technical flaws. So if you are punishing your seed for being left handed please don't its bad for development. Besides the most powerful man in the world is Left Handed.
Yes We Hand!!!!!

Re: Are Left Handed Children Still Punished? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
that was a thing of the past, i gave an elderly man (my uncle)in the village $100 this xmas with my left hand and he gladly took the money and said 'it shall be well with you my Son'. cool
Re: Are Left Handed Children Still Punished? by Jbenue: 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^^^^^ Hahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Tuition Fee Of Post Graduate Diploma In Uniyo / Sexually Explicit German Sex-ed Book For 1st Graders? Wtf!!! / LAUTECH 2012/2013 Harmattan Semester Examination Time-table -[download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.