Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238625 members, 1651563 topics. Date: Thursday, 24 April 2014 at 05:09 PM

What Would You Do In Such A Situation? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Would You Do In Such A Situation? (391 Views)

Lest We Immortalize Nuisance…the “goldie” Situation By Eseoghene Al-faruq Ohwoje / My Stake On The Present Situation Of NIGERIA (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do In Such A Situation? by zubike01(m): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
An except from "DON'T JOIN" a novel by Azubike Ahubelem

Chapter 4
Sagas of the Mighty One
“A war, with its attendant human suffering, must, when that evil is unavoidable, be made to fragment more than buildings: it must shatter the foundations of thought and re-create. Only in this way does every individual share in the cataclysm and understand the purpose of sacrifice.”
- Wole Soyinka (1934 - ) Nigerian novelist, playwright, poet, and lecturer.

Six months after I became a Warrior I had changed completely, they called me “Mighty One” because I had built my body to a stage where it was thick and hard as rock. I was a Warrior indeed. Big Mark gave me a sledge hammer saying in these words, "Take it, it belonged to Joe. When he hit this on people’s skulls they felt as if they were struck by lightning." I loved my hammer. It was about the size of a battle axe and was beautifully designed. When I got to my room that day, I rushed and showed Uju in joy but she was displeased. She looked at me and asked me if I loved her. I told her I did, and then she asked why I was turning into Joe bit by bit. I looked at her, smiled and said in a cool calm tone, “If only you knew.”
Three months earlier our Warchief was taking a stroll all alone and a young looking chap stepped on him, he called the chap to order but the he kept deaf ears. He rushed towards this chap and gave him several thunderous slaps, the chap in return picked up a stick and identified himself as an Assassin and with that he couldn't drop the stick till it saw blood. He struck our Warchief but our Warchief wasn't an ordinary man he grabbed this chap and squeezed his neck. The chap escaped death by chance, ran away but came back; my Warchief wondered why he behaved like an . Then the chap smiled and ran away. Our Warchief touched his head and blood stained his hand. The Assassin had come back to confirm if his strike had produced blood, if not he would have fought to the finish. Our Warchief called a meeting and all our men were gingered ready for an all out war but he said no. It wasn't the time for slaying Assassins as we all know Assassins walk alone during times of peace, so we would leave them for a while and when they feel all is well we would take out that chap when he is all alone and their minds would go crazy. An all out war with the Assassins may lead to casualties not of soldiers but of boys, for it is difficult to tell an Assassin from a boy.
Back to present times, it was my duty to get rid of that chap as agreed, so I was told where to go. I walked gallantly to his domain, his door was wide open so I rushed in, he was about to question me when I told him to keep shut and placed my pistol between his eyes. My hand trembled like the leaves of a palm tree blown by a strong wind. The gun felt slippery as it got soaked by sweat which dripped from my palm. I tried to pull the trigger but it felt heavy, my heart was filled with empathy; the chap was the most innocent looking handsome young man I had ever seen. His eyes were heavy and his voice trembled as he begged me to spare his life. I couldn't do it, no, I just couldn't, I thought to myself, “What have I become in less than seven months? This young innocent guy has done nothing against me.” But then my way of life had changed, I was a Warrior and we Warriors follow commands and in the Warriors’ code, commands must be obeyed, how could I go against the command of the Warchief the highest ranking authority.
How would I feel if I pulled the trigger, and how would the parents of this young man feel? He looked nineteen and must have joined the Assassins as a result of constant harassment. His good looks must have attracted pretty ladies to him and in this environment pretty ladies meant trouble. I could tell his parents were wealthy form the way his was tastefully furnished; its rug, curtains and bed spread were all blue, an Air-condition blew cool air and the wall adored with paintings. His pictures were everywhere around the room and there was one which touched me, he had an identical twin sister. They both were enrolled in this same university, I could tell from the matriculation picture which was glaring straight at me from the wall. Wow! What would you have done if you were me?.......

www.jollyrougeseries.com
Re: What Would You Do In Such A Situation? by zubike01(m): 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
It started when one day I was in my room listening to music when Uju came into my room in tears. I held her close and urged her to speak but she went on her knees begging me not to act on whatever she was going to tell me, I made no promises but pressured her to speak up. She hesitated saying she knew I would do something silly if she told me what happened. I finally agreed not to act and she said to me “Cold Steel, called me and when I refused to answer he ordered one of his men to drag me to him and when I got there, he asked why I didn’t answer him and I told him I didn’t hear. Then he started confessing love to me and urged me to sit down. I refused and he threatened to show me his other side if I continued to be stubborn. I summoned courage and told him my boyfriend wouldn’t like what he was doing and he slapped me.” As soon as I heard the slap part I screamed “What! Cold Steel slapped my girl?” I rushed towards my door, Uju tried to hold me but I pushed her off.
I marched straight to Sahel, the official Anchor Point of the Shadows. As I got there I noticed they had a full house, so I composed myself and said to Cold Steel “I am Mighty One a very rugged and devoted son of Thor, why did you slap my girlfriend?” he didn’t reply and I screamed in pidgin English “Abi you no know say I be very rugged Warrior” All I wanted was for him to acknowledge my sternness as a Warrior and apologize but instead he said, “You Warriors are toothless bull dogs, see you there blabbing. Would you get out of my sight before I make an example of you?” His statement provoked a grim anger within me and without fear of death I rushed towards him picked up a bottle and smashed it on his skull as I echoed out “Warriors Arise!” Instantly Warriors appeared from all angles but before then several bottles had been smashed on my head and I had sustained several injuries. I stayed locked on my target giving him two more stabs before I was brought to my knees with a hit from a stick on my leg. I heard the sound of a gun followed by several others but they were all fired up in the air. Shadows couldn’t shoot someone in their anchor point if a war wasn’t going on but all of a sudden Cold Steel being their Darklord, a position three places bellow their Darkcheif, an equivalent to our Warchief screamed out “Let the dark Shadow of the night cover the Warriors.” He had just declared war. I was rest assured that I would die and lost hope as I stood doing nothing waiting for death’s ugly sting to strike but it didn’t my men dragged me out, I was in luck, somehow the spirits were close by with their Ak47 and as they approached the scene the Shadows faded out. http://www.facebook.com/388942974500182/posts/432686380100262
Re: What Would You Do In Such A Situation? by zubike01(m): 11:05am On Feb 07, 2013
“Is this what death feels like?” I asked myself, but as the pain attempts to switch off my brain I got a flash back on my life, my parents and siblings came to mind, I asked myself was this what I was sent to school to do? Is Valhalla real? For I doubted it greatly right now, was I truly destined to be a Warrior or am I just a product of deceit of some old fable brought into our higher institutions long ago by men I don’t even know. Somehow I wished I never gained admission into the university. My eyes were closing up but I pushed them open, am I actually a cultist as we were called by the boys who we in turn called Jew men synonymous with the holocaust when the Nazi put the Jews as second class citizens or Lubber like the pirate of old called those who were not pirates, for we saw them as inferior, unintelligent cowards unworthy to attain glory and understanding of our cause. My mind scribbled out a phrase I think was said by King David, “How are the mighty fallen in the midst of battle?”
Re: What Would You Do In Such A Situation? by zubike01(m): 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
“Promise me that if I die in this game you would tell your children about me, tell them how intimidation and revenge made me whom I am today. Skip all the dirty parts and tell them how I saved you from trouble severally, tell them how no one could tamper with you because you were my friend, tell them I died a hero and my spirit dwells in Valhalla, a place where all great warriors go. Tell them that I am brewing (drinking) from Mimir, the fountain of wisdom with the gods.”

(0) (Reply)

Making Money As A Student? / Blog For Sale. / Dead Caves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.