Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Diary Of The Aborted Baby - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of The Aborted Baby (3662 Views)

Letters To My Aborted Daughter / A Letter From An Aborted Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of The Aborted Baby by snazzydawn(f): 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2008
Diary of the unborn baby
February 14, 2007 (week 1)

Today, a new life was formed. Oh! my new home feels so soft and warm and wet. I am just a

mass of cells now but hey, I cannot wait to have my own hands, legs, mouth and all those things

human beings have. Are you wondering how I know about legs et al? Let us just say I know,

after all, I am human.

Week 3:

I am loving this "home". My mother sure knows how to - Mother?! Oh, I wonder what she looks

like.

Though I know about hands and legs, I have yet to know what a human being looks like. Tough

luck! I am getting tired of waiting for my hands and legs!

March 14,2007 (week 4)

Oh Boy!!! I can feel myself moving! I feel kinda different today. Yayyyyy!!!!! I am beginning to

have hands and legs and all those things I wanted. I even think I am going to have eyes and

ears!!! wait!!! what is that thumping sound in my chest? Oh well, I hope I am okay.

I am so happy that at last, I am beginning to have my own hands, feet, eyes and nose, wait a

minute, I even have a tail! WOWWW!!!

I can imagine myself running with my little feet to wrap my little arms around my mother's

neck; I will pick flowers and stick them in her hair. I feel like bursting with love for my mother!

What on earth is that creamy liquid pouring all over me? It sure tastes good and whatever it is,

momma sure knows how to eat well. Oh!!! I cannot wait to gaze up at her lovely face.

March 21 (week5)

It is so quiet in here. Nothing much happened to me today. Quite an uneventful day. Oh well, I'll

just go to sleep.

March 22:

Oh!!! I had a wonderful dream while I slept. I dreamt I was a little girl with brown hair, round

eyes and the cutest little mouth. Oh, and guess what too, I saw my mother in my dream! She is

beautiful, I am going to look just like my mummy. She has the most beautiful brown eyes,

brown hair, a cute nose and the most beautiful smile.

I dreamt that she lifted me up in the air and kissed my lips. I hugged my mother in my dream.

Was really comforting and reassuring. Oh! how much I lovemy mother. I cannot wait to be outta

here so I can be with her for real. I am so excited!!!

March 23

Oh NO!!! Today my mother killed me!!!!
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by yongbabe(f): 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2008
wow snazz loved it.
last yr (2007) in Portugal, the goverment made the conduct of abortion untill 10 weeks of pregnancy legal.
but b4 that there was serious oppositions on both sides ( ppl votin no and ppl otin yes) Port. is a catholic county,
so the competition was tough. Unfortunatly the "yes" side won

The ironic part of the whole thing is that Portugal's population is old ( lotsa old ppl, few youths.)
And the goverment closed down maternity homes due to economical problems, and opened abortion centers instead.
it's so sad!
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by Gamine(f): 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2008
Nice.

i think u shld develop this more

pple hv to read stuff like this
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by zukkie4eva(f): 9:45am On Mar 10, 2008
Wow Snazzy!, this is a unique masterpiece. Very creative & highly imaginative.

I think u should put it up for publication in any of d dailies. . . most women need to read this! angry
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by snazzydawn(f): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2008
thanks y'all for taking time to read it. Thanks for the compliments.
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by Scholarnon(f): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2008
snazzy dis is realy wonderful, like zukkie said you should post dis on one the weekend dailies. People will realy like to it. keep it goin girl. Thumbs up
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2008
cry cry cry cry
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by yongbabe(f): 3:51pm On Mar 13, 2008
hey Snazz HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
wishin u lots of years!! go out have fun.
After all ur birthday is only once per yr.
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by lami4life(f): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2008
Nice. I guess it's an adapted version of " the diary of an unborn child"
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by Ndipe(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2008
http://www.geocities.com/laz614/unborn.html

Any similiarity to your piece and the above link?

You wrote " can imagine myself running with my little feet to wrap my little arms around my mother's

neck; I will pick flowers and stick them in her hair."

The author writes "But I have to wait a long time yet before those legs will raise me to my Mother's arms ,before these little arms will be able to gather flowers and embrace my Father.

Too much of a co-incidence between your work and the author's work.

Nevertheless, I am pro-life.
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by SMC(f): 10:53pm On Mar 14, 2008
snazzydawn:

Diary of the unborn baby
February 14, 2007 (week 1)

Today, a new life was formed. Oh! my new home feels so soft and warm and wet. I am just a

mass of cells now but hey, I cannot wait to have my own hands, legs, mouth and all those things

human beings have. Are you wondering how I know about legs et al? Let us just say I know,

after all, I am human.

Week 3:

I am loving this "home". My mother sure knows how to - Mother?! Oh, I wonder what she looks

like.

Though I know about hands and legs, I have yet to know what a human being looks like. Tough

luck! I am getting tired of waiting for my hands and legs!

March 14,2007 (week 4)

Oh Boy!!! I can feel myself moving! I feel kind of different today. Yayyyyy!!!!! I am beginning to

have hands and legs and all those things I wanted. I even think I am going to have eyes and

ears!!! wait!!! what is that thumping sound in my chest? Oh well, I hope I am okay.

I am so happy that at last, I am beginning to have my own hands, feet, eyes and nose, wait a

minute, I even have a tail! WOWWW!!!

I can imagine myself running with my little feet to wrap my little arms around my mother's

neck; I will pick flowers and stick them in her hair. I feel like bursting with love for my mother!

What on earth is that creamy liquid pouring all over me? It sure tastes good and whatever it is,

momma sure knows how to eat well. Oh!!! I cannot wait to gaze up at her lovely face.

March 21 (week5)

It is so quiet in here. Nothing much happened to me today. Quite an uneventful day. Oh well, I'll

just go to sleep.

March 22:

Oh!!! I had a wonderful dream while I slept. I dreamt I was a little girl with brown hair, round

eyes and the cutest little mouth. Oh, and guess what too, I saw my mother in my dream! She is

beautiful, I am going to look just like my mummy. She has the most beautiful brown eyes,

brown hair, a cute nose and the most beautiful smile.

I dreamt that she lifted me up in the air and kissed my lips. I hugged my mother in my dream.

Was really comforting and reassuring. Oh! how much I lovemy mother. I cannot wait to be out of

here so I can be with her for real. I am so excited!!!

March 23

@ snazzydawn, you disgust me. You are a frigging disgrace angry angry angry . You couldn't even come up with an original title. The last line/diary entry of your version is almost verbatim with the "original" version. No be by force to become author or poet o. If you know you wanted to make an adaptation of "the Diary of an Unborn Child", the least you could have done was give the author credit.
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by Ndipe(m): 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2008
creativity is needed in one's work, snazzydawn.

Today my MOM killed me, (according to the author)

And you wrote.

Another coincidence?
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by lami4life(f): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2008
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by kalus(m): 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2008
Nice one baby cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by Joey82(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2008
@poster,
those lines are beautiful,
if only mothers get to know such love their babies have 4 em in d womb,
they wont dare abort.
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by snazzydawn(f): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2008
surprising, I have never seen that version before though. Believe it ir not. I have had that piece in written form like for a long while, I have never seen that "original" version you guys are harping about. Was just writing what I felt.
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by Ndipe(m): 1:19am On Apr 02, 2008
Snazzydawn, stop trying to play 'sense' with us. I mean, who would not be able to discern similarity between your 'work' and the original work?
Re: Diary Of The Aborted Baby by snazzydawn(f): 9:25am On Apr 02, 2008
ndipe this is not sense. why on earth would I play "sense" with people I have never seen and might never see? This thing came to mind after I read an article on aborted babies in Thisday or was it Independent. I have never seen that write up anywhere, I did not know something like that had been written. I will not comment on this issue again. If I actually knew it was there, I would have quoted it and acknowledged them. Like I said, you do not have to believe me. Just because there are some similarities in a thing does not mean they are the same or were lifted.

(1) (Reply)

Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. / What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel / FAAD: Forever And A Day (episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.