Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Rhodiesworld In An Exclusive Chat With ICE KYD - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rhodiesworld In An Exclusive Chat With ICE KYD (581 Views)

Ambode With M.I Vs Ambode With Ice Prince; Caption The Pics / Was Jay Jay Okocha Bored During A Chat With Prolific Comedian Basketmouth?photo / An Exclusive Interview With Helen Paul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhodiesworld In An Exclusive Chat With ICE KYD by rhodiesworld(f): 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
RW: Thank you for having RhodiesWorld here. Who is ICE KYD?

ICE KYD: Ice Kyd is an Akwa Ibom born artiste, family named Ikpe Kiddy, that grews from an okada rider to a celebrity

RW: Interesting introduction! When did you make that all important decision to go into music professionally?

ICE KYD: It was in 2001. I decided to drop my okada in order to have a better tomorrow. Since my parent's hands where not strong to push my education, though I was a very talented person. I had choices of becoming a footballer and a musician. So I decided to go for music that could bring some immediate 'small-small' coins to survive with. Based on that, I had to abandon football for music.

RW: Your story is that of a humble beginning which makes it interesting. Now tell me, how challenging was it pushing yourself to this top stage in music industry?

ICE KYD: It was so challenging because artistes down here have no record deals or multi million naira companies for endorsement deals, and no big screen TVs like Silverbird, MTV Base,Trace etc. I have to go to Lagos to do everything even when the same Lagos, have their own artist to assist. I won BENSON & HEDGES 'Grap de MIC' competition a year before PSQUARE in Akwa Ibom and in Port harcourt to represent the SOUTH-SOUTH region but there was nobody to assist then. But I give GOD all the glory because I see challenges as a classroom to work hard even with no assistance.

RW: Moving-on, which of your track brought you to stardom?

ICE KYD: From my previous album, I have song titled (Government Pikin) before this recent one: "Climbing 2 Lagos"

RW: Are you currently signed on to any Record Label?

ICE KYD: Right now we are talking with Ghanian based entertainment company AFRINUN Entertainment on a deal but I'm still maintaining my record label NATURAL.

RW: How did the record label in Ghana get to hear about you?

ICE KYD: *laughs* I play most times in Ghana. I have fans all over Ghana, though I was introduced by a big friend of mine from Bayelsa State, Nigeria but based in Ghana.

RW: Using the Ghana experience, how was it performing outside of Nigeria for the first time?

ICE KYD: They like Nigerians very well and our dance style is really appreciated there, when I fuse the ETIGHI dance into my performance the crowd goes wild.

RW: Amongst all the stages you've performed, which will you consider the biggest stage for you as an artiste?

ICE KYD: Star mega jam stage was big, and playing for president GOODLUCK Jonathan, to mention a few,

RW: How will you call your kind of music?

ICE KYD: AFRO high-life.

RW: Where do you see your music career in the next two years with the pace you are going?

ICE KYD: The top.

RW: Who will you consider your role-model in music here in Nigeria?

ICE KYD: Timaya

RW: You did mention Lagos, "THE ENTERTAINMENT capital of Africa" - a city where a lot is happening in entertainment, are you thinking of relocating to Lagos so you can have a fair share?

ICE KYD: Not at all.
RW: Your Evergreen album was witnessed by International Stars here in Uyo, can you share your experience performing in such big stage and having world class stars in attendance?

ICE KYD: It was amazing and I was blown-away. The event which was a personal show happened on 14 September 2012 still remains evergreen in my mind. I had Mr. Ibu, Gentle Jack, Ini Edo, Timaya and Jackie Appiah in attendance. The album (Evergreen) was unveiled in grand style - Akwa Ibom State had not witnessed such since her creation.

RW: On a finale note...what advice would you give to any upcoming artist out there who is eager to become a successful artiste?

ICE KYD: Being your self is the best thing that can happen to any artiste. Stay off drugs, smoking and drinking. It is not the best way to grow in music business. I live by example no drinking and smoking.

http://www.rhodiesworld.com/index.php/personalities/item/514-rhodiesworld-in-an-exclusive-chat-with-ice-kyd

(1) (Reply)

Is Omotola Jalade ekeinde The Most Beautiful Actress In Nollywood? / Robbers Steal $330k From Justin Bieber In South Africa / Muna Impostor Dupes Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.