Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! (6711 Views)

Scam Alert Brownkad !!!! Do Business With Him At Your Risk / SCAM ALERT: Please Beware Of These two Gsm lines & Bank Accounts On Olx / ***Scam Alert***. ***Scam Alert***. ***Scam Alert*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 6:03am On Jan 23, 2013
Hello Good people of Nairaland. Please it is my pleasure to notify all that our esteemed auto section has been invaded by amateur scam artistes.

Their mode of operation is to advertise car with unrealistic attractive prices with location of car normally outside lagos. They offers to bring down the car to would be buyer location and request you make payment (N50k) for various reasons eg: registration, or to deliver the car to buyer's location, etc

This scam is very common in most other Nigerian sites viz: google trader, , etc

Please watchout for a suspect here with the usernames Kinx001, Ayomide001xxxx and Redeemer001. He is the same person, with same tel no and registered on this forum few days back on 23 January 2013.

His posts here smells scam and he claims his cars are at Ede and offered to bring it down to interested buyer. Infact in one of his post, he posted a Camry for sell at Ede, but forgot to edit out the Lagos yellow bus driving pass.

May God help us all.

Moderator please take note.

6 Likes

Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by AMADU77: 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
Good wrk

Keep it up n keep ur eyes open
Nairaland is becoming a big website in naija so scammers r coming

g
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by AMADU77: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
smileyNice
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2013
AMADU77: smileyNice

Thanks. The activity of this unscrupulous rogue affects both buyers and genuine dealers.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by stevecantrell: 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
The man from EDE, how u doin' ? I will pay into your bank account asap, don't mind these guys. grin

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
Updating......

Watch out for another suspect with username: FAMILYAGENT1. Registered on Nairaland on the 25 th January 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2013
Another of his username: BIZLINK101

Infact he is so annoyed of my exposure and he has started discrediting my ads on this forum.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by chelseabmw(m): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2013
Pls keep posting such ursername n links here.....You can also click on the report to a mod...Tnx
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by olanshi: 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Sunsat(m): 11:15am On Jan 27, 2013
Thanks man, I visited carsdey.com, I saw Toyota camry 2008 model @ N600:000, they claimed its custom seized cars and I should pay 50k for registering and to pay 550k upon delivery. How truth is the Nigerian custom auctioning seized cars.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by olanshi: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
@Olanshi, thanks for keeping this thread alive. It is our collective duties to expose all this scammers. Definately, their activities will rub off on the buyers and genuine dealers here.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sun-sat:
Thanks man, I visited carsdey.com, I saw Toyota camry 2008 model @ N600:000, they claimed its custom seized cars and I should pay 50k for registering and to pay 550k upon delivery. How truth is the Nigerian custom auctioning seized cars.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by eleven(m): 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
OP,

Nice effort sanitizing NL from scammers.

Please hook up with the OP of this thread: www.nairaland.com/1142530/list-known-scammers-nairaland-pls/4#14034419

Your goals are the same.

I don't know the possibility of modetrators merging threads, would have loved to suggest both threads (Yours and his) are merged together as one and pinned permanently to the front page to sensitize innocent people and reduce scam activities.

GOD bless you guys. Please keep it up.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by sycamore(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
Pls check these ones too:

tinamotors
charlse
charlse olade.....
Mr oladele

They r prolly the same person, same registration date. 27th january 2013.... There are a lot of registration on this same date.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
sycamore: Pls check these ones too:

tinamotors
charlse
charlse olade.....
Mr oladele

They r prolly the same person, same registration date. 27th january 2013.... There are a lot of registration on this same date.

These guys are on fire!

Mod, Nairaland have been invaded and the activities of this rogues, will impacts negatively on this forum. Please take this to front page or make it sticky!
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by eleven(m): 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
sycamore: Pls check these ones too:

tinamotors
charlse
charlse olade.....
Mr oladele

You are right about the registration. Its like scammers just discovered NL. Have been monitoring the stats of new members...the rate its growing is crazy since January this year. Monitor it and see for yourself.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
eleven: OP,

Nice effort sanitizing NL from scammers.

Please hook up with the OP of this thread: www.nairaland.com/1142530/list-known-scammers-nairaland-pls/4#14034419

Your goals are the same.

I don't know the possibility of modetrators merging threads, would have loved to suggest both threads (Yours and his) are merged together as one and pinned permanently to the front page to sensitize innocent people and reduce scam activities.

GOD bless you guys. Please keep it up.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope the mod will act fast. It is very obvious that this forum have been invaded.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
This fraudulent activity is getting out of hand. Imagine 2008 honda accord for 1.3 million naira or 2009 Acura MDX for 1.4 million naira.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by eleven(m): 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
payless: This fraudulent activity is getting out of hand. Imagine 2008 honda accord for 1.3 million naira or 2009 Acura MDX for 1.4 million naira.

Nice work @Payless. Saw your scam alert alerts comments on some threads now.

Its confirmed NAIRALAND has been invaded by THIEVES.

I hope the moderators and Seun takes this invasion seriously. Its not good for the image of the site.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
payless: This fraudulent activity is getting out of hand. Imagine 2008 honda accord for 1.3 million naira or 2009 Acura MDX for 1.4 million naira.

This is always their mode of operation.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by tboss2(m): 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sun-sat:
. In one word, SCAM!
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 4:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by olanshi: 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by FXKing2012(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
He has been included in the list of scammers here:
www.nairaland.com/1142530/list-known-scammers-nairaland-pls
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by FXKing2012(m): 12:12am On Jan 28, 2013
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by Fogman(m): 5:06am On Jan 28, 2013
Ok.
Re: Scam Alert! Scam Alert!! Scam Alert!!! by bisi16(m): 5:12am On Jan 28, 2013
ordinarilly ur brain shld be alerted when som rat asks 4 50k to bring a car 4u 2 buy. anyways, its gud u alerted coz some dull heads for dey, or go still fall 4 such scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2003 Model Sport Edition For Sale Now!!! / BRAND NEW 2014 Toyota Rav4.fullest Trim 8.7million / 2010 Model Ford Escape Toks Full Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.