Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing (1312 Views)

Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by nellaluv(f): 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
What do new born babies eat when the bré A st milk does not flow. I'm just curious cheesy . I was chatting with a neighbour and she said her bré A st milk didn't flow for three weeks. Whaaaat shocked how has your baby been surviving? She said she asked the nurse what her baby would eat, the nurse said nothing just put your baby's mouth on the bré A st till the milk comes out, lol. She just had to hide to feed her baby glucose and water, when the nurses are not there because if they finds out tongue Nigerian nurses can be cruel with their bad mouth and stink stare. Still that wasn't enough, the boy was always crying.
So Dear mothers, experienced midwives , nurses and those in the know please i'd like to know what new born eat when the brè A st milk does not flow.
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by Gambrosia: 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
Formula!!!! kiss
Well fortified with iron! kiss
Or lactose-free, if the infant cannot tolerate milk fat
Any mother should have a pediatrician or a PNP.
NO COW MILK FOR 6 months.
Gosh! Some threads na waya!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by greedie1(f): 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
formula
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by drnoel: 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
why would the breast of a married woman who just gave birth be dry. What is her husband doing there,...she should suck the thing na. Eh! if his baby can't suck hard enough to get the milk out then the husband should help the baby,..shikena! Or is that no sooo?
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by baby124: 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
OMG, i can imagine the panic everyone will be in if my baby ever pulled this stunt. . Both nuclear and extended families, no one will rest if my baby cant eat oh. AH! We will need a substitute or the best organic milk. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
Alomo bitters
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by nellaluv(f): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2013
drnoel: why would the breast of a married woman who just gave birth be dry. What is her husband doing there,...she should suck the thing na. Eh! if his baby can't suck hard enough to get the milk out then the husband should help the baby,..shikena! Or is that no sooo?

The husband is no show. He impregnated her and went back to S.A
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by nellaluv(f): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2013
dayokanu: Alomo bitters

Dude, why na. WWMGD?(what would mama g do?)
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by smartmom(f): 11:42am On Feb 15, 2013
For 3 weeks you said? shocked Must have been the baby wasnt sucking otherwise the hormones that triggers the 'let down'thing should have kicked in. She was probably stressed out causing the hormones to go whack! My advice would have been, 1st put the baby to the breast for a few minutes to stimulate the flow and later give the baby his formula. Very important though, she needs to rrrreeelaxxx especially in her thoughts. Keep her baby close to her constantly, cuddle him, enjoy him and the milk will flow.
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
What about pumping? Pump every 2 hrs and see what happens.
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gambrosia: Formula!!!! kiss
Well fortified with iron! kiss
Or lactose-free, if the infant cannot tolerate milk fat
Any mother should have a pediatrician or a PNP.
NO COW MILK FOR 6 months.
Gosh! Some threads na waya!!!! lipsrsealed
pls do u mean dat frm 6months plus baby can take cow milk?
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
cocospice:
pls do u mean dat frm 6months plus baby can take cow milk?

From birth.
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
jidegirl12:

From birth.
r u for real? Am refering to adult milk here which u n i knw is cow milk. Pls ejukate moi.
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by smartmom(f): 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hey Formula is cow's milk. Just that its made to resemble mother's milk by removing some fat etc so its more easily digestible by infants. Does that educate you now?
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
[quote author=smartmom]Hey Formula is cow's milk. Just that its made to resemble mother's milk by removing some fat etc so its more easily digestible by infants. Does that educate you now?[/quot

if dat wat she meant den am cool. Guess i tot otherwise. But i dont fink formula is been refered to as cow milk.
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by Jymes: 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
If the breasts are still hard and swollen, and she isnt stl producing milk. She should get very fresh cabbage, the first layers should be removed. Subsiquent ones should also be removed and placed on both bossoms. She should remove and place new ones after couple of minutes, say lik ten to fifteen minutes or there about. The cabbage will soften the breasts. It worked for me.
Re: Dear Mother's, What Do New Born Babies Eat When The Bré A St Milk Is Not Flowing by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2013
@Op I'm just wondering why a womans breast milk would stop flowing. Could it be as a result of hormanl imbalance or malfunction or her hubby simply sucked it dry. grin some men can be selfish sha!

(1) (Reply)

Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child / Pictures Of Nairalander Traditional Marriage And Wedding. / Mature Responses Required For This Couple Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.