Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Zambia's Coach Underestimates Eagles Ahead Of Meet-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zambia's Coach Underestimates Eagles Ahead Of Meet-up (527 Views)

Super Eagles Depart For Egypt Ahead Of Qualifier Match (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / 2013 AFCON: Nigeria To Play Zambia, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambia's Coach Underestimates Eagles Ahead Of Meet-up by Napolitano(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2013

Zambia coach, Herve Renard has tipped the Chipolopolo to beat Nigeria’s Super Eagles when the two sides clash in their second group C game at the ongoing 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

After posting draws in their opening games, both sides will be hard pressed to register their first win to reignite their flagging hopes of progressing to the last eight of the competition.

Renard who had previously written off the current Super Eagles as the worst Nigerian team he had ever watched believes the West Africans will not stand between them and a quarter final berth.

"We are going to reach the quarter finals. The performance (against Ethiopia) is my responsibility as coach. I saw the team in the first half didn't play well and we didn't play like we were ready for the Africa Cup of Nations," Renard told Zambian newspaper, the Post.

Renard then took the time to praise the Ethiopia side that drew 1-1 with the champions on Monday.

"I am not surprised that they Ethiopia played the way they did," said Renard. "I said before the tournament that we need to be careful with other teams because everyone is out to get the Afcon trophy,"

Friday’s game between Nigeria and Zambia will kick off by 4pm.

http://www.sportinferno.com/article/94/zambias-coach-underestimates-eagles-ahead-of-meet-up/
Re: Zambia's Coach Underestimates Eagles Ahead Of Meet-up by badassnigga(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
this is what Nigeria has reduced to in d eyes of minnow lyk Zambia cry

why won't pple tongue lash them when they r playing lyk pregnant dudes.
by Friday evening will start using calculator to calculate our chance to d next round. undecided
Re: Zambia's Coach Underestimates Eagles Ahead Of Meet-up by vokalguy(m): 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
wow... we sure have sinked so low in Africa, for this rookie coach who was LUCKY to win the ANC with his team, writing off our chances of beating his boys... what a shame
Re: Zambia's Coach Underestimates Eagles Ahead Of Meet-up by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Chai super-he-qoat......... sad
Re: Zambia's Coach Underestimates Eagles Ahead Of Meet-up by Akshow: 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
Why Una de blame am? Beside, he lie? Them no go beat us? Dont wanna round too pessimistic but our boys are not encouragin at all. I pray we win though
Re: Zambia's Coach Underestimates Eagles Ahead Of Meet-up by Napolitano(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
He's really bragging cos he is a defending champion

(1) (Reply)

AFCON - I Love That Arab Nations Are Getting Beaten / The Prophesy Of Nigeria's Victory / Adenuga Offers Keshi Range Rover, Camry, House •redeems Cash Award To SE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.