Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,400 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk (10646 Views)

Herbal Skin Care Talk? Talk To A Professional. / Organic Skin Therapy:a Must Have / Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by Yvete(f): 7:52am On Jan 24, 2013
Hey Beauties,

Lets talk natural skincare. What homemade products have you tried on your skin and how has it worked for you?

Lately, I've been getting compliments on my skin that could be attributed to the 'new stuff' that I've started doing.
My profile: Combination skin(face), Dry skin(body), and barely wears makeup. Well, occasionally grin

I made a homemade exfoliating scrub with blended raw oats, raw honey, dry green tea leaves (from used tea bags), sugar and any cheap anti-acne product. (Apply on face, neck and shoulders & my skin glows, quite amazingly! Honey attracts moisture to keep skin soft, smooth and moisturized naturally. I also use the egg white method to reduce pores - works like a charm (check youtube vids on that).
Use Hempz Herbal Moisturizing lotion - $12.99 on amazon for 17oz bottle. All natural and very moisturizing too - Dry skin miracle!

Petrochemicals like petrolatum, mineral oil and paraffin should not be used in natural personal care products. These chemical preservatives are derived from a non-renewable resource that is extracted from the earth. There may be a place for them in some products, but don’t think skincare is one of them. The secret is to learn to read labels, and refuse to settle for all-synthetic products. I also learned that the first 5 products on the ingredients list has the highest concentration in a product.

SYNTHETIC INGREDIENTS TO AVOID
Cleansers: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and Sodium Myreth Sulfate (note that they are all sulfates)
Petrochemicals: Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, and Paraffin
Preservatives: Parabens (all of them) and DMDM Hydantoin.
Chemical Sunscreens: Oxybenzone, Avobenzone, and Octinoxate
Moisturizers: Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, and Polyisobutene

2 Likes

Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by imperiouxx(m): 2:22am On Jan 25, 2013
I'm Negro and I want to change my complexion to white like that of the Caucasians. Hope your homemade skincare product can be formulated for that purpose? Hoping to get your feedback. Thanks ma'am. grin
Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by Yvete(f): 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
imperiouxx: I'm Negro and I want to change my complexion to white like that of the Caucasians. Hope your homemade skincare product can be formulated for that purpose? Hoping to get your feedback. Thanks ma'am. grin

Haha!! Maybe we should formulate a natural bleaching product that can make you look like the new' Lil Kim' -- Bleached beyond recognition!
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by imperiouxx(m): 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
Yvete:

Haha!! Maybe we should formulate a natural bleaching product that can make you look like the new' Lil Kim' -- Bleached beyond recognition!
grin cheesy grin cheesy

I don't want bleach but I need formula.
Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by skinmdnatural: 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
Skin MD Natural turns the outer layer of skin into what works like an invisible pair of gloves to keep the skin's own natural moisture in and the moisture robbing elements and irritants out. It was especially formulated for the face but our first 1000 test subjects and customers convinced us it was also an outstanding body and hand lotion.

Skin MD Natural has the most full and transparent disclosure of actual ingredients in the skin care industry, and we are currently serializing these on our Facebook page.

Skin MD Natural is an alternative to conventional moisturizing lotions and protective creams. Conventional lotions only attempt to replace natural moisture with artificial moisture but they don't really work because they constantly come off and must be frequently reapplied. They also send the wrong message to your skin that it is being adequately moisturized when it is not.

Skin MD Natural also has a fantastic new humectant (an ingredient that pulls in moisture from the air). Skin MD Natural's humectant pulls in 6 times the amount of moisture than the best humectant that was available prior to our introduction.

Skin MD Natural is also vital for those people who work with their hands who know they should be wearing gloves but do not or cannot or, gloves cause them skin irritation. If you know you should be wearing gloves but are not - at least apply Skin MD Natural. Here is a video that may be of interest to you. It shows Skin MD Natural protecting skin from rock-dissolving acid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMYqFO4qD2E

Many hundreds of articles have been published about Skin MD Natural. To view some of these feel free to Google "Skin MD Natural".

Shielding lotions, like Skin MD Natural, have also been prominently featured on the National Skin Care Institute's web site.

Feel free to review and Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/SkinMDNaturalAfrica or Follow us on LinkedIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/skin-md-natural-africa or https://plus.google.com/109208747250143753647.

Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by Mimiano: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
You can achieve a beautiful skin without the use of steroids, hydroquinone, mercury and harsh chemicals. Our speciality skin brightening cream is infused with safe and effective skin brightening herbs that will smoothen and nourish your skin,get rid of blemishes, brighten, moisturise and give your skin a healthy and radiant glow... we also customise body cream to suit an individual skin. order now and be happy with your skin... contact :08053341539 08175186005 bbm pin: 2B3933D8
Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by feflomica(f): 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
My name ıs Toyin, ceo of Aneth skincare, we are here to make your skin dreams come true, do you av any kind of skin blemishes? Dark knuclkes, stretch marks, sunburn, sunscreen, spot remover, you want to lighten or whiten your skin? We are here for u cos our products are organic... Contact us on 08072213686......A trial will convince u

Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by homesodear: 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
Do you desire a BEAUTIFUL skin tone? Get rid of DARK KNUCKLES, knees and spots fast, without the harsh side effects of mercury, hydroquinone or steroids? Do you desire FLAWLESS, YOUNGER and HEALTHY skin? Flawless Skin Managers will help you rediscover your skin’s natural beauty safely and gently enhance your skin tone and lighten your complexion as desired with our easy-do-it-yourself exciting Classes. Get exhaustive knowledge with great tips and ideas and a great perfect basis to do it yourself like a pro, all for less in the comfort of your home in our JUNE classes.
Come get it @ the Flawless Skin Managers Do It yourself Skin Lightening Training and Skill Development seminar.

Duration: 2 days
FOR LAGOS PARTICIPANTS AND IT’S ENVIRONS
COST PER HEAD: N40, 000
DATE: 19TH AND 20TH JUNE, 2015
VENUE: WELLNESS PLACE, SECOND FLOOR, BUFFALO HOUSE, 2 ALLEN AVENUE , IKEJA, LAGOS.

FOR PORT HACOURT PARTICIPANTS AND IT’S ENVIRONS
COST PER HEAD: N50, 000
DATE: 26TH AND 27TH JUNE, 2015
VENUE: 1 AMEN CLOSE BY MINI EZEKWU STR, OFF OKPORO ROAD, BY FIRST ARTILLERY BUSTOP, PORT HACOURT, RIVERS STATE

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Models, Spas and Beauty parlours owners, Skin therapists, Cosmetics/Skin care entrepreneurs, aspiring business owners, open to all male and female

COVERAGE:
• Skin Anatomy
• Facials for different skin Types/Skin Lightening soap recipe
• How to use Chemical Peel/Lactic Acid cream recipe
• Removal of dark Spots, Dark knuckles and Dark Knees
• Acne/Essential oil Treatment/Essential oils for Skin Lightening
• Homemade Cream recipes for Skin lightening (Night use)
• Homemade Facial Wipes/Anti Ageing Vitamin Serum
• Fast Stretch Marks removal that really works!!

Time: 10am prompt.

FEES include Registration and Lecture, Course Materials, Selected Skin Care goody bags, Product sampling, Group Photograph, Snacks and Lunch and Certificate of Participation.
PARTICIPATION: Please confirm your participation by calling or add on Whatsapp 08034917464. Free gift for the first 20 participants to register. You could also send an email to flawlessskinmanagers@gmail.com for more enquiries.
Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by sopretty: 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
Do u desire a flawless skin? Do u desire to be to lighten up from head to toe without the fear of dark knuckles and veracious veins? Are u embarrassed cos of ur uneven skin tone and blemish full skin? Then so pretty skincare will help u take care of everything, we sell and customise creams for ppl
Egyptian milk
Snow white cream
Half cast cream
Hot chocolate cream
Stretch marks removal cream
Baby glow cream
Lightening cream
Whitening cream
Toning cream
Dark knuckles, knees and elbows removal cream
7 days lightening black soap and lots more
We also train ppl on skincare just for 5000 you will become a master therapist, just chat me up on whatsapp 09024838720

Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by albany01: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2016
Hello Everyone

Would like to share few points about one of the skin type (dry skin and care).
When you starting worried about your skin , then you should start thinking of home remedies which works naturally and gives a better result without any side effects.

If you’re in search of home remedies for dry skin, you’ve definitely come to the right place. Unfortunately, the older you get, the more likely it is that you’ll have to deal with this skin problem. As we age, our skin endures more and more sun damage and our bodies don’t produce as much skin cell turnover, resulting in more dry skin. Plus, our skin gets thinner over time and loses its ability to retain as much moisture it used to. All of these factors make home remedies for dry skin even more important.
Read More...3 Unbelievably Easy Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by marthy01: 5:43am On Feb 09, 2017
MAREVAZ BEAUTY HAUZ
Acning? Stretch marks? Dark knuckles/patches? Uneven skin tone? Or what you desire is to lighten/whiten naturally without blemish? Then you need to know this......
Its of important to know that lightening or whitening products doesn't require mercury or steriod for them to be effective... And that is why we have worked hard towards bringing to you safe steriod-free but yet effective products which can be used conveniently without any side effects.
Our products covers a wide range of skin care products which includes;
*Whitening products (Arabic, halfcaste, snowhite, Egyptian, Moroccan)
*lightening products
*hot chocolate products
*Hair treatment
*knuckle treatment
*pimples and acne treatment
*Stretch mark treatment
*slimming treatment
*skin reaction treatment
*Glutathione pills and injections and many more skin care products.

We don't need to write a full page as our client's reviews are enough to proof our products efficacy.
Get our products today & be glad you ain't changing from one product to another
For inquiries?
Follow us on instagram: threbiys_martti Or marevaz_beautyhauz.
And for REVIEWS of our products and services, check & follow us on our facebook page "Marevaz beauty hauz" where you can have a full sight of our services.....
Contact us on +2348130901909 (whatsapp) for further inquiries.
We are located at Iyana prince along Adigbe road Abeokuta, Ogun state Nigeria.
We make delivery worldwide.

Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by faridaleslie: 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
please i need a need to join any whatsap group for talking about skin care
Re: Natural And Organic Skin Care Talk by monica905: 12:42pm On May 30, 2018
I tried using herbal Cell Repair Oil which healthy feel on extreme dry skin conditions. It is rich in anti-oxidants so my skin look soft ,shiny. You too can have a try. smiley.To get this product online goto https://www.verduracare.com/cell-repair-oil.php.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Among Africa Next Top Model Finalists / Does Anyone Have Great Skincare Tips For Very Oily Skin? / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.