Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? (844 Views)

Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola / Uncharged Cellphones Banned On US Flights From Africa And Asia / Nigerian Reunion In Atlanta June 30- July 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? by Emiree: 10:47am On Jan 24, 2013
Hi all,

Please help a sister out. The Delta airline website is not fully updated for flight bookings from Nigeria, and their landline number is to going through. I'd like to know if anyone has taken a direct flight to atlanta from Lagos recently, and if it was up to par. I did Lagos New York via Arik air 2 years ago and the service was horrible all through, not even enough food to go round on a 10hr flight, plus really paper thin blankets. I wouldn't want to have a repeat of that and would appreciate comments please. Stay blessed!!!
Re: Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? by Emiree: 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
Someone please help me now... I'm sure with the thousands of nairlanders in the diaspora I can get good feedback here. Moderators, please assist put this on front page. Thanks
Re: Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? by ifegy: 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
Yes the Atl-Lag flight with Delta is still on.
Did a round trip recently. I and several others had issues with delayed luggage at both ends of the trip, so you might want to consider either a sole carry-on or be prepared to follow up with their luggage dept.
Based on the Arik experience, the Delta in-flight service is better.
Re: Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? by hypotallamus: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2013
Yes the flights are still running. You might want to log in directly to delta website to see the frequency.

1 Like

Re: Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? by Emiree: 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
Thank you all so much. I wonder why there would be baggage issues though. Didn't they load all the luggage on the flight, or were you connecting to another flight from Atlanta?
Re: Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? by ifegy: 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
Emiree: Thank you all so much. I wonder why there would be baggage issues though. Didn't they load all the luggage on the flight, or were you connecting to another flight from Atlanta?

Well, my luggage got left behind both in Atlanta and in Lagos. One explanation I got was that it had been happening on the Lagos flight on several occasions because the flight was typically overloaded, with people bringing on tons of luggage, so that luggage would end up getting left behind and put on a later flight. I guess that's not surprising considering the way people pack like there's no tomorrow when flying to/from Lagos.
For me, it was ironic because I only had one piece of luggage, which consistently got left behind on the round trip.
Just keep track of all your luggage tags, boarding passes, flight details, etc., and Delta contact details for delayed baggage, etc., and follow up with them consistently. I complained on the Delta website, laid out all the details and sent them the receipts for the out of pocket costs I incurred due to the delay, and they agreed to reimburse me.
Re: Are Lagos Atlanta Direct Flights Still Running? by gistcity(m): 6:32am On Feb 16, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Does Any1 Know Much Abt Barbados because I Heared Its A Visa Free Country 2 9ja / US Finally Cancels Visa Lottery, Many Africans/nigerians To Lose Out / Accra Institute Of Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.