Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head (545 Views)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / I Am A Rare Babalawo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 6:15pm On Jan 24, 2013
When my friend was little(age8) his dad took him to a herbalist, the herbalist made some incantations, used blade to cut a part of his head, made incantaions again and then removed/evoked some cowries from his head. Now he is older(18 years) and he remembered the incident, asked his dad to explain the meaning of what the herbalist did, his dad has refused to comment on it. What exactly did the whole process mean?
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
he removed cowry from inside the head
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by advocate666: 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
it means that your friend's papa was duped.
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
advocate666: it means that your friend's papa was duped.

But what did the whole ritual mean?

(1) (Reply)

Incorruptible Things / Mr Moderator - Christian And Muslim Topic / Whu Do You Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.