Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) (2762 Views)

Do You Have The Gene Of The Father? / Being Born Gay Is Like Being Born Into A Race / Random And Crazy Posters Of The Prosperity Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by advocate666: 11:17am On Jan 26, 2013
Evil Brain:

Eurasia has hot deserts, cold deserts, temperate, Mediterranean, arctic and tropical climates. Plus, as long as you keep avoid going north or south, you can travel for thousands of kilometers in one direction and still get roughly the same climate, making it easier for agriculture to spread. The long east-west axis is probably the most important advantage Eurasia has.

Africa has semi-desert, the Sahara, tropical, and some small areas with Mediterranean climate. Nowhere as diverse as Eurasia.

I think a picture (or 3) speaks a thousand words.
[img]http://www.bu.edu/africa/files/2010/10/covimg11.gif[/img]

Africa is huge. Not only do we have the north/south axis of diversity, we also have the east west continuity in the sahara and immediate tropical sub-sahara. There is reality as shown by the maps above, and there is perspectives as shown by school atlas.

Evil Brain: The hunter gatherer lifestyle cannot support a large or urbanized population. Thats why gorillas and chimpanzees dont live in large cities. This stuff about Africans gathering food in the bush like monkeys is rascist bullshît. And our ancestors have been farming for 12,000 years. They were not lazy.

I think you completely misunderstood me here. Maybe the term "lazy" got to you but it was a necessary evolutional lazyness in that it was the optimum thing to do at that time. It is just how evolution is. 99% of european plants shed leaves in autumn. We have fruits all year round. Of course our ancestors were farming but because of lack of extremely harsh climate conditions, didn't need to process and store food. We can plant divers crops in diverse seasons, so why invent a mass storage system? The eurasian had to store food so as not to starve in the winter. He thus had to constantly invent better ways of doing such: farming, transporting and storage. Thus increasing his technological know how.

Evil Brain: We know where plants and animals originally came from from archeology, paleontology, genetic studies and sometimes historical records. The science is pretty solid so I'm not going to waste time arguing about it. Either use Google to educate yourself, or just take my word for it. And FYI, cattle were first domesticated in Mesopotamia about 11,000 years ago. I don't know what the Fulanis were doing before that, but they definitely weren't herding cows.

archeology, paleontology, genetic studies and historical records do not tell us where plants and animals originally came from. They tell us where plants and animals have been at a certain point in time.
If you didn't know what the Fulanis were doing how are definite they were not herding livestock?

Evil Brain: Wrong. The first modern humans left Africa only 100,000 years ago. We haven't been evolving long enough for that amount of change to happen. Besides, the differences between the races are mostly superficial and much less than the variability within each race. For some reason, you are looking down on your own ancestors and accusing them of being bums. And you're so focused on us lagging behind the Europeans that you haven't even noticed that we're way ahead of the native Americans, Australian aboriginals Polynesians and countless other cultures around the world. You need to stop all the self-hate and learn to appreciate where you came from, even thought it's not perfect.

This is the typical African man's complex brain reasonning! As long as he destroys those better than himself, he can wallow in the glory of being better than everyone else. You have just mentally destroyed european superiority as racist while glowing in your superiority of other races. Instead of fighting to make ourselves better, we continually lie to ourselves.
Evidence gathered so far shows, as you said, that the first humans left africa about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. These populations mixed with other humanoid populations in the world. (the neantherthals are the most common). Their offsprings became genetically superior, because that's how evolution works. (see Obama. grin grin) Please note that a slight insignificant genetic change can have gigantic physical and mental consequences. Consider that all the difference you see between us and chimps are based on only 2% of genetic viariation. And one extra chromosome gives you a special needs baby. So it may not be as superficial as you think.
I am not looking down on my ancestors. I am just being realistic.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by SNCOQ3(m): 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
belabela:

The above line is not contradictory. That was why I said if prosperity is about belief (faith) then all Jews should be prosperous but that is not the case. Even in modern Israel there are poor Jews. To belief there is a God is not the same as understanding that God is sovereign over all things. To think that because I am a christian for example then I must prosper financially or materially is simply not true. Faith (belief) may help me understand that behind everything in life is God but having that faith does not necessarily make me prosperous. Let me also say that God does not give wealth and riches only to those who obey and follow him. In his divine providence God has allowed several evil men to prosper and even rule the world such as Pharaoh and Nebuchadnezzar. In other words the fact that you have a belief does not necessarily translate into material and financial prosperity. Only those whom God bless the work of their hands eventually prospers irrespective of their belief but they must be hardworking.

Alright, their was no contradiction just a misconception with our understanding of belief; To make it clearer, by belief- as opposed to gene, I mean conviction, worldview, faith, philosophy, outlook and every ism at the heart of a people's culture.

As per prosperity, it is not limited to financial and material gain. We're also talking about making progress in every field of human endeavor.

As for Hard work, I am not comfortable with the phrase "God and hardwork" because a belief in the God of the bible mandates you to work hard. The Bible is our final authority and this is what it says:

A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.
Prov 6:10-11

The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor.
Prov 12:24

In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty.
Prov 14:23

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.
Prov 13:4

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
Col 3:23

Rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man,
Ephesians 6:7

Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world
Phil 2:14-15

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.
Prov 6:6-8

And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one.
1 Thess 4:11-12

As for the Jews:
They make up 0.2 percent of the world population yet:
54 percent of the world chess champions,
27 percent of the Nobel physics laureates
31 percent of the medicine laureates.

They make up 2 percent of the U.S. population yet:
21 percent of the Ivy League student bodies,
26 percent of the Kennedy Center honorees,
37 percent of the Academy Award-winning directors,
38 percent of those on a recent Business Week list of leading philanthropists,
51 percent of the Pulitzer Prize winners for nonfiction.
http://jewishachievementblog.com/?p=95#more-95

Why?

In my studies of the Jews, I have learnt from different sources that in Judaism, Intellectual pursuit is an act of worship; You cannot separate the worship of God from hard work and the aquisition of knowledge of how the world created by God works-- It is at the heart of the Jewish culture.
-----------------
All the countries in the (middle eastern) region talk about encouraging innovation. Some oil-rich states spend billions trying to build science centers. But places like Silicon Valley and Tel Aviv are created by a confluence of cultural forces, not money. The surrounding nations do not have the tradition of free intellectual exchange and technical creativity.
For example, between 1980 and 2000, Egyptians registered 77 patents in the U.S. Saudis registered 171. Israelis registered 7,652.

-----------------

The Jewish faith encourages a belief in progress and personal accountability. It is learning-based, not rite-based.
-Steven L. Pease

The reason Jews prosper and are successful is not in their genes but in their training and their religion.
-Rabbi Daniel Lapin
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
SNCOQ3:

Its not like we were surrounded by Kilimanjaro; Even at that, to the adventurous mind, their are no excuses.
West Africa for example had geography, mineral resources and access to the sea to her advantage. Their was in-fighting among the tribes and war between kingdoms, their were trade routes too( if there are non, we could have created one through exploration; Afterall, we migrated to were we are).

Do you think belief(cultural, religious, non-religious, philosophical...etc) or gene determined our rate of progress or retardation as a race?

Problems with your comments.

1) There were no trade routes for West Africa. Well, until the Arabs came to conquer. Egypt and Morroco (North Africa)had trade routes.

2) There was less infighting in West Africa compared to European history or Arab or Jewish history

Belief and genetics have nothing to do with progress.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2013
SNCOQ3:

Alright, their was no contradiction just a misconception with our understanding of belief; To make it clearer, by belief- as opposed to gene, I mean conviction, worldview, faith, philosophy, outlook and every ism at the heart of a people's culture.

As per prosperity, it is not limited to financial and material gain. We're also talking about making progress in every field of human endeavor.

As for Hard work, I am not comfortable with the phrase "God and hardwork" because a belief in the God of the bible mandates you to work hard. The Bible is our final authority and this is what it says:

As for the Jews:

Why?

In my studies of the Jews, I have learnt from different sources that in Judaism, Intellectual pursuit is an act of worship; You cannot separate the worship of God from hard work and the aquisition of knowledge of how the world created by God works-- It is at the heart of the Jewish culture.
-----------------
All the countries in the (middle eastern) region talk about encouraging innovation. Some oil-rich states spend billions trying to build science centers. But places like Silicon Valley and Tel Aviv are created by a confluence of cultural forces, not money. The surrounding nations do not have the tradition of free intellectual exchange and technical creativity.
For example, between 1980 and 2000, Egyptians registered 77 patents in the U.S. Saudis registered 171. Israelis registered 7,652.

-----------------

The Jewish faith encourages a belief in progress and personal accountability. It is learning-based, not rite-based.
-Steven L. Pease

The reason Jews prosper and are successful is not in their genes but in their training and their religion.
-Rabbi Daniel Lapin

I see that you're a Jewish slave. You believe in their non-existent God.

1) Take a look at Asians. Chinese are now dominating Ivy league schools in America
2) Japan is the world centre for technology.
3) China is going to be the largest and strongest economy soon.
4) Asia is going to be the next dominant market in the world with more shopping centres there than any other continent.

You should also know that Chinese and Japanese are very atheistic people who dont believe in the fake Jewish god.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by SNCOQ3(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
plaetton:

I agree with most of what you wrote in the beginning, until you got to the god part.
Its funny and sad how goddism always messes up a good intellect.

Your last sentence of your conclusion is complete baloney, a glaring contradiction.
How can success be a product of god and hardwork?.
It is either one or the other.
Let god make up his mind.lol
This is unnecessary. God and hardwork are not mutually exclusive. I have made it clear with the scriptures i quoted in my previous post.
here is another one:
-------------------
...In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working."
John 5:17

Hardwork in the bible is an act of worship:

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
Col 3:23
-------------------

You goddists are so mischeiviously clever in always to trying to sneak god into every success and sneaking him out of every failure.
A baseless accusation unbefitting of the way we'd like this discourse to flow.

If success comes as a result of hard work,which is self evident, then give due credit to hard work.
If success comes from god, then kindly show us who,where, when and how god bestows success. Tell us the criteria or formula that god uses to determine to whom he should bestow success, and to whom to deny such.
I repeat. Hard work is an integral part of the christian faith.
In a society where cronyism prevails over merit, where injustice, corruption is the order; you need more than hardwork to scale through without compromising noble values- You need God to bless your hardwork:
-------------------
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Psalm 128:2
-------------------

Right here in Terra Firma, Man is the master of his destiny, for good or for bad.
Man's journey and ultimate destination in this part of existence is neither determined nor influenced by the machinations of any god or gods(real or imagined) in the sky or in the earth.
Your dogma. Anyway, this is what is relevant to the subject matter. So for you, its belief not gene.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by SNCOQ3(m): 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

I see that you're a Jewish slave. You believe in their non-existent God.
please keep it clean. You have tried to focus on the issue so far- don't spoil it.

1) Take a look at Asians. Chinese are now dominating Ivy league schools in America
2) Japan is the world centre for technology.
3) China is going to be the largest and strongest economy soon.
4) Asia is going to be the next dominant market in the world with more shopping centres there than any other continent.

Firstly,You have to back your assertion up with the relevant data. Its a well known fact that Israel is the center of technology.
Secondly, you're missing the point.
Don't get me wrong; Japan is an advanced society and China is making great progress.

You should also know that Chinese and Japanese are very atheistic people who dont believe in the fake Jewish god.
What is relevant to this topic is: At the heart of the Japanese culture is Kaizen (Japanese philosophy of achieving perfection). The design of their ancient sword, martial art and modern technology is an evidence of their pursuit of perfection which is actually a belief.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by advocate666: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
SNCOQ3: As for Hard work, I am not comfortable with the phrase "God and hardwork" because a belief in the God of the bible mandates you to work hard.

SNCOQ3: I repeat. Hard work is an integral part of the christian faith.
In a society where cronyism prevails over merit, where injustice, corruption is the order; you need more than hardwork to scale through without compromising noble values- You need God to bless your hardwork:

So you don't believe in miracles?
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by plaetton: 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
SNCOQ3:

As for the Jews:

Why?

-----------------

-----------------

-Steven L. Pease

-Rabbi Daniel Lapin

The bolded is complete bullshyt. Your studies indeed. have you published such studies for peer review? More like your desperate attempt to justify your goddism.

In your studies, you forgot to tell us what percentage of Jews are religious or actually believe in god. You would be surprised.

lets look at this issue objectively. First, who are the jews?
The jews are not a race onto themselves. Hardly so.
They are one of semitic races just like arabs.
Now, what sets a jew apart from an arab is not genes, but religion and culture.
So, we can agree that a strong devotion to their religion and culture has helped keep them closely knit.

But more than anything else, the impetus and desperate urge to survive is what has made jews seem somewhat unique from other races.
Scattered from time to time, always sorrounded by hostile enemies and occupiers, always on the verge of extinction, the powerful human impetus to survive has been the perfect bond that held the jews together.

Living on the fringes of other civilizations, far as history is concerned, the jews never built any enduring civilisation, and hardly ever left any enduring historical legacies. For most of their history, they were a people always living on the fringes of other more powerful civilizations.
Since jews never had access to power,they were relegated to live as traders, money lenders and smiths. These were seen as less noble occupations in those days.
If you know a little about how modern banking evolved from money lenders and goldsmiths, then you would understand how the jews have steadily grown very powerful over the last many centuries.

Education ,education, education.
Education has always been the great equalizer.
This is something that Jews realized long long before anyone else.
This is also something that our brain dead African leaders are yet to realize, even in this century.

In summary, success brings success. Jews educate their children and pass on their legacies to them to continue from where they stopped.
So, yes , religion and culture has been indirectly responsible for the success of the jews in modern times by giving them a unique identity, the same religion and culture, in their past, also gave them nothing but pain, persecution and failure as a civilization.

Todays Jews are a mixture of European and other Asian races.

Todays Jews are far less religious than their less successful ancestors. Majority of today's jews are cultural jews ,and not religious jews.

It is laughable to ascribe the success of a race to god. History does not agree with that. I find it laughable when someone deliberately ignores 95% of known human history just to make a case for the 5%.

Can we also say the success of the Egyptian civilization for 4000yrs was god inspired? How about the Greek civilisation? How about the Babylonian civilisation? How about the Roman Empire and civilisation?

Where are all these previously successful civilisations now? Did god abandon them or did they abandon god?

And which god is responsible for the 5000 yr old Chinese civilisation that has endured to this day and is currently on the verge of dominating the entire world?

So, do you get my drift?
God remains the same today, as it has always been: A creation of the mind.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
SNCOQ3:
please keep it clean. You have tried to focus on the issue so far- don't spoil it.

Firstly,You have to back your assertion up with the relevant data. Its a well known fact that Israel is the center of technology.
Don't get me wrong; Japan is an advanced society and China is making great progress.

What is relevant to this topic is: At the heart of the Japanese culture is Kaizen (Japanese philosophy of achieving perfection). The design of their ancient sword, martial art and modern technology is an evidence of their pursuit of perfection which is actually a belief.

Ah......Japanese. Kaizen means "continuous improvement" it doesnt mean perfection. It is a philosophy that gets translated into business. It is not a belief. I studied Japanese management and I have a japanese gf.

Isreal is so far away from the centre of technology that your statement is wrong. Have you looked at the cars you drive in Nigeria? Toyota, Honda, Nissan. £ most common cars. Our electronics come from Japan- Sharp, Sony etc.

Japan is the most technologically advanced country in the world
http://loonybg.hubpages.com/hub/Facts-of-Japan-Technologically-advanced

Chinese students in American univeristies
http://www.cnn.co.uk/2012/11/25/world/asia/china-ivy-league-admission/index.html

I would like to know how isreal is the technological centre and what they produce.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by plaetton: 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
SNCOQ3:

Man, you crack me up.

Sooooo much convoluted logic.

1.Israel is the center of technology? Out of context. every major country is a center of one technology or another.
2. What are we talking about here, culture or god? They are not the same.
3. A belief is not necessariy a religion. For example, I believe that you talking baloney. Is that a religion?
4. So modern technology is one of the fruits of religious belief? na wa for this one

5. What about China? To what belief do you ascribe their enduring civilization and current supremacy in commerce and technology?, Hard work, focus, dedication, visionary leadership or good old time tested worship of god?
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
plaetton:

Man, you crack me up.

Sooooo much convoluted logic.

1.Israel is the center of technology? Out of context. every major country is a center of one technology or another.
2. What are we talking about here, culture or god? They are not the same.
3. A belief is not necessariy a religion. For example, I believe that you talking baloney. Is that a religion?
4. So modern technology is one of the fruits of religious belief? na wa for this one

5. What about China? To what belief do you ascribe their enduring civilization and current supremacy in commerce and technology?, Hard work, focus, dedication, visionary leadership or good old time tested worship of god?

Please, read my comment above. The guy was talking about things he doesnt know cheesy

Logicboy03:

Ah......Japanese. Kaizen means "continuous improvement" it doesnt mean perfection. It is a philosophy that gets translated into business. It is not a belief. I studied Japanese management and I have a japanese gf.

Isreal is so far away from the centre of technology that your statement is wrong. Have you looked at the cars you drive in Nigeria? Toyota, Honda, Nissan. £ most common cars. Our electronics come from Japan- Sharp, Sony etc.

http://www.cnn.co.uk/2012/11/25/world/asia/china-ivy-league-admission/index.html

I would like to know how isreal is the technological centre and what they produce.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by plaetton: 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Please, read my comment above. The guy was talking about things he doesnt know cheesy

It is amazing just how far people will go in a desperate atempt to turn water into wine in broad daylight. lol
cheesy
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by plaetton: 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
@SNCOQ3:

And by the way, our ancestors also had beliefs and worshipped gods, did they not?

So what happened? Where they dailing the wrong celestial number?
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by SNCOQ3(m): 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
advocate666:

So you don't believe in miracles?

I believe in miracles. God blessing the works of my hands his one of them. I'll get back to you on the gene thing.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by EvilBrain1(m): 4:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
@advocate666

You're missing the point. Your pictures are irrelevant because the I was comparing the diversity of climates not the size of the continents. In any case, I hope you're not suggesting that Africa is bigger than Eurasia (hint: its not!).

advocate666:
Africa is huge. Not only do we have the north/south axis of diversity, we also have the east west continuity in the sahara and immediate tropical sub-sahara. There is reality as shown by the maps above, and there is perspectives as shown by school atlas.

Africa's long north-south axis is a disadvantage. Plus the variety of climates is nowhere close to Eurasia's.
The east-west distance is far smaller than Eurasia's. Read my original link again, including all the subsequent pages. It seems you don't understand yet.

advocate666:

I think you completely misunderstood me here. Maybe the term "lazy" got to you but it was a necessary evolutional lazyness in that it was the optimum thing to do at that time. It is just how evolution is. 99% of european plants shed leaves in autumn. We have fruits all year round. Of course our ancestors were farming but because of lack of extremely harsh climate conditions, didn't need to process and store food. We can plant divers crops in diverse seasons, so why invent a mass storage system? The eurasian had to store food so as not to starve in the winter. He thus had to constantly invent better ways of doing such: farming, transporting and storage. Thus increasing his technological know how.

Like I said before, not enough time has passed for Eurasians to evolve to the degree you're suggesting. Also, your "harsh European climate" theory falls down for 2 reasons.
1. Eurasians left Africa 120,000 to 60,000 years ago but have only been farming for 12,000 years. If the European winter was so bad; what do you think they were eating for the first 50-100,000 years? The truth is that there plenty of food in Europe, even in the winter. They could hunt animals, dig up roots, eat bugs, fish, etc. And those who couldn't find any food simply moved south as the weather changed. No need to store anything, and no evidence that they did before the neolithic revolution. That's what hunting/gathering is all about.
2. Have you ever been to Europe? I don't know where you're getting this harsh weather idea from, but the weather in large parts of it is lovely. There is a wide belt with temperate, beautiful, sunny weather stretching all the way from Portugal to Japan, more than 3 times Africa's widest diameter (which happens to be where inhospitable the Sahara desert is). The winter is southern Spain is like AC weather. Meanwhile, unless you live in South Africa or the north african coast, here you only have a choice between crazy hot weather, and sahara desert.

advocate666: archeology, paleontology, genetic studies and historical records do not tell us where plants and animals originally came from. They tell us where plants and animals have been at a certain point in time.
If you didn't know what the Fulanis were doing how are definite they were not herding livestock?

Wrong. We know in fairly fine detail where most plants and animals originated, where they where first domesticated, and where they've been since then. Like I said, the science behind this is rock solid. Also I know that the Fulani's weren't herding cows 11,000 years ago because there were no cows to herd back then. And there were no Fulani's as we know now them. Take your time to think about how big a number 11,000 is for a while. Ancient Egypt was 4000 years ago. We are talking about 7,000 years before that!

advocate666:
This is the typical African man's complex brain reasonning! As long as he destroys those better than himself, he can wallow in the glory of being better than everyone else. You have just mentally destroyed european superiority as racist while glowing in your superiority of other races. Instead of fighting to make ourselves better, we continually lie to ourselves.

I'm not glorying in being better than in anyone. I'm just pointing out that we Africans are in the middle of the pack, not at the back. That's nothing to be ashamed about because in most endeavors, almost everybody has at least one person ahead of them. The same applies here.

advocate666: Evidence gathered so far shows, as you said, that the first humans left africa about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. These populations mixed with other humanoid populations in the world. (the neantherthals are the most common). Their offsprings became genetically superior, because that's how evolution works. (see Obama. grin grin) Please note that a slight insignificant genetic change can have gigantic physical and mental consequences. Consider that all the difference you see between us and chimps are based on only 2% of genetic viariation. And one extra chromosome gives you a special needs baby. So it may not be as superficial as you think.
I am not looking down on my ancestors. I am just being realistic.

You're totally wrong. The latest and best research shows that the differences are just that superficial. Though you can carry out your own genetic studies if you're so sure that the oyimbos are a superior race.

NB: Edited for clarity.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by advocate666: 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
SNCOQ3:
I believe in miracles. God blessing the works of my hands his one of them. I'll get back to you on the gene thing.

If I understand you well, you are saying that the result of hardwork is a miracle?
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
SNCOQ3:

As for the Jews:

Why?

-----------------

-----------------

-Steven L. Pease

-Rabbi Daniel Lapin

First of all let me discuss the matter of faith( A belief system or a philosophical perspective of life). An average Jew should practice Judaism, however in history and even today Jews have adopted all forms of beliefs. Atheism for instance is on the rise in present day Israel and a reasonable number of Jews are converting to Christianity. There are only a few times when Jews have all practiced Judaism. Many times the Jewish society is multi-faith.

Within the christian community there are all sorts of teachings on prosperity (all the types defined in your quoted post) and a dominant one is that when you give offerings and tithe miraculously you will prosper. The teaching of "small effort, big blessing" is ravaging many christian communities across the world today. However that is not what the bible teach or what God is all about. The idea that because somebody believe there is God and he is in charge of all things does not always translate to understanding God's principle of prosperity. I agree that naturally those who know God should be hardworking however you may be surprised that many are actually lazy because the religious leaders have presented to them "another secret formula" of God's blessings.

I like to express my understanding of this matter mathematically. God is a universal set (in him we live and have our being). there are many elements within the universal set however prosperity is an intersection of two sets (God's blessing AND Hardwork). Nothing happens outside God and nothing can happen without God. God in his divine will blesses whosoever he wants to prosper for HIS ( God's) own will irrespective of their belief or philosophical perspective, whether they are Jews or Nigerians. However where a person has decided to become lazy or slothful they exclude themselves from prosperity.

It should be noted that prosperity is not just a result of hardwork. For instance in science research many scientists are hardworking but not all have breakthroughs. In business many have invested and hardworking but have little profit from their businesses. Life has taught the aged as well as the wise that hardwork alone does not guarantee success or prosperity. Solomon in his wisdom could not solve this riddle he declared "I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all." - Eccl. 9:11

We know that God set the times just as Daniel declared "He (God) changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning." - Daniel 2:21

If God's blessing over the work of men results in prosperity and the nation of Israel is multi-faith, then we cannot say their religion and training is the result of their prosperity.

The statistics you gave are quite interesting but I don't want to dwell much on them. I feel they are exaggerated. Again even if the Jews are the poorest men on earth it doesn't diminish God's love for them. They don't have to have all these "impressive" records for me to accept they are blessed. The statistics have failed to tell us is if the Jews who have these records practice Judaism, or have been trained in Jewish culture and norms for us to claim their training and religion is somehow responsible for their individual successes.

There are many nations that have done better than the Jews. The Assyrians for instance are said to be very powerful, prosperous and intelligent. Some in the theological community believe the Germans are the descendants of the Assyrians. Whatever be the case prosperity is not peculiar to the Jews and not a yardstick to measure God's approval of a lifestyle or a nation.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by wiegraf: 4:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
plaetton:

The bolded is complete bullshyt. Your studies indeed. have you published such studies for peer review? More like your desperate attempt to justify your goddism.

In your studies, you forgot to tell us what percentage of Jews are religious or actually believe in god. You would be surprised.

lets look at this issue objectively. First, who are the jews?
So, we can agree that a strong devotion to their religion and culture has helped keep them closely knit.

But more than anything else, the impetus and desperate urge to survive is what has made jews seem somewhat unique from other races.
Scattered from time to time, always sorrounded by hostile enemies and occupiers, always on the verge of extinction, the powerful human impetus to survive has been the perfect bond that held the jews together.

Living on the fringes of other civilizations, far as history is concerned, the jews never built any enduring civilisation, and hardly ever left any enduring historical legacies. For most of their history, they were a people always living on the fringes of other more powerful civilizations.
Since jews never had access to power,they were relegated to live as traders, money lenders and smiths. These were seen as less noble occupations in those days.
If you know a little about how modern banking evolved from money lenders and goldsmiths, then you would understand how the jews have steadily grown very powerful over the last many centuries.

This is also something that our brain dead African leaders are yet to realize, even in this century.

In summary, success brings success. Jews educate their children and pass on their legacies to them to continue from where they stopped.
So, yes , religion and culture has been indirectly responsible for the success of the jews in modern times by giving them a unique identity, the same religion and culture, in their past, also gave them nothing but pain, persecution and failure as a civilization.

Todays Jews are far less religious than their less successful ancestors. Majority of today's jews are cultural jews ,and not religious jews.

It is laughable to ascribe the success of a race to god. History does not agree with that. I find it laughable when someone deliberately ignores 95% of known human history just to make a case for the 5%.

Can we also say the success of the Egyptian civilization for 4000yrs was god inspired? How about the Greek civilisation? How about the Babylonian civilisation? How about the Roman Empire and civilisation?

Where are all these previously successful civilisations now? Did god abandon them or did they abandon god?

And which god is responsible for the 5000 yr old Chinese civilisation that has endured to this day and is currently on the verge of dominating the entire world?

So, do you get my drift?

Aaaaannnnnndddd this is mostly correct. Oyinbo chase dem commot from farms, unwittingly helping them. Perhaps our forefathers chased off some puny oyinboyish tribes from sunny africa to the same effect. Eventually jews went on to form big banking families, some believe the wealthiest that have ever been in history. I forget their names...lemme see... They've also dominated sciences, etc. Giving 'god' undue influence is a bit disingenuous. Abi was the oyinbos rise to dominance over us down to their 'god' culture as well, or directly down to god even? Nature and nurture (mostly) conspired to give them the advantage. In a sense, they were just lucky. We now, armed with education, have a chance to even things out. Our luck, since we've been born in this era

Then again, I'm still not ruling out genetics completely, though it looks more and more unlikely. It seems to be mostly a nurture thing, but again, that would depend on frequencies in populations among other things.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by advocate666: 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
Evil Brain: @advocate666

You're missing the point. Your pictures are irrelevant because the I was comparing the diversity of climates not the size of the continents. In any case, I hope you're not suggesting that Africa is bigger than Eurasia (hint: its not!).

Africa's long north-south axis is a disadvantage. Plus the variety of climates is nowhere close to Eurasia's.
The east-west distance is far smaller than Eurasia's. Read my original link again, including all the subsequent pages. It seems you don't understand yet.

I really don't understand you here. You said that size was irrelevant but then went ahead and stressed upon the diagonal size of Eurasia. It is either it is not important and we forget about size or it is important and we compare. Look at those maps again. There are enough width in both continents to effectuate the changes you assert. I assert again, that Africa has more variety in climate than eurasia. But I don't think we could agree on this so let it be.

Evil Brain: Like I said before, not enough time has passed for Eurasians to evolve to the degree you're suggesting. Also, your "harsh European climate" theory falls down for 2 reasons.
1. Eurasians left Africa 120,000 to 60,000 years ago but have only been farming for 12,000 years. If the European winter was so bad; what do you think they were eating for the first 50-100,000 years? The truth is that there plenty of food in Europe, even in the winter. They could hunt animals, dig up roots, eat bugs, fish, etc. And those who couldn't find any food simply moved south as the weather changed. No need to store anything, and no evidence that they did before the neolithic revolution. That's what hunting/gathering is all about.
2. Have you ever been to Europe? I don't know where you're getting this harsh weather idea from, but the weather in large parts of it is lovely. There is a wide belt with temperate, beautiful, sunny weather stretching all the way from Portugal to Japan, more than 3 times Africa's widest diameter (which happens to be where inhospitable the Sahara desert is). The winter is southern Spain is like AC weather. Meanwhile, unless you live in South Africa or the north african coast, here you only have a choice between crazy hot weather, and sahara desert.

Your first statement shows that you have limited knowledge on the process of evolution. Please not that it is not relative to time. That is, a population can take 2 million years to mutate into a new type, while this same population, in a different environment, may take only 20 years to effectuate the same evolution.
Early europeans processed their food by drying them in the summer and eating them in the winter.

You are also being biassed (towards Africans?) by saying that it's long north-south axis is a disadvantage while suggesting that that of europe is an advantage to them.

Evil Brain: Wrong. We know in fairly fine detail where most plants and animals originated, where they where first domesticated, and where they've been since then. Like I said, the science behind this is rock solid. Also I know that the Fulani's weren't herding cows 11,000 years ago because there were no cows to herd back then. And there were no Fulani's as we know now them. Take your time to think about how big a number 11,000 is for a while. Ancient Egypt was 4000 years ago. We are talking about 7,000 years before that!

@bolded, the same way we know that River Niger was only discovered in 1790, because there was no river to discover previously.

When it comes to justifying your shaky stance, 11000 years becomes a big number for Fulanis to exist but 100000 years is not big enough for the european to evolve. Who is hating his own people now?

About your rock solid science, please tell me which plants and animals make up the "crude oil" in southern nigeria?

Evil Brain: I'm not glorying in being better than in anyone. I'm just pointing out that we Africans are in the middle of the pack, not at the back. That's nothing to be ashamed about because in most endeavors, almost everybody has at least one person ahead of them. The same applies here.

You're totally wrong. The latest and best research shows that the differences are just that superficial. Though you can carry out your own genetic studies if you're so sure that the oyimbos are a superior race.

NB: Edited for clarity.

There is nothing like a superior race. Oyibos are better than us in certain things. We are better in others. Everybody adapts to one's own environment. Is somebody who is struggling to get what you already have superior to you? Depends on perspective.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by EvilBrain1(m): 1:27am On Jan 28, 2013
advocate666:

I really don't understand you here. You said that size was irrelevant but then went ahead and stressed upon the diagonal size of Eurasia. It is either it is not important and we forget about size or it is important and we compare. Look at those maps again. There are enough width in both continents to effectuate the changes you assert. I assert again, that Africa has more variety in climate than eurasia. But I don't think we could agree on this so let it be.

You still don't get it. I guess its my fault for not explaining more. I thought you'd read the whole Jared Diamond talk I linked to. Let me try again:

Human beings don't invent new things very often. What we are very good at is copying and adopting innovations from other people. Most people have no idea how computers and cellphones work, but it doesnt stop them from using them. When Columbus first landed in America, the natives had never seen horses, guns or even metal tools before, But within a hundred years they were firing rifles at the oyimbos from horseback.

About 10,000 years ago, somewhere around Iraq; a group of hunter/gatherers started cultivating wild wheat. They discovered that they could obtain far more food than when they were hunting and gathering. The new farms meant they had to stay in one place and build permanent settlements and store the excess. The surplus food meant their population exploded dramatically. They developed a more complex society with division of labour and professional farmers, soldiers, hunters, builders, etc. This meant they could outcompete and overrun their neighbours and take over their land to farm more wheat. It meant the establishment of the first cities, It also meant for the first time in human history, a significant percentage of people were freed from the daily search for food and were able to apply their minds to other things such such as making better farming tools, houses and weapons. Of course the smart neigbours copied them and started farming wheat themselves and agriculture spread quickly, thus beginning the neolithic revolution, the most significant development in human history.

Now the thing about wild wheat is that it doesn't grow just anywhere. It requires a particular temperature, a specific rainfall pattern and seasonal day-length variation in order to thrive. Luckily Eurasia's long axis goes east-west meaning as long as you don't go too far north or south, you can grow wheat across the whole 7000 km of the continent. Therefore the farming of wheat, rice, millet and all the other plants that were domesticated around this time could spread quickly, unhindered by climate.

Now around the same time in Africa's Sahel region, some black guys started growing sorghum. The same thing happened: population explosion, cities, complex societies, trading, etc. Similarly, sorghum farming spread quickly from its original site. The problem is that couldn't spread north because of the Sahara, and it couldn't spread far south because there the climate changes drastically as you move south. It did spread east and west but that's just a narrow strip of the continent. This means all the Africans who who lived outside the sorghum belt couldn't benefit from the changes agriculture brought and had to wait for thousands of years of selective breeding to adapt sorghum as well as all the imported Eurasian plants to their climate. Not that many plants can produce enough food to be worth farming so its not like they could just start growing the grass in their backyard.

The same applies to animals, though to a slightly lesser degree. Horses where domesticated somewhere in eastern Europe, and in a few hundred years they had spread throughout Europe and Asia. The same couldn't happen in Africa because they weren't adapted to the hot weather. And unfortunately almost all the commonly domesticated animals originate in Eurasia. African animals almost all too dangerous or stubborn to be domesticated. If when the Europeans came to Africa they had met us riding rhinos and keeping lions as pets, they would have had a much harder time colonizing us. Sadly, rhinos aren't as stup!d, docile and pliable as wild horses. If you whip a rhino's ynash, it will turn around and kill you. The same goes for most other native African animals. Other than the guinea fowl, Africans never succeeded in domesticating any of their local fauna and this was another disadvantage since they had to wait millennia for imported animals to gradually adapt to the weather. Even today, sheep, cattle, horses and other animals don't thrive as much in sub-saharan Africa compared to Europe and Asia. Our people till the ground manually instead of using oxen. We don't ride horses in the tropical areas. Its not because we don't know how, but because the environment makes using animals impractical, they either don't survive or are too uneconomical to keep.

The reason Africa's development lagged behind Europe and Asia's is that the spread of agricultural technology, and thus development was much slower than in Eurasia. Because of geography, climate and the variety of plants and animals available for domestication.

Get it?

You said a bunch of other stuff in your post that I also wanted to address, but I don't really have the time so I'll just leave it.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by advocate666: 10:32am On Jan 28, 2013
@ Evil Brain.

What you are saying makes some sense but there are some incoherent parts. For example, you keep insisting on the significance of the length of eurasia which spans two continents to make 7000km while at the same time ignoring the fact that the Sahel region in one continent spans a massive 5400km.

In any case, even if we don't agree on the significance of the width of Africa, we both agree that the Eurasian man evolved from hunter/gatherer to farmer/cultivator. This evolutionary process has effects. New diets resulted in genetically different offsprings. You may see these genetic differences as minor but when extrapolated and compared to our genetic differences with chimps, they become huge. This does not mean that the African is inferior. It just means that we are different in many aspects.

Another factor you didn't take into consideration is climate change and how the climate of most of these regions have changed in the past 10000 years. One the consequences of not considering other factors is that in the case of Eurasia vs Sahel, with your analysis, one might expect both regions of the world to be similar today. But we know that they are anything but. Why did eurasia keep developping and Sahel almost stopped?

We disagree about what about european development because you insist that having time to do other things brought about development and I insist that the necessity for survival brought about development.

Your theory about animal domestication is just false, I don't know where to begin. Many animals could be domesticated if you put your mind to it. In the 1950s, a russian, Dmitri K. Belyaev, even managed to domesticate foxes. It was just another necessary development for the eurasian to tame horses for transportation.

The African man's genetic development depends on his environment. He didn't need to travel far in order to survive. He didn't need to store food for long periods of time. etc. His genes adapted accordingly.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
SNCOQ3:
I found this interesting comment here:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/all_my_babies_mamas_reveals_liberals_opinion_of_blacks_comments.html#disqus_thread#ixzz2Iy6uI3wH

Do you agree or disagree with the comment in question? And why? Please lets discuss in the most constructive way possible. Thanks
I DIDNT BOTHER READING THE TRIPE BUT THE PROSPERITY OF A NATION OF PEOPLE DEPENDS ON THE NATION WHICH IS UPLIFTED. CURRENTLY THE ROMAN EMPIRE, THE FOURTH BEAST IS UPLIFTED BY GOD TO CONTROL THE EARTH. SO THEY HAVE PROSPERITY. VERY SOON THEY WILL BE BROUGHT LOW TO HELL.
ANCIENT BABYLONIAN - EGYPTIAN TWO UPLIFTED HAMITIC NATIONS
MEDIO PERSIAN AND ASSYRIAN TWO UPLIFTED JAPHETIC NATIONS
GREEK AND ROMAN TWO UPLIFTED SHEMETIC NATIONS

AND AFTER THAT IS THE KINGDOM ON EARTH AND THE UPLIFTED WILL BE THE RIGHTEOUS
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by SNCOQ3(m): 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
plaetton":

Lol...This is more like a desperate attempt to justify "agodism". If you have sufficient information against the overwhelming evidence that the jewish culture of hardwork, innovation and inventiveness has its root in their religion; please publish it for peer review.

Its presumptous to think I'll be surprised. Infact, I know the religious demographics, but its inconsequential to the subject matter(belief vs gene). Even if all the Jews convert to atheism today, it won't change the fact that their culture of hardwork, innovation and inventiveness has its origin in judaism. Afterall, most western atheist still claim to be "cultural christians" for a good reason.

lets look at this issue objectively. First, who are the Jews?
Excellent! I am sure you're aware that "Jew" simply means a "called out people" meaning: a people in covenant with God. The Arabs and Jews are genetically thesame; What differentiates them, basically is belief not gene. This makes the quote below even more clearer:
-----------
-----------

I agree with most of your points but "the impetus and desperate urge to survive" was not exclusive to the Jews compare to other extinct races/nations. While you might likely add luck to the "mix"; I attribute it to God...that's by the way though.

That is because its ingrained in their ancient religion. Intellectual pursuit motivated by a religious belief is stronger than the same which is motivated by the will to survive.

Lol... take it easy. At least, we agree that the black race is not mentally inferior to other races. This is already proven, but the black race needs to be elightened. If our people start believing that it is not in the gene but a mindset...

correct. So by extension, the even current atheistic jews inherited their culture of success from their religious ancestors.

The bolded is what you'd want us to believe but the reverse is also true; The blessings and punishment that comes with keeping/breaking Convenant Laws is beyond the scope of this discussion.

...and African races too. But that is irrelevant to the subject matter.

"Majority" is disputable; Statitistic 'says' otherwise. But it doesn't matter within the context of belief vs gene discourse.

The "agodist" will always interprete history differently. But we know the fact of history and archeological discoveries.

Beyond Belief vs Gene; The rise and fall of Empires is determined by God in accordance with His plan. We have our book of Prophecies...we know whats going to happen next...Its beyond the scope of this discussion though.

Irrelevant. Even if I have used the Chinese for my case study (within the context of Belief vs Gene, I would have still been able to drive home my point. But am more impressed with the tiny-in-population Jews given their mind-bending achievement, technological prowess, Economic success...The Chinese are "Agbaya" in comparison to the Jews.

So, do you get my drift?
As far as the subject matter is concerned, your drift is: Its belief(or mindset if you like) not gene.

Your opinion is noted.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by SNCOQ3(m): 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
@Logicboy,
First, let me congratulate on your Japanese girlfriend...Now I know why you're bias wink
I know you're in love with Japan; I love Japan...and Kaizen too.
Back to the topic:

"Logicboy03":

continuous improvement ultimately leads to perfection. At least we agree its a philosphy- that is what is relevant to this discourse.
--------------
Kaizen, Japanese for "improvement", or "change for the better" refers to philosophy or practices that focus upon continuous improvement of processes in manufacturing, engineering, and business management. It has been applied in healthcare, psychotherapy, life-coaching, government, banking, and other industries...Wikepedia
--------------

Isreal is so far away from the centre of technology that your statement is wrong.
Nooooo...Logicboy no.

Have you looked at the cars you drive in Nigeria? Toyota, Honda, Nissan. £ most common cars. Our electronics come from Japan- Sharp, Sony etc.
The Japanese are innovative with cosumer goods and mass market products - no doubt. But when it comes to mission-critical technology(medical, millitary, space...etc which is far ahead of consumer products ), the Jews are ahead of the Japanese.

I visited the site. Its just one man's personal opinion...No data...No references.

Compare This:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_inventions

To this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_inventions_and_discoveries

[img]http://philebersole.files./2012/12/eliteenrollment-large.jpg[/img]

I would like to know how isreal is the technological centre...
Isreal is number 1 in countries devoted to Research & Development investment. The remaining top five are Sweden, Finland, Japan, and Switzerland. The U.S. ranks sixth. South Korea, Germany, Denmark, and France round out the top ten. Canada ranks 13th. The BRICs are much further down the list, with Russia 22nd, China 26th, Brazil 31st and India 38th.

...and what they produce.
Now you're bias. Do your research.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by EvilBrain1(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
advocate666: @ Evil Brain.

What you are saying makes some sense but there are some incoherent parts. For example, you keep insisting on the significance of the length of eurasia which spans two continents to make 7000km while at the same time ignoring the fact that the Sahel region in one continent spans a massive 5400km.

Eurasia is one continent, not two. The use of the Ural mountains to divide it is completely arbitrary and exists only for political reasons. Asia, on its own is far bigger than Africa is not to talk of when you include Europe.

In any case, even if we don't agree on the significance of the width of Africa, we both agree that the Eurasian man evolved from hunter/gatherer to farmer/cultivator. This evolutionary process has effects. New diets resulted in genetically different offsprings. You may see these genetic differences as minor but when extrapolated and compared to our genetic differences with chimps, they become huge. This does not mean that the African is inferior. It just means that we are different in many aspects.

Wrong. most of the evolutionary changes brought about by diet occured before the Neolithic revolution. Contrary to what you seem to think, the development of agriculture didn't improve the diet of individual humans. Hunter-gatherers eat an extremely varied diet including meat, starch, fruits and nuts. Farmers on the other hand eat mainly whatever type of starch they happen to be growing.

Another factor you didn't take into consideration is climate change and how the climate of most of these regions have changed in the past 10000 years. One the consequences of not considering other factors is that in the case of Eurasia vs Sahel, with your analysis, one might expect both regions of the world to be similar today. But we know that they are anything but. Why did eurasia keep developping and Sahel almost stopped?

The last glaciation ended around the time if the Neolithic revolution. Since then, the world had been gradually getting warmer, but.the change hasn't been as drastic as you make it sound except in the Sahara, where desertification has completely altered the landscape.
Now, speaking of the sahel, that region was one of Africa's more developed areas in the last 2 millennia with a string of cities from coast to coast and several large kingdoms. Its notable though that those kingdoms only existed because they had horses and camels which had by that time adapted to the climate and allowed people to travel widely and establish centralized control over a wide area. The Sahel's development most likely stalled due to the gradual desertification of the region. But that's just my guess, dont quote me.

We disagree about what about european development because you insist th8at having time to do other things brought about development and I insist that the necessity for -,, :6
brought about development.

If the constant struggle for survival was what brought about development, Nigerians would have been building settlements on the moon by now. You're dead wrong.

Your theory about animal domestication is just false, I don't know where to begin. Many animals could be domesticated if you put your mind to it. In the 1950s, a russian, Dmitri K. Belyaev, even managed to domesticate foxes. It was just another necessary development for the eurasian to tame horses for transportation.

It's not my theory, it's Jared Diamond's and it's rock-solid. You're right that it is possible to tame all sorts animals, but that doesn't mean all animals are suitable for domestication. Some animals are not worth the effort either because they are not useful, or because of dangerous or intractable behavior. Foxes are nowhere near as dangerous as lions, crocodiles, rhinos elephants and the other African megafauna. Even giraffes will disembowel you if you mess with them. And just because you think you've tamed them doesn't mean they won't go on a rampage one day and kill people. African animals are dangerous. let's not argue about things that are obvious.

The African man's genetic development depends on his environment. He didn't need to travel far in order to survive. He didn't need to store food for long periods of time. etc. His genes adapted accordingly.

Again, Eurasian's DNA is not that different from that of Africans. This is not something that is open to debate. Plenty of research has been done on the topic, and the resulting papers are widely available. You are wrong.
Re: Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly) by advocate666: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
@ Evil Brain.

You seem to be ignoring the points I'm trying to make in order to find things to dispute.

Firstly, you do finally agree with me that size does not matter as Africa was wide enough to induce development. 5400 or 7000 makes no difference. They both developed around the same era.

Secondly, I never talked of "improvement" in diet, rather about "change". Please note that these are not the same thing. And any change in diet results in a changed offspring.

Thirdly, You discarded climate change as a factor but went ahead in the next paragraph and almost endorsed it. What do you think "desertification" is, if not climate change?
But I must insist that genetic composition of Sahel dwellers also contributed to their impoverishment.

Fourth, no animal is suitable for domestication. You just have to learn to live with and dominate them. Dogs can bite you, kill your children and give you diseases. Cats causes illness and induces allergies. Chickens would pluck out your eyes. You must always keep goats on a rope or it runs away. It hates your home. A back kick from those horses has killed many men. etc.

Fifth, constant struggle for survival combined with the right genetic disposition, brings about development. Nigerians may or may not evolve to that level. It depends on a lot of factors.

And lastly, Eurasian's DNA is not that different from that of Africans but Eurasian's DNA is different from that of Africans. You have already admitted this. Our disagreement is what significant consequence does this minute difference have on our respective races. You say negligible, I say maybe not that negligible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris’ Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Her Mum On Divorce / Lust Of The Flesh, And Why It's Bad To Love Money / Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 241
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.