Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

On The Permanence Or Impermanence Of The New Birth (culled From A Conversation) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Permanence Or Impermanence Of The New Birth (culled From A Conversation) (464 Views)

The New Birth And The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit - When One Becomes A Christian / On The Permanence Or Impermanence Of The New Birth (culled From A Conversation) / Disgraced Bishop, Eddie Long Finally Quit New Birth Church!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On The Permanence Or Impermanence Of The New Birth (culled From A Conversation) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
About our discussion, I find it extremely difficult to "counter" Scriptures. When a person presents a portion of the Bible as support for a particular viewpoint, I prefer to present other portions of Scripture, if any, that "appear" to contradict those ones. My reason is that if the person is truly after the Truth, they will get on their knees before the Lord and pray for Light in their understanding. That way, their encounter with the Truth will be a true inward and eternal experience unlike what arguing doggedly would've done. That does not mean that I consider argument a bad thing but that I'm certain arguing never brings anyone into the Truth. It does, however, test the persons involved as to how much of the Truth they have come into enabling those blessed with Humility to keep after the On-high calling.

I say all that to explain why I am reluctant to address the passages you have presesnted as you probably prefer that I do.

(1) (Reply)

21 Sundays Of Prophetic Deliverance Encounter...dont Miss It!!!!!! / Revealed / POPE Benedict XVI To Resign February 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.