Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

How You Should Respond To Questions In Programming Threads - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How You Should Respond To Questions In Programming Threads (698 Views)

Help Needed With The Following Questions In C++ Or Any Language Please!!! / Become A Pro In Programming For Only N6000 / Sayo Oladeji Wins N1m In Programming Contest (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Should Respond To Questions In Programming Threads by Tamorion: 8:18am On Jan 26, 2013
When answering a question please:
1. Read the question carefully.
2. Understand that English isn't everyone's first language so be lenient of bad spelling and grammar.
3. If a question is poorly phrased then either ask for clarification, ignore it, or edit the question and fix the problem.
Insults are not welcome. Let's work to help developers, not make them feel stupid.
Re: How You Should Respond To Questions In Programming Threads by Javanian: 8:27am On Jan 26, 2013
Please what motivated you to create this thread?? Any examples of threads with bad replies??
Re: How You Should Respond To Questions In Programming Threads by naijaswag1: 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
Javanian: Please what motivated you to create this thread?? Any examples of threads with bad replies??

The guy is making a serious point. The Nigerian factor and complexity is a hallmark of this programming threads. Folks here are not helpful when it comes to assisting or helping others learn. Someone comes here to ask a question, they get obnoxious replies. This forum is a turn off for newbies especially when it comes to answering programming questions. Am not going to give examples, I have argued this for years now probably as far back as 2009.

1 Like

Re: How You Should Respond To Questions In Programming Threads by Tamorion: 12:47am On Jan 27, 2013
Javanian: Please what motivated you to create this thread?? Any examples of threads with bad replies??
I cannot begin to cite scenerios, but I observed that many a time people just get distracted by what level of grammar makes a question. This often result to insults and use of strong language, sometimes you end up having different topics creeping in, leaving the inquirrer more confuse. I have only seen this in Nigerian Fora. Elsewhere, people go the next league to help a fellow, especially Newbies. I thought we could do same here.

(1) (Reply)

Text-blinking With Java / A Call On Web Developers / PHP Programmers Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.