Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

21-year Old UK-based Nigerian Man Hanged Himself Over Fear Of Deportation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 21-year Old UK-based Nigerian Man Hanged Himself Over Fear Of Deportation (658 Views)

Nigerians Shun Domestic Air Travel Over Fear Of Crashes / Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria / 21-year-old Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

21-year Old UK-based Nigerian Man Hanged Himself Over Fear Of Deportation by dotcomnamename: 11:29am On Jan 26, 2013
20-year old UK-based Nigerian man named Riliwanu Balogan was found hanged at Glen Parva Young Offender’s Institute that is located in Leicester in 2011.

According to reports, the said incident happened a day before his 21st birthday.

According to the jury inquest which finished on January 24, 2013, Balogan moved to the United Kingdom when he was just 7 years old. He was then transferred to Glen Parva because of his awaiting deportation.

Glen Parva is a place that holds 18 to 21 years old men who await deportation.

According to reports, Balogan hanged himself on May 8, 2011.

The staffs have taken him to Leicester Royal Infirmary and tried to revive him, but he died after 1 week.

Senior prison officer Paul Mayfield said: “He told me he had nothing to live for. He said ‘I’ll be deported back to Nigeria. I’ve got no-one back there. I’ll be living in the slums.”

http://ireporterstv.co/21-year-old-uk-based-nigerian-man-hanged-himself-over-fear-of-deportation/

Re: 21-year Old UK-based Nigerian Man Hanged Himself Over Fear Of Deportation by Akshow: 11:54am On Jan 26, 2013
This one na do or die Janded life. Silly imp. Waste him life for nothin.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Tips And Advice On Resorts And Private Beaches In Lagos / Nigerian Tourist/visitor Visa / Nigerian Child ‘abducted’ By Norwegian Child Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.