Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! (1677 Views)

Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop / Spyware/adware Attack / How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by hotangel2(f): 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2006
Hey guys, for some really weird reasons, i feel as if there's a spyware on my computer, like a virus or some sort. I need some kind of programme to delete this. I beg of you, FREE ONE. I don't have no credit card to give out.

Okay please anyone? Help!!!

Download link? Something to clean the whole brain of this computer? I have Mcfee virus scan, blah blah. But that's not helping ( i think?). HELP!!!!!
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by hotangel2(f): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2006
HELLO COMPUTER GURU'S ANYONE

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Actually the reason why im soo bugged is because, some weird pop-up came up on my internet explorer which i never even use because im a mozilla freak. And it said something like "a spyware has been detected on your computer, They know you're using Microsoft home blah blah, they know your I.P address is so soo, your activites on the internet are being recorded, blah blah, your emails could be at risk, bla bla".

Okay that freaked me ouT! My dad said the Mcfee virus scan would protect my computer, and that there r no problems. It's just one of those stupid pop-ups. Uhmmm, I DON'T THINK SO! undecided undecided
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by Zahymaka(m): 12:25am On May 01, 2006
Depends on what you're seeing. Do the popups come up when you're viewing certain sites?

Try Windows Defender and/or Spyware Doctor.

I hope these help.
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by goodguy(m): 12:25am On May 01, 2006
Get Microsoft Windows Defender (formerly Windows Anti-spyware)
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by WesleyanA(f): 12:51am On May 01, 2006
I used to have McAfee but it expired. i use norton now.

It also helps to shut down the computer once in a while. don't leave it on when you're not using it.

and I agree with your dad. I get stupid pop-ups like that once in a while. They just try to scare you or make you download their spyware.

once, I had to go on the regkey (or whatever it's called) to remove hidden spywares
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by goodguy(m): 12:56am On May 01, 2006
When norton expires, which one will you use? grin
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by WesleyanA(f): 12:59am On May 01, 2006
whatever my dad gets? or whatever I persuade him to buy?  grin

by the way, how did you get that "online now" thingy under your username?
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by goodguy(m): 1:13am On May 01, 2006
WesleyanA:

whatever my dad gets? or whatever I persuade him to buy?  grin
Maybe Kaspersky? cheesy

WesleyanA:

by the way, how did you get that "online now" thingy under your username?
If you have your yahoo messenger ID on your profile, and you're online on messenger, you'll get that.
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by my2cents(m): 4:27am On May 01, 2006
Folks,

In general, you can always visit www.download.com for a lot of free software. Some have expiration dates, others don't. I visit here quite often grin

Just thought I should chime in.
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by hotangel2(f): 6:23am On May 01, 2006
God bless you My people.

Personal thanks to Goodguy and Zahaymaka for helping me on Yahoo messenger. I was freaked out.

WesleyanA:

and I agree with your dad. I get stupid pop-ups like that once in a while. They just try to scare you or make you download their spyware.

once, I had to go on the regkey (or whatever it's called) to remove hidden spywares

I agree with you wes. The pop up came with a "go here to buy the spy-ware that'll save your computer from blah blah". I clicked and it was like, "credit card number". I was like, Haaaaaaa, aye mi ooo!!

What freaked me out the most was the message about "everything u do online is being recorded, your emails are at risk". shocked shocked shocked

Well, after downloading the spyware goodguy gave me, I did a full scan and the result i got was:

I also turned on my AOL anti-spyware program (which by the way i don't know who turned off!), i did everything possoble to clean the computer. Whew, I hate pop-ups. I HATE I.E!!! FXCKING ANNOYING POP-UPS>

I LOVE MOZILLA>> NO POP-UPS WATSOEVER!!!!! Now that's BRowsing!
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by goodguy(m): 11:19pm On May 01, 2006
hot-angel:

Well, after downloading the spyware goodguy gave me

I didn't give you spyware o! shocked cheesy

BTW, what's limewire doing on your computer? I will report you to EFCC FBI. cheesy
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by Zahymaka(m): 11:33pm On May 01, 2006
goodguy:

BTW, what's limewire doing on your computer? I will report you to EFCC FBI. cheesy

The post topic should tell you what she was looking for wink wink. The wrong guy would have given her a real spyware program.
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by SIBLI06(m): 3:17pm On May 02, 2006
@hot-angel,

try spybot search & destroy, you can download it free from the link below.

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html

I use it myself and it is a good program.
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by hotangel2(f): 8:34pm On May 02, 2006
goodguy:

Okay well u gave me the software to eliminate spyware. better?

WTF?? Report me now, u want transport money? Jainsense!
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by hotangel2(f): 8:35pm On May 02, 2006
sibli, thanks darl, but i think this computer is protected enough. SOmeone selse might use it tho.
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by goodguy(m): 10:16pm On May 02, 2006
hot-angel:

Okay well u gave me the software to eliminate spyware. better?
I gave you an anti-spyware software.

I think I should have given you what you asked for - a spyware program! tongue
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by mochafella(m): 10:24pm On May 02, 2006
goodguy:

BTW, what's limewire doing on your computer?

If I remember correctly limewire is also ad-supported i.e. spyware. You might want to get a firewall to stop "unknown" programs feeding ads to your computer.
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by Koolwilly(m): 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2008
spyware can infect your computer and compromise your privacy, security and computer performance, bet help at .http://softsupportonline..com/2008/07/how-to-find-spyware-on-my-computer.html
grin undecided
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by Ekome: 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
Have you tried Spyware Nuker. Over 8 million people worldwide use Nuker to protect their PC. U can try it.
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by uspry1(f): 3:41am On Aug 02, 2008
LOOK: this thread is 2 years old---way way old!

No need further posting anymore!
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by dreday(m): 12:56am On Aug 04, 2008
Hi all,
I think I have spyware or some malware on my laptop.
Couple of weeks ago,I started getting these annoying pop-ups on my system from my AV(I was using McAfee 8.5 enterprise) indicating that it was blocking some programs.
Then I started getting these really annoying pop-ups from some 'anti-spyware' programs advertising their stuff.This then progressed to these sites openig even when i close them.This made me believe I had some BAD spyware(happened to me once before).
I consulted with a friend who advised that I get AVG 8.0,which I did and ran thereafter and yes,it did come up with a few detections and then I believed my system was safe.
Alas,I started getting these pop-ups from AVG almost EVERYTIME I'm on the internet which is almost EVERYTIME my laptop is on.
This is what usually comes up depending on what I'm using(mozilla,IE,opera or yahoo messenger).

v.freefl.info/day.js
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe (Process id 244)
, \opera, etc
, \internet explorer, etc
, \yahoo mesg, etc

Please,can anyone suggest how to resolve this?

Counting on u guyz
Re: Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! by nikekenny(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2008
the best i use for free back then is spybot search & destroy, very active

and i think the best is avast antivirus! allow the avast to do boot scan then it will scan all the window files thereby delete all the av and spyware present

(1) (Reply)

Complete Ku Vsat Equip.(1.2mtr Dish,3w Buc,lnb + Idirect Modem) @ No Cost! / Isp In Abraka Or Warri / Your-freedom Software Rocks And Rule.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.