Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:06 PM

Starcomms - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Starcomms (2411 Views)

Working Condition Of Starcomms Ltd / Working Condition Of Starcomms Ltd / Advertising Agency For Starcomms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starcomms by lovelynn(f): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2008
I was employed on the 12th of february 2008 at starcomms office at 62 new market road onitsha. on that day we were like seven graduates. They told us that we would have to work for the first two weeks on commission i.e #1000 for each phone we sell be it lsp 4000 which is an ordinary table phone or lsp 3510 which is internet enabled. They said they would tell us how much the company would be paying us come 25th of february. I have really markerted the products well that i have sold up to 4 and it was not easy. A week later,on the 3rd of march i was forced to ask tham about the salary structure since they failed to raise the topic. I was told that for now nothing has been said. The guy was bold enough to say "she u have been collecting ur commission" What do i do? does anyone out there have this experience?
Re: Starcomms by Tinkinguy(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2008
Look Sis,

I can tell you point blank that you re not one of their staff, but just another sales contractor, who will be compensated by the commission from the number of sales you were able to make, and with that they are not going to pay you anything as per salary. The process by which you were recruited is not the normal employment process, this I deduced from the story I told us.

No company employs like that my sister, however you have options:
1) to either continue with the marketing job to which you will only get and make due with the commission of the products sold or,
2) quit the job and look for yourself another job where you will be properly interviewed and employed with all the terms and conditions stated and signed by both parties.

Shikina
Re: Starcomms by austinooo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2008
My guy, patient dog eat the fattest bone, mkindly wait for a while and see if the thing will later work out but if u have another thing outside starcomms while not drop their phones and leave. Point of warning!Dont quit unless u have a better thing out there, a bird at hand worth more than a million in the bush
Re: Starcomms by Meldrick(m): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2008
Austinoooo has given you a good talk. Don't quit until you have something better. A patient dog eats the fattest bone. People get into companies like that. is not compulsory that evertyone must write series of tests and attend interviews. Be patient
Re: Starcomms by chidies: 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2008
You have just heard it. It is an advice. Dont quit until you have another better one. All the best.
Re: Starcomms by Agbo2(m): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2008
@ poster,
From your post, it is evident that your employment was verbal and so was the promise about the salary.
My advice for you is to stay only if u're ok with the commission which seems to be the only thing u will get from them.
Beats me why you have to be deceived to pick up the job.
I really wouldnt advice you to continue with such a job having deception as its foundation.
You were deceived, dont deceive yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Test Format For Exxonmobil Apprenticeship Program / Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment Exercise/assessment Test / Customer Care Rep. Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.